• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire's, Thrower's best gear artifacts pieces ?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sorry corwin, in my latest post i proved you wrong, in youre statement regarding "youre lazy if u dont reforge hci on your suit".
Maby you should change it to..Its a good thing to put hci on armor with reforge, but its not always needed (And u dont look silly if u dont)

I have already given you numbers and examples, iv'e even pointed you to a living example. (witch u didnt want to checkout..for whatever reason u might have)
Untill you actually do some of the things i suggest, i dont think you can demand anything from me.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Im sorry corwin, in my latest post i proved you wrong, in youre statement regarding "youre lazy if u dont reforge hci on your suit".
Maby you should change it to..Its a good thing to put hci on armor with reforge, but its not always needed (And u dont look silly if u dont)
It's wrong. You haven't proved it. You just show that it's possible. It's possible to fly from Berlin to Paris through Moscow but it isn't the most effective way.

I have already given you numbers and examples, iv'e even pointed you to a living example. (witch u didnt want to checkout..for whatever reason u might have)
It's wrong. You haven't given me any real example. See above about the difference between "possible" and "the best".
I'm not going to spend hour looking for a person in one of the most active PvP area in Feluca (Destard). If he is a successful Destard hunter he rather has a PvP suit. The spawn itself you can do in a crappy suit without artifacts at all.

Untill you actually do some of the things i suggest, i dont think you can demand anything from me.
Well. Now I see that you are just a troll.

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I have to agree with Corwin. Some facts (existing suits) would be interesting to see. So show us some screenshots and not just theories. Otherwise I think this thread should be closed.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point was this, and it still is...M&S glasses is not always the headgear of choice if you use 6 modded weapons or better.
Its not really rocket science to take almost any existing suit, and swap M&S for totem, if you use the faction totem, the resist is almost the same

M&S 25/10/10/10/10
Totem, 20/10/10/10/10
Then you have the mods 30 HLD, 15 stats vs 15 hci, 20 stats.

When i rolled with Totem, i used a weapons like this.. (was a double axe) 30 SSI, 40 DI,HLD 48, HML 55, HSL 50, DCI 14.

Another example is stanima 211 suits, here u dont use M&S either, u want me to post such a suit also ?

I also have a suit where i use +10 hic talisman, +15 ring, +15 brac, +5 quiver...(they are not numbers taken out of thin air...)

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those who want to build this..here are the resist calc (Requires 4 arti tool charges)

This is for a metal suit, i like metal most :)
Head 20,10,10,10,10

Chest (chainmail tunic)
10,30,10,10,10 (Reforge 23 fire, enhance with aga(+7))

Arms
10,10,20+,10,10 (platemail? imbue cold, then enhance with XX to get 20ish, u can use valo..dosent matter so much.)

gloves
10,10,10,20,10 (ringmail imbue 20 poison)

legs
10,26,10,10,10 (chainmail, imbue 19, enhance with aga to get to 26)

Neck
10,10,10,10,24 (platemail imbue 17, enhance with bronze to get to 24)

+2 energy boots used to get to 75 (if using elf)

All pieces takes up 1 mod. (chest takes a bit more imbuing weight due to +4 overcapped resist, before enhancing (19+4))

With thise numbers, its clear that you dont loose any mods regarding resist wether u pick M&S or totem.
Unless you wanna play with refinement, and u want extra physical resist. (That is not the case)

Now when the resist is cleared out (if someone wants to sponsor me a arti tool, i can build this suit, done it before,im currently out :( )

When u build this in the "real" world, u dont always end up with streight 10s in resist, u usually get some 11 and 12s, so u modify as u go along.
How u set/spend the mods on this basic suit dosent matter because the build is the same wether u use M&S or totem, You will however in theory be able to make the basic parts
faster if u choose M&S due to the fact u need 5 resist less in physical.

Now 2 questions remain.
1) How do you get the missing +15 HCI when u use M&S ?
2) How do you get the missing HLD when using totem.

There is also the most importand thing missing. (Goal) said in other words, what do u wanna kill.

In this case lets say our goal is to solo Doom.(i like doom)

For question 1)
We mod our basic suit to have 180ish stanima.
We could reforge 3x+5 hci on suit ?
Use conjur trinket, and quiver +5 or 1xreforge on armor (lots of choices)

There is also the choice to just chain LS. (bad choice, but its there)
I think most would go with the conjur trinket, and +5 hci on armor.
(a side note, i roll with +10 hci talisman,+5 hci quiver on my sampire using M&S, witch also inclused a +5 dci part)

Option 2
Only 1 place to to it, and thats on our weapon.

So the conclution is this.
Using Totem, does make your'e life easiere, if you have very good weapons. but its not always prefered over M&S, it depends on the goal you have.

Rolling with imbued weapons and use totem is also doable. For doom i use Hatchets with HLD,HML,HSL demon,DI. (i also use daisho)
I also use my 6modded axe, when i get to honor stuff.
Doing baracoon champ, (i think i could do this on my crafter..hes fairly easy) neverthe less, you could roll with double axe, hit area, hsl,hml,ssi,di and vermin slayer talisman.
Niera is highly doable with undead talisman instead of vermin slayer talisman.

Doing stuff like dreadhorn, medusa is also easy with hatchets, and weapons like that.

If you wanna do semidar, memphi, rikkitor champ, i would actually suggest using M&S glasses, it is however possible to solo those champs also.

Peace out guys :)

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's wrong. You haven't proved it. You just show that it's possible. It's possible to fly from Berlin to Paris through Moscow but it isn't the most effective way.

It's wrong. You haven't given me any real example. See above about the difference between "possible" and "the best".
I'm not going to spend hour looking for a person in one of the most active PvP area in Feluca (Destard). If he is a successful Destard hunter he rather has a PvP suit. The spawn itself you can do in a crappy suit without artifacts at all.

Well. Now I see that you are just a troll.
You really think people havent figured out to use desp quiver with uber +10 resist, +5 hci, and conjurs trinket to compensate for the missing 15 hci !? When they wanna use M&S glasses..
Even i use that combo, i wouldt miss that undead slayer for any other talisman when i do niera...but please enlighten us, how u can build it better..

I dont need to troll, or flash my ego...You aparently have this kind of needs.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I also have a suit where i use +10 hic talisman, +15 ring, +15 brac, +5 quiver...(they are not numbers taken out of thin air...)
I'm glad to see some numbers in your last post.
But 45 HCI doesn't enough to make your suit good. I need to see all mods to get know is this suit crap or not.

M&S 25/10/10/10/10
Totem, 20/10/10/10/10
Then you have the mods 30 HLD, 15 stats vs 15 hci, 20 stats.
Here:
Yes, I know about faction artifacts and crafted few suits that used them. But there are some limitations on using faction artifacts so PvM characters usually can't use them.
Another example is stanima 211 suits, here u dont use M&S either, u want me to post such a suit also ?
Here:
It should be obvious that when you need 190 luck, 10 stamina, etc on the head slot you can't use M&S so it must not be a luck suit, etc.
When i rolled with Totem, i used a weapons like this.. (was a double axe) 30 SSI, 40 DI,HLD 48, HML 55, HSL 50, DCI 14.
14 DCI is pretty useless since you loose it when pick up your AI weapon (** see below)
40 DI means you lose 40 intensity on your jewels since you need to imbue 10 more DI
55 HML looks too low to chain DS
WW in most cases do less damage since you haven't slayer and can't use honor bonus

** If you are not going with two additional suits in your backpack - the second is to use it with AI weapon and the third is to use it with slayer weapons.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me, when making a suit, it's about maxing out the overall total value of the numbers.

And usually, there is weight left over in the suit to play around with, but for weapons... they are usually pretty tight. Not much wiggle room, so when you can move something off a weapon and onto your suit (example, one of my sampires has 100 DI, SSI and HLD all coming from his suit which frees up weapon slots) that's really good.

I haven't messed around much with 2 handed weapons, mainly because I am comfortable with my swords and fencing sampires the way they are.

EDIT: I pretty much agree with CorwinXX here. Except in a rare corner case, his comments are spot on.