• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Sampire suit

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok....so I have been using my same Sampire suit for the past few years.. It's a suit that I built before reforging came about. It's made mostly of woodland pieces so I could get the +5 Hci on them..

Well I realize it's way out of date and I would like to create a new suit.. I currently use Mace and Shield glasses, conjures garb, spell focus sash, c.c., desp quiver and the other parts are crafted. My character is an elf that runs in vampire form. His stats currently are HP 140, Stam 180, Mana 50

Money is not an issue nor is runic kits,forged metal tools, high end runic hammers, etc.. Have quite a supply of all those built up that's just collecting dust.

So where do I start.. What hammers/runic kits should I use? Basically where do I start? I know I want my Dex as high as possible.. What else do I need?

I would actually like to create a couple new suits as I have a gargoyle thrower that's pretty much got the same suit as my Sampire that I would like to reequip as well..

I see people posting to use studded armor...is this the way to go for sampires these days? Any help is very much appreciated - even pointing me to other posts that would help would be appreciated..

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Make woodland armor.
4x: 5 HCI, 8 LMC, 8 MI, 8 SI, 15 res
1x: 5 HCI, 8 LMC, 8 MI, 8 SI, 5 HPI
Enhancing: 5x 10 DI
Slither, Garb, Corgul, Crimson, Despicable

Resists: 65 + 52*5 + 14 * 4 + 10 + 2 + 2 = 395 (75 phys, 100 fire, 70 cold, 70 poison, 75-80 energy), reinforced phys, fire and may be energy, 30-35 DCI cap
HCI: 25 + 5 + 15 (jewel)
DI: 50 + 50 (weapon)
DCI: 10 + 5 + 5 + 10-15 (jewels)

STR 120 + 10
DEX 115 + 5 + 5
INT 25

But I can't understand - if you have gold why do you want Sampire? There are much better chars - Bushido Paladin and Melee Archer.

Bushido Paladin:
120 Sword
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Bushido
120 Parry
120 Chivalry
Var 1: 2/6 FC/FCR, some MR on jewels
Var 2: 90 Healing (90 Skills on jewels)

Melee Archer:
120 Sword
120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
90 Bushido
120 Chivalry
(55 Skills on jewels)

In both cases you will need 20 SSI on jewels.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly I have always had my Sampire type characters and never really thought of changing them since I seem to be able to handle most monsters solo..

My swords Sampire is :
Swords-120
Parry-120
Bushido-120
Tactics-100
Necro-100
Anatomy-100 (which I switch out with 100 resist depending on what I am fighting)
Chivalry-60

My thrower is similar but needs to refining :
Throwing-120
Tactics-120
Anat-120
Bushido-120
Chivalry-70
Necro-100
Spirit speak-60

I appreciate the time you took to write this, I will see what I can come up with on the suit.. Then I will see about adding the other skills and do some soul stoning and try out the various skills. Hard to make change :) hell used this old suit for years! Why do people say go with studded? Is it only for added lmc?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
A Sword Bushido Paladin is able to kill any monster that a Sword Sampire is able to kill... and some monsters that a Sword Sampire is not able to kill.
Sampire/Wraith may be considerable if you use Fencing because you can't get enough HLL and HML on a Leafblade to be a Bushido Paladin.

60-70 Chivalry is pretty useless. Duration of CW is too short. Chance to cure is too low. Damage bonus for EOO is too small.
Even with 95 Chivalry you can't reach max damage without Slayer + Honor. For example, my Sampire (95 Chivalry) does 123-171 with Honor + Slayer and only 118-164 with EOO + Slayer.

Studded is cheaper than woodland. And additional LMC is useful if your weapon is not good enough or you have little mana. Well additional LMC may be handy if you use Archery or Fencing.
In other cases wooden armor is the best and metal armor is the second.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Sword Bushido Paladin is able to kill any monster that a Sword Sampire is able to kill... and some monsters that a Sword Sampire is not able to kill.
Does this quote apply only if you use a 100% HLL weapon, or are you saying that a Bushido/Paladin combo can kill any monster that a Sword Sampire is able to kill?

Thanks, Katrena

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Yes, you need 100% HLL weapon for most difficult of them. In some cases (rat's mini spawn in the Abyss, UEV, etc) you can do well without HLL but having leach make fighting more comfortable. I use 80% HLL weapon for some champion spawns.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I can't understand - if you have gold why do you want Sampire? There are much better chars - Bushido Paladin and Melee Archer.

Bushido Paladin:
120 Sword
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Bushido
120 Parry
120 Chivalry
Var 1: 2/6 FC/FCR, some MR on jewels
Var 2: 90 Healing (90 Skills on jewels)

Melee Archer:
120 Sword
120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
90 Bushido
120 Chivalry
(55 Skills on jewels)

In both cases you will need 20 SSI on jewels.
A question about the Bushido Paladin. The Var 1 and Var 2 you added, what do they mean ?
Also, as far as gear/weapons any suggestions ?

About the Melee Archer, instead, I do not understand what the fighting tactics would be to use melee swording coupled with ranged archery....
Also, from other posts I seem to understand that the gear needed for a Melee Archer is considerably more expensive than for a Bushido Paladin or a Sampire. Why is that ? What does a Melee Archer needs that is so much more expensive to get ?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Var1 and Var2 are different but close templates.
Bushido Paladin and Melee Archer both need 10 SSI jewels, reforged weapon, post-imbue enhanced armor and expensive artifacts.

Melee Archer use melee weapon or ranged weapon that is more suitable for situation.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Var1 and Var2 are different but close templates.
Bushido Paladin and Melee Archer both need 10 SSI jewels, reforged weapon, post-imbue enhanced armor and expensive artifacts.

Melee Archer use melee weapon or ranged weapon that is more suitable for situation.
When you say 10 SSI jewels do you mean +10% on each of the jewel (i.e. total +20 SSI on both) or is that meant as a total +10 SSI in between the 2 jewels like +5 SSI on each of them ?

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have finally gotten around to working on my new suit... Been crafting a lot of pieces getting the +5 HCI with the starting resists I feel I am needing.. POF, imbue the properties Corwin has suggested, use my trusty forged metal tool with heartwood enhancing.. And nothing in the enhancement except the increase to resists.. :-(

This has happened on 5 pieces that I worked on.. Nothing... No DI, no DCI, no bonus 5 HCI, nothing... Does this seem normal? Am I just having another bad RnG run?

I hate to keep burning up my forged tools if I am doing something wrong.. Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks..

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Yes, it is pretty common. My record is 19 attempts to get HCI or DI.

You haven't get 5 DCI. There are few possible mods and only two of them useful - 10 DI and 5 HCI.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it is pretty common. My record is 19 attempts to get HCI or DI.

You haven't get 5 DCI. There are few possible mods and only two of them useful - 10 DI and 5 HCI.

When reforging a weapon, what is the complete list of modifiers that can randomly appear on the weapon ?

Is it the same for all weapons or does it depend whether they are swords, fencing or macing weapons ? Does it also depends on whether they are 2-handed or 1-handed ?

Of this complete list of applicable modifiers on weapons, I seem to understand that the ones most wanted to stay on the weapon (i.e. keepers...) are Hit Life Leech (HLL), Hit Mana Leech (HML), Damage Increase (DI), Hit Chance Increase (HCI) and the Slayer (total 5 modifiers).

Is that so ?

Is there a particular logic that HLL, HML, DI and HCI are wanted to be on the weapon rather than on other parts of the suit ? Perhaps on the weapon their CAP can be higher ? Or they cannot be had on other parts of the suit ?

Bottom line is, I am trying to understand what is the underlying logic that asks for a given modifier to be on a given piece of a suit rather than on another.....

If we consider that a complete suit is made out of 19 different equipment slots :

Apron, belt, bracelet, back, chest, sash, earrings, feet, gloves, head, left hand, right hand, legs, neck, ring, robe, shirt, sleeves, talisman

Why does HLL need to be 100% all on just the weapon, for example ? Why not spread out throughout the suit a little here and a little there ?

I am just trying to understand, I read posts of crafters suggesting to put this modifier on a given piece, reforge and imbue it up to a certain amount, but I am missing the "criteria", the "thinking", the "underlying logic" that is being used to decide which modifier to have on what piece and up to what amount.

That is, when designing the build-up of an entire suit, are there restrictions that one has to follow as in regards to what modifiers can be on what pieces ?

I would imagine, that any suit project would start with X number of wanted modifiers all Capped out or as much as possible so.

In the case of a dexer, say a Bushido Paladin, which are the modifiers that one should want other than all resistances around 70% or possibly 75% ?

Possibly, for example, all Capped out or as high as possible HLL, HML, DI, DCI, FC, FCR, HCI, HLA, HLD, HPR, HSL, MR, RFD, Slayer, SR, SSI, Damage eater ??

At that point, one looks at what artifacts are available for the Project, and finds out what is missing and makes up a plan on how and on what pieces to have those modifiers (or points missing of modifiers to reach out the CAPs or get as close as possible to them) be applied and in what capacity ?

But then, since some modifiers cannot be reforged/enhanced/imbued on certain pieces, like for example SSI in jewellery and YET, some jewellery pieces do spawn out there with SSI on them (but other examples could be made with other modifiers and other parts of equipment slots...) how does one go with a carefull and accurate planning of a complete suit that is as perfect as possible ?

For example, Swing Speed Increase is CAPPED on a suit at 60% (is really necessary to have it as high as 60% or can it be also lower for equivalent best results ?). Now, normally one should consider that on jewellery there can be no SSI because of the restristion.

YET, as we know, there can be out there ring and bracelet with up to 10% SSI on each of them so, totalling 20% between the 2 pieces.

This makes a whole world of difference because one thing is planning the design of an entire suit with 60% on all pieces BUT the jewellery which cannot have any, OR plan the building of a suit with 20% SSI on ring and bracelet and the remaining 40% SSI spread among the other equipment slots.

What I am trying to say, is that I am having hard time trying to actually "design" which modifiers needs to go on what piece and up to what amount.

How do crafters go with making such designs ? What is the underlying logic that is followed ?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy Headspin Batman.. ;)
When reforging a weapon, what is the complete list of modifiers that can randomly appear on the weapon ?
When Reforging any item, refer to the table given here: http://uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item-properties/runic-re-forging. It has it broken out for weapons, armor, and shields. Reforged weapons will get properties from the "All" and "Weapon" columns. This table is a staple for any Reforging activities.

Is it the same for all weapons or does it depend whether they are swords, fencing or macing weapons ? Does it also depends on whether they are 2-handed or 1-handed ?
Weapons are all considered equal, when Reforging. The skill, race and number of hands required to use it have no bearing on what properties it can get. In exception to this are the bow only properties Velocity and Balanced (you can Imbue Balanced on 2H weapons, I am unsure if it can be bestowed through Reforging).

Of this complete list of applicable modifiers on weapons, I seem to understand that the ones most wanted to stay on the weapon (i.e. keepers...) are Hit Life Leech (HLL), Hit Mana Leech (HML), Damage Increase (DI), Hit Chance Increase (HCI) and the Slayer (total 5 modifiers).

Is that so ?

Is there a particular logic that HLL, HML, DI and HCI are wanted to be on the weapon rather than on other parts of the suit ? Perhaps on the weapon their CAP can be higher ? Or they cannot be had on other parts of the suit ?

Bottom line is, I am trying to understand what is the underlying logic that asks for a given modifier to be on a given piece of a suit rather than on another.....
The leech properties (HML, HSL, & HLL) can only be reforged on weapons. It is that simple. The same applies to Damage Increase (DI) and Slayers.

If we consider that a complete suit is made out of 19 different equipment slots :

Apron, belt, bracelet, back, chest, sash, earrings, feet, gloves, head, left hand, right hand, legs, neck, ring, robe, shirt, sleeves, talisman

Why does HLL need to be 100% all on just the weapon, for example ? Why not spread out throughout the suit a little here and a little there ?
The higher HLL you have, the more hit points you will leech, thus helping you stay alive. You cannot spread out HLL (see above).

For example, Swing Speed Increase is CAPPED on a suit at 60% (is really necessary to have it as high as 60% or can it be also lower for equivalent best results ?). Now, normally one should consider that on jewellery there can be no SSI because of the restristion.

YET, as we know, there can be out there ring and bracelet with up to 10% SSI on each of them so, totalling 20% between the 2 pieces.

This makes a whole world of difference because one thing is planning the design of an entire suit with 60% on all pieces BUT the jewellery which cannot have any, OR plan the building of a suit with 20% SSI on ring and bracelet and the remaining 40% SSI spread among the other equipment slots.
Regarding Swing Speed Increase (SSI), you have to first understand that it is not about how much SSI you have, but how fast you swing your weapon. Having 60% SSI could easily be more than you need, thus wasting space on your suit. Your weapon swing speed (also called swing delay) is based on the following:
  • Base Weapon Speed (based on chosen weapon)
  • Your Stamina (every 30 stamina makes you 0.25s faster)
  • Your SSI (part of the swing delay formula, best to use a calculator, see links below)
The fastest (maximum) you can swing any weapon is 1.25 seconds. The closer you can get to that speed, the more damage you will deal over time. Here is some additional information and popular calculators/charts:
Since some attacks cause you to lose Stamina, you also have to consider how you maintain your weapon speed (usually a combination of potions, spells, and additional SSI for a buffer). This part really comes from practice. You have to get out and take some lumps. This is pure "player" skill.

I am just trying to understand, I read posts of crafters suggesting to put this modifier on a given piece, reforge and imbue it up to a certain amount, but I am missing the "criteria", the "thinking", the "underlying logic" that is being used to decide which modifier to have on what piece and up to what amount.

That is, when designing the build-up of an entire suit, are there restrictions that one has to follow as in regards to what modifiers can be on what pieces ?

I would imagine, that any suit project would start with X number of wanted modifiers all Capped out or as much as possible so.

In the case of a dexer, say a Bushido Paladin, which are the modifiers that one should want other than all resistances around 70% or possibly 75% ?

Possibly, for example, all Capped out or as high as possible HLL, HML, DI, DCI, FC, FCR, HCI, HLA, HLD, HPR, HSL, MR, RFD, Slayer, SR, SSI, Damage eater ??

At that point, one looks at what artifacts are available for the Project, and finds out what is missing and makes up a plan on how and on what pieces to have those modifiers (or points missing of modifiers to reach out the CAPs or get as close as possible to them) be applied and in what capacity ?

But then, since some modifiers cannot be reforged/enhanced/imbued on certain pieces, like for example SSI in jewellery and YET, some jewellery pieces do spawn out there with SSI on them (but other examples could be made with other modifiers and other parts of equipment slots...) how does one go with a carefull and accurate planning of a complete suit that is as perfect as possible ?

..... SSI See Above...

What I am trying to say, is that I am having hard time trying to actually "design" which modifiers needs to go on what piece and up to what amount.

How do crafters go with making such designs ? What is the underlying logic that is followed ?

Thanks a lot.
Their are two straightforward reasons for placing X Mod here and Y Mod there:
  1. Trying to squeeze the most out of the suit.
  2. Minimizing the number of pieces needed to "redo" to go hunt some other big nasty.
There is no single right way to build a suit. You don't need to have everything on one suit. You don't need to have "The One Suit to Rule Them ALL". You can build monster specific suits if you want to (e.g. to fight Unbund Energy Vorticies). Long before SA, I built a suit simply to hunt Wyverns for their Horned leather as fast as I could.

I suggest you try to mimic one of the suits detailed in the Warrior or Craftsman forums. This will accomplish two essential things:
  1. Give you a great, useable suit.
  2. Guide you through the suit making process and help you understand it (get your feet wet).
Suit building is really the "deep end" of the crafting pool. You need to learn to swim first. There is no shame to be had in that.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The leech properties (HML, HSL, & HLL) can only be reforged on weapons. It is that simple. The same applies to Damage Increase (DI) and Slayers.
Thanks a lot for the explaination.
Alright, so there are restrictions and not all modifiers can be had on all pieces.

But, and I will take Damage Increase (DI) as an example, it looks like this particular modifier can only be had on the weapon and on rings and bracelet. The total CAP for the suit is 100% split with a CAP of 50% on the weapon and 25% each for a ring and bracelet (50% + 25% + 25% = 100%).

Now, if that is the case, WHY ON EARTH we have in the game a Whetstone of Enervation to actually remove the Damage Increase property on a weapon, althougether, so as to make room for another property ? Removing it, would only leave it possible to have it on a ring and on a bracelet for a total max of 50% (25% + 25%) which is only half the 100% total CAP that a suit can have.

I honestly cannot understand it.... I would imagine that, Damage Increase would be crucial in a suit because the more damage one does, the more life and mana one can leech back....
Yet, we have add an actual new item that has been created to actually remove the DI property from a weapon where it can have the highest CAP possible of 50% as compared to jewellery which can only go as high as 25% ?

And this, where, as you say, NO other piece on the suit can have the DI property....

I made the example of DI, but there is other properties which one could pick as an example. I am having a hard time to understand the underlying logic in selecting properties and modifiers and trying to find some logical thinking in the process that one should follow when putting together a good suit.

Thanks a lot again !!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a few artifacts that can be used to get 100 DI. I have 25 per jewel, 20 on primer talisman then 30 on my weapon.

You can also get up to 10 DI on woodland armor by enchanting with heartwood.

So if I were to use woodland for example I'd need 3 parts with 10 DI then I could totally remove the DI from my weapon. This frees up a slot for another mod.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, if that is the case, WHY ON EARTH we have in the game a Whetstone of Enervation to actually remove the Damage Increase property on a weapon, althougether, so as to make room for another property ? Removing it, would only leave it possible to have it on a ring and on a bracelet for a total max of 50% (25% + 25%) which is only half the 100% total CAP that a suit can have.

I honestly cannot understand it.... I would imagine that, Damage Increase would be crucial in a suit because the more damage one does, the more life and mana one can leech back....
Damage Increase is not useful to everyone.

The Whetstone is used to remove DI from the weapon. This tool allows the player to remove the DI, in order to reclaim the 1 Imbuing Property Slot (remember you can only Imbue 5 properties, the inherent DI for an exceptional weapon counts as 1) and the Imbuing Weight used by the DI (DI uses 1 point per 1 DI%, so an exceptional weapon will have 35 of its points already claimed). Prior to the Whetstone, you could Imbue the DI down to 1% to free up room, but it would still occupy 1 of the 5 possible properties.

Consider a character who does not use a weapon as their primary damage source, such as a Bard, Mage, or Tamer. Removal of the DI allows them to further customize a weapon for what ever they may need (defense, additional regen support, luck, etc...).
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/imbuing/imbuing-ingredients-table

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having a hard time to understand the underlying logic in selecting properties and modifiers and trying to find some logical thinking in the process that one should follow when putting together a good suit.
Consider the attached Tangram of a House. The goal is to place all the colored pieces into the gray house shape, without any piece overlapping.
Q). Where do you start?
A). With any piece you want.

Tangram House.png

One persons logic may not make sense to anyone else, as to how they started, but the end result is the same (puzzle solved). Suit building is a mathematical puzzle. The actual math involved is simple addition. However, like a puzzle, it has many pieces and keeping them all straightforward is the real challenge.

There are several posts that detail really outstanding suit builds (the end result). I strongly suggest you follow their recipe as to how to build their suit. It will guide you through the process. From there, you will discover your own logical flow as to how to solve the same puzzle. If you are concerned with wasting resources, you can always use Character Copy on Test Center as a trial run. The main goal of any suit build is to do it efficiently (minimize wasted imbuing slots).

Most suit builders use a detailed spreadsheet (or similar tool) to calculate the various properties. @Zolaf created one for MSExcel here: http://stratics.com/community/threads/new-imbuing-calculator.229839/. It looks very good. I have just begun to use it. If you have trouble getting it to download, make sure your pop-up filter is not the problem (my Firefox tried to catch it, but I just told it to Save As and it had no problem). Take one of the suits detailed in either the Craftsman or Warrior Forum and input the data into the spreadsheet. That should reveal more of how it was done.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The most valuable slots are weapon slots, the less valuable slots are armor slots. So try to avoid imbuing on jewel mods that you can get on armor and try to avoid imbuing on a weapon mods that you can get on jewels/armor.

You can imbue 50 DI on a weapon and only 25 DI on a jewel. So it usually a good idea to get DI on a weapon. But removing DI from weapon to get 5 weapon-specific mods is also a good idea. It depends on your final aim.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran

It's pretty easy. Just craft a 5-10 various suits and you must get the main idea.

It is difficult to explain how to cook a cake to a person who have never tried cooking. Even when you have a recipe you rarely cook it well from the first attempt. In addition my favorite cake probably is not the same as your favorite cake.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most suit builders use a detailed spreadsheet (or similar tool) to calculate the various properties. @Zolaf created one for MSExcel here: http://stratics.com/community/threads/new-imbuing-calculator.229839/. It looks very good. I have just begun to use it. If you have trouble getting it to download, make sure your pop-up filter is not the problem (my Firefox tried to catch it, but I just told it to Save As and it had no problem). Take one of the suits detailed in either the Craftsman or Warrior Forum and input the data into the spreadsheet. That should reveal more of how it was done.
I tried, but unfortunately neither the link works for me, nor I have been able to "save as" as you mention (no file gets downloaded...), I tried both with Firefox and Explorer and the situation was the same, no working link and no download.

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to get the file just today. I also use Firefox. Right-click the link and Save Link As and the popup window to save the file should come up. It doesn't come up for you popps?

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried, but unfortunately neither the link works for me, nor I have been able to "save as" as you mention (no file gets downloaded...), I tried both with Firefox and Explorer and the situation was the same, no working link and no download.
You are more than welcome to email me at [email protected] to request the file if you are still having issues :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to get the file just today. I also use Firefox. Right-click the link and Save Link As and the popup window to save the file should come up. It doesn't come up for you popps?
Did not work. tried 3 different browsers, Firefox, Explorer and Chrome and none works neither by clicking the link nor trying to save as as you indicate. I am trying to understand why to you it works while it does not to me.
could it be a difference in settings ? Then what settings allow the link to work and what settings don't ?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Also, DI can be easily imbued onto a shield - I made one with 35% DI, and 10% SSI on TC the other day. Plus Divine Furt gives a DI bonus (20% I think). As does Honor (self) (25%), as does the Beast Form necro spell (25% I think). Plus, shame loot rings and bracelets give DI up to 35% (30% for sure).

So, if I have 30% DI on my shield (My goal: 30Di, 10SSI, 5HCI. Its possible with an agapite hammer, then imbue to 15% DCI), 20% from my talisman, then I can either put 30% on my sword (since I use Divine Fury I've got 120 chiv), and free up both ring slots so I can put other stuff on my jewels (I am in the process of re-working my suit, but right now I have 70 skills on my jewels).

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I am not a sampire - I have 0 bushido.

I haven't but much thought into it, really, but I'm sure the case could be made for even a sampire wearing a shield in some scenarios.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always thought a shield on a sampire was a big no no?
A Samurai at 100.0 Bushido and 100.0 Parrying will have a 5.0% chance to block with a shield. A Samurai can achieve 5.0% chance to block with a shield by having 100.0 Bushido and 0.0 Parrying. Using a shield ignores the 1H weapon block chance (which at 100.0 Bushido and 100.0 Parrying is 25.0%).

Only equip a shield with a Samurai if you like getting hit.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I've been pondering what I would do if I didn't have DI on my sword. I think I would put 30(or more) HLD on my sword, and wear crafted headgear. You could easily reforge the 10 str on there (I think), and my take is that it's STAM that matters, not DEX, so you could then imbue +stam on there... and you'll still have 2 more imbue slots (I am assuming that you need to imbue phys on there...)

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since stam is directly related to dex, it doesnt matter which you have + in. It is a direct relationship unlike strength if my understanding is correct.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always thought a shield on a sampire was a big no no?
That really depends on what you are fighting. And honestly, there is maybe one or two fights where parry is that important. Soul Charge, damage eaters, and other abilities can be as much, if not more useful than parrying at 35%+.

I tend to flip flop on using a shield or not- the less I am hit, the less I have to repair my damned expensive armor.