Saturday's Meet and Greet

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 30, 2007
Had connection problems last night and was not able to log on for the meet and greet. Did I miss anything important or interesting?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
A lot of interesting things, interspersed with one PvP guild giving unasked-for monologues on how their opponents cheated, and the other defending themselves, all the while the rest of us BEGGED them to STFU, as complaining to an EM about GM actions/inactions is like yelling at the electric meter reader because the mail is running late.

More details will probably be up on the EM's blog later, as he recorded the conversations.

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 19, 2008
I’m always stunned and disappointed in guild leaders that become so belligerent in public forums and events, it makes me lose respect for them and the guild as well. I have always found the best leaders are the ones who are well spoken, considerate and can put aside their own emotions for the good of the guild, alliances, shard and the game itself.

I can appreciate the frustration with cheating but its been around for almost as long as UO has and it exists not only in PvP but PvM, resource gathering, character building, crafting and numerous of other examples. Other players were able to bring up their ideas and concerns during the rest of the meeting, including cheating and bugs. It’s a shame that we cant all have an adult discussion and come to consensus together without the displays of childish drama.

Uthgood

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 1, 2010
Jonesboro, AR
It appeared to be a fairly productive meeting, even if you include my monologue. Of course, now that I've posted this here, I expect to be verbally flamed by everyone who kills me on a daily basis. :thumbsup:

Peladon Darthor (DFA)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Peladon - look in my reply to your PM. I think you misunderstood something.

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 19, 2008
You need to start a guild Tek, I agree. ( =
Do it Tekkers! I'll join up with you! :thumbup:
BTW.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...........
Well guys thanks for the vote of confidence (I think?) but I don’t plan on running a guild again anytime soon for a few reasons-

1)It’s a lot of work – to run a guild well you have to have a lot of time and energy to devote to it, which I don’t have any more. What little time I do have I’d rather spend playing UO.

2)I belong to two great guilds already – so running another guild would take what limited time I have in UO away from playing with my friends in those guilds.

3)Most of the players I would want to enlist already belong to other guilds and I don’t really want to weaken other good guilds to establish my own. There are only so many players to go around nowadays.

Now that being said if running a guild meant that I could save some players from quitting, bring back some players from other shards or better yet bring back players that have quit UO I would consider it.

D

Dark Angel XXXX

hehe
Welcome back !!!
Not sure who was gone though hehe