• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Sampire Suit Help - Lake Superior

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Whats up everyone, long time player here, first time poster!
Been reading forums for months now checking out all the posts on the suits and different ideas on how they are being put together.

Well I just came back to the game after a decent absence and made myself a Sampire, Hes basically finished just need a last few points in bush and he'll be all done. Template is as follows:

Character - Male Elf
stats 125 str 125 stam 10 int (ate a +25 and the +5 for total 260)
120 Bush (will be soon)
120 Fencing
120 Tactics
110 Resists/Anat
100 Necro
85 Chiv
65 Parry

Now what im looking for is since I just came back, the whole imbuing process is new to me and I don't have an imbuer, its on my todo list but as of yet I don't have him.
I have had a suit or 2 made so far but its by some folks that don't have or aren't as knowledgeable in the area of sampires so they don't know exactly what it is they need.

What I am hoping to find is someone on LS shard that is an expert in the suits and know exactly what is needed to make a great suit for everyday play. Ive been asking around in chat and everyone keeps telling me good luck :p but I know there has to be someone out there and hopefully they read this post :)

Gold really isn't the issue, I am ready and willing to spend some gold for the right person to take care of me and make a nice suit.
And should I wait for Pub 81 to hit to even start with the suit? my thing is no one really knows whats going to come of it or when its going to hit...

Thanks!

Devil Hanzo of Lake Superior

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hi DH and welcome back to the game. So you asked the million dollar question... Is it worth building a suit before pub 81?

Here are my thoughts. I would build a suit in your case, but don't go all out in terms of spending gold. I would acquire the standard Arties that will still likely be used post pub 81. These include the Mace and Shield Glasses, Crimson Cincture, Primer on Arms Talisman (or Conjurer's Trinket), Corgul Sash, Quiver of Infinity, etc. Look at the threads in this forum with suit examples. I will try to post links when I get home later. You will need to link up with a crafter on LS for base exceptional items and to imbue your completed suit. I would not go all out for special imbuing materials for max properties and I would only use POF for around 100 durability for your initial per pub 81 suit. Then we can evaluate the publish and devise a more permanent suit plan.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the reply Obsidian,

Yeah that's a great idea building a smaller less expensive suit...I have one right now that's not too bad but I know its just not right for the character.
As far as the arty's go I basically have everything:

Mace and Shields
CC and Tangle
Primer and Mana Orb
Despicable Quiver
Shroud of the Condemned
Leggings of Bane

Just grabbed some of the stuff I seen throughout the posts on what people are using for their suits so ill be ready.

Just sucks not knowing when this damn Pub is going to go live...and whats actually going to be included.

Hopefully someone from LS that is well versed in the Template and building armor is going to come cross this posting and will be able to help me with the suit :)

~Devil Hanzo

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok sounds like you've already got the essential arties. The only one there that I would not use is the Leggings of Bane just because there are better ways for HCI especially now with reforging.

In the interim you can get scrolled all of the way to 120 for skills and 260 for stats.

Now this is the warrior forum but you may want to use this opportunity to start a crafter. Second only to my warrior himself, there is no better support char for a warrior and it gives you an avenue to continually adapt to future changes in suit properties or game mechanics.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
alright I am already scrolled up to 260 for stats and currently

125 - 125 - 10
and have all the 120s for fencing tactics and bush :)

Someone suggested the leggings of bane just because they are cheap and the hci, that's what im using currently until I figure out the armor.

I have a crafter, my mule is legendary in everything (tailor, smith, 100 tink and fletching) but I was away when imbuing came out and just haven't started it yet, I need to knuckle down and get it done that's for sure..just had a bunch of old school temps, and getting with the times so I created the samp, now have a 120 whammy thrower as well :)

thanks again

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since pub 81 has been announced, I've just started using the new loot. I don't want to make pieces, really don't care if I lose those and sure there might be a wrong mod or two, but I get everything I want and more (pretty much hit all 70s on 3 or 4 pieces). Plus, I want to play the characters, so... might as well make use of it--- I have enough relic fragments atm,

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a crafter and I play a sampire on LS. Gimme a shout on ICQ and we can talk! 2093532. Welcome back!

Also a few things to consider, a gender change token to go female, and a pair of human Prismatic Lenses. Female chars can kill Semidar which drops the best arties. Make sampire a cannot kill her unless u change to wraith form. Prismatic Lenses open up a lot of template room for max DI on your suit so u can use whetstones on weps for an added property like HLD or HLA (along with usual slayer, area, Stam, mana). Many possibilities and is half the fun coming up with new suit / wep combos. I'm not really looking forward to pub81 but we shall see.

Last edited:

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
well thank you all for your replies...I actually buckled down the last couple days and actually started/finished my imbuer :D
took about 20 total hours and made it to 120, that way I can learn and figure out instead of relying on everyone else to do it for me.

Arcades...What char you play on LS? shard is so small now we probably know or have at least seen each other :)

Ill take a look at those glasses too, I thought about the gender change, but I already had the male so that's why I went with him, but its something to consider.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make a female character, get some scrolls and soul stone the skills over.

I have 5 different sampires now.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Make a female character, get some scrolls and soul stone the skills over.

I have 5 different sampires now.
NuSair,

I have spent quite a bit of time reading a lot of posts by you and the different suits you build. I don't think im going to wait for pub 81 to come out to invest in a suit or at least something I can make as a good learning curve to know what im going to be doing in the future.

What setup are you currently using? are you still using the plate or are you back to woodland armor. I know a lot of the posts are from last year and things can change from month to month.

If its Plate...doesn't that seem like it would be the best going forward with the changes being made? So wouldn't that kinda beat the curve on what changes are supposed to be happening.
And I actually respect what you have done and the suits you have built. So any direction you can toss my way or shed some light would be great.
I can list all the arties im planning on using (I think most are in my above post) And I don't have an issue spending the time nor the gold to make it happen.
This would be the first suit ive actually completed by myself so any and all help will be appreciated :)

Just need to get an idea of what I should plan on having on hand. how many ignots, runics, ignots for enhancing...forge metal tools etc.

Look forward to your reply and hopefully you can help me out a bit :)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate that! :)

Currently, I am running both to be honest. I didn't see a reason to stop using my woodland suit. I say that I have 5 sampires, but really, only 4 are 'mine', the 5th is my wifes.

I have 2 suits of wood and 3 in plate.

Only 1 of those suits has been made since reforging came out and that was a woodland suit.

In terms of resources, it really depends on what path you want to take. There have been a few times I've greatly under estimated the number of ingots/wood/ect that I'd need and others I over estimated.

The best advice I could offer right now is that you need to decide what materials you want to make it out of and what path (make/imbue/enhance - make/reforge/imbue/enhance, ect) that you want to go.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No problem man :) I have checked out a lot of your posts and seems like you really take the time to make the suits the right way and obviously knows what works.

what I'm honestly thinking of doing right now is trying the plate suit first. I have a ton of ingots at my house with pretty much all the runics. I have around 10k in each wood too, but I just don't know since this is my "first solo suit" if I'm ready for everything that comes with the wood armor (that or I'm just reading to far into it and they are both the same). That just might wait til after the pub hits and we see what happens to it.

I'm going to go back through and read your plate post again, there isn't any current one I should look for is there?

Either way I want to do it the best possible way, so if it takes me getting the forge tools to enhance afterwards ill do that, like I said the time or the gold doesn't matter, I just want to do it right (willing to spend what it takes 150-200 mil if needed) mainly because I know I can make that back pretty quick with samp. Main goal is to have 2 suits of different material, and I see that plate and wood would be the way to go.

just never done it before, seeing that im a totally noob when it comes to imbuing...I just finished the skill after 20 hours of power training and just started messing with weapons and such...never had to use a spreadsheet to build armor (old school here :p) so learning the weights, and how many properties, etc is all new

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I haven't done a current one. With my suits set, I didn't see much of a reason to make a plate reforged suit. My suits were pretty much all maxed out in everything and all that work to add... what? I made quite a few weapons.

Right now, the clincher for using plate over wood is that with plate my blacksmith can have a 180 skill when repairing the suit. For woodland armor, the best you can be 100 and maybe that woodland table helps. It really hurts early on in the wood suits life when you fail to repair. There have been times I have failed 5-6 times to repair. Going from like 245 to 239 in failing repairs drastically reduces the life of your armor.

This is how I plan a suit. First, I decide what materials/method I am going to use. If I am going woodland, I start stocking up on heartwood, runic saws (at least 30), basic wood and bark fragments. (off topic- that is what kills me that people don't understand about the wood armor. It takes barg fragments AND you cannot recycle it.... it SHOULD be better than plate/leather). For plate I load up on verite, iron ingots-- I haven't done reforging on plate armor much so I'd guess dull copper or shadow runics. At this point, you really need to decide if you are going the enhancement route. It's expensive but worth it.

Next I decide what artifacts I am going to use. If money is no option and you are using plate, I'd suggest Gladiator's Collar and Slither.

Then it's time to build up on resources. Relic Fragments, Essences ect. Map out what you are going to have on your suit. Look up what ingredients you are going to need and go farm or buy them.

After that, I start making pieces. I usually make hundreds or thousands of pieces looking for the specific ones that I want. Generally I look for 0 or 1 point put into Physical/Fire. This is under the assumption you are running with Mace and Shield glasses. With their high starting physical, you really don't need much more than the minimum to hit 70 physical resist.

If you are going the enhancing route, it's cost effective to get the forged metal of artifacts. If going woodland enhancing with heartwood (just a note- bloodwood is pretty good too)- expect to make 5 or 6 or more pieces per slot (example- 5 or 6 chest pieces) before getting the HCI/DI you want. When I make a woodland suit, honestly, I'd leave my build open so that if I get either one, it will work. It can drastically alter a suit if you get all DI or all HCI. You sell off the pieces that fail for whatever you can get to help recover some of the cost. Or you can save for a lesser suit. I've done both.

Depending on how you build, including artifacts you are looking at spending anywhere from 50mil to 200 mil or more.

Which is why I tend to build more plate suits. Because it's more cost effective and the woodland suit are really just a only marginally better. But, even now knowing that, I'd still make one top high end suit just to say I have it and have done it.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For the suits I am going to use for a long while, I always enhance using the Forged Metal of Artifacts tool. It is well worth the $10 it costs to purchase it at the EA Store on Origin.

I decided to try a sampire with 120 Chivalry so I'm training him up now on Origin so I can test suits when Pub 81 first hits. I'm working a temp suit at the moment just to get my guy trained and then I will collect the required imbuing special ingredients to go all out. I just finished a shard transfer to bring a pair of Mace & Shield Glasses over to Origin along with a Primer on Arms, Shroud of the Condemned and a Corgul Sash. I'll wrestle a Tangle from Navrey soon after training is complete and then head after Abyss mini-champs and peerless. This has been a fun little project in prep for Pub 81.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Perfect thank you that helps a ton!

Alright so lets start planning this out.

Arties I already have:

Primer on Arms/Mana Phasing Orb
Crimson Cincture/ Tangle
Mace and Sheilds
Despicable Quiver (physical I think)/Quiver of Infinity
Shroud of the Condemned
Fire resist boots (from turn in)

Been looking for Jackals Collar, only cursed for sale on shard, but ill find one....and I don't know if ill come across a slither, cheapest ive seen is 175mil so that might wait :)
and I will buy the forged tool of artifacts as well

Im definitely going to go the plate route with the enhancing
Currently I have around 60k iron ingots and can get more pretty readily (how many verite do you think ill need? 1, 2, 10k? and will I need any special hammer for the enhancement? does ancient help or does it not matter with the forged tool)
Around 20k enhanced essence and magical residue
enough relic frags and about 15k in each jewel
Only thing ill need to farm/buy will be the different essences depending on what I need to add and how high the intensity

Do you have a sample spreadsheet you can upload? just something I can start to place all my arties in there and start figuring it out...I will start burning off pieces tonight and set up some crates to house them all so I can go through them.

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you planning on making this suit corpse proof? (actually with them messing around with overcapping DCI, wouldn't surprise me if they removed overcapping resist too)

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Are you planning on making this suit corpse proof? (actually with them messing around with overcapping DCI, wouldn't surprise me if they removed overcapping resist too)
yeah that is scary...but yes I would like to be corpse proof...that would mean id need what 70/100/70/85/75 as my resists? to count for vamp form and being corpse, because you lose what 15 to fire and poison...

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep.

Since you know you want plate and know you want corpse proof, I'd go ahead and start making pieces. Plate is currently 5/3/2/3/2. So, you want pieces like 6/4/x/x/x where the 6 and 4 are that number or less. That is pretty rare and some people are happy with like 7/5/x/x/x. Which ever, you are trying to maximize the points going into cold/poison/energy. Pieces like 6/4/x/4/x are priceless. I have a handful of those.

Starting with Mace and Shields, you are already looking at 25 physical defense. So, you need 45 (70-25) resist from the other 5 slots. With plate having a base of 5, that's 25 more leaving 20. If you are enhancing with Verite, that's 15 more. So, at the absolute minimum are are sitting at 65 physical resist. So, a piece here or there with 6 (or 7) is ok. Since Valorite doesn't add to fire resist and Verite is just better than agapite, you should be using Verite.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
We don't want to a scare you though. Removing resist overlapping is possible, but that has not been announced.

One thing I do is run my non-resisting spells sampires in protection. You have to build an additional +15 physical resist into the suit but I like the certainly of any spell being cast. Of course this would defeat any FC, but I don't use FC on my sampires.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We don't want to a scare you though. Removing resist overlapping is possible, but that has not been announced.
No, it hasn't been announced. But, having effects ignore the overcapped DCI wasn't announced at first. And if they are going to ignore it there, then why not for resist. It's something to keep in mind.

One thing I do is run my non-resisting spells sampires in protection. You have to build an additional +15 physical resist into the suit but I like the certainly of any spell being cast. Of course this would defeat any FC, but I don't use FC on my sampires.
I don't run FC either, then again, the only spells I ever cast on my sampires are Chiv spells that only get interrupted when I get mana vamped. I use Protection on my wraith thrower and used to run it on my wraith melee character.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
yeah I never cast any spells besides chiv spells either...besides if I die and have to recast Vamp form so that's not an issue with me either.
currently ive been running the 110 resist setup mainly and have the anat stoned at the moment. seems to do pretty well vs most casters I face

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yep.
Plate is currently 5/3/2/3/2. So, you want pieces like 6/4/x/x/x where the 6 and 4 are that number or less. That is pretty rare and some people are happy with like 7/5/x/x/x. Which ever, you are trying to maximize the points going into cold/poison/energy. Pieces like 6/4/x/4/x are priceless. I have a handful of those.
alright I will start crafting some tonight, going to throw out some feelers and ask around for the gladiators collar as well.
Now im just crafting out of plain iron ingots right? with a regular old hammer nothing special, then worry about the enhance at the end with verite, just factor in the resists it gives when building or putting pieces together?

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, craft out of iron ingots. Then you can enhance last with a colored ore.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, with my wife heading to Florida for Mega Con tomorrow, I've been toying with the idea of trying making a sampire suit that would allow me to put like 78-90 skill points on jewelry.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, it's just like Obsidian said- start crafting out of iron. I'll put up an example of my spread sheet tomorrow. Honestly, I just recreate it each time I make a suit.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ok so I started burning off some pieces, started with arms first and burnt off about 450 arms...went through them all and I can see what you mean by you make hundreds or thousands :)

but before I continue, gathering what I see from your other post, I should be looking for at minimum 6/4/x/x/x or 6/4/x/4/x
well going through my pieces these are the best 3 that I see right now, just want to make sure im heading on the right track and if I should stop with these 3 and move on to the next piece.

1st set - 6/3/5/7/9
2nd set - 6/4/9/8/8
3rd set - 6/4/7/7/11

edit* - oh and if this is what im looking for resist wise, is this what I want on every piece? or close to it for the gloves, legs and chest
still looking for gladiators collar, doesn't seem anyone is selling at the moment, and I did pick up Corguls Sash

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That first set is awesome. You'll probably end up imbuing Fire and Cold on that piece, so you will only be losing 3 points of Arms Lore bonus.

Yes, that is every piece.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
alright perfect! thank you, I know what ill be doing today...trying to get the other pieces taken care of while I look for the gladiators collar :)

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Starting with Mace and Shields, you are already looking at 25 physical defense. So, you need 45 (70-25) resist from the other 5 slots. With plate having a base of 5, that's 25 more leaving 20. If you are enhancing with Verite, that's 15 more. So, at the absolute minimum are are sitting at 65 physical resist. So, a piece here or there with 6 (or 7) is ok. Since Valorite doesn't add to fire resist and Verite is just better than agapite, you should be using Verite.
I just wanted to highlight this post for it's importance. I started making base pieces for a post-pub81 suit and didn't realize how much excep and arms lore bonus would have been lost when it fell in phys.
m&s - 25 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 10
basex5 - 25 - 15 - 10 - 15 - 10
verite5 - 15 - 15 - 10 - 15 - 5
----------------------------------
65 - 40 - 30 - 40 - 25

The key here is that unless you want to run in protection, you don't need much more phys. The perfect pieces for you are 6-3-x-x-x.

Last edited:

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
hehe im trying...been going at it all morning, and so far the only 6/3/x/x/x piece was the one from last night I made in the arms.

got some good 6/4/x/x/x pieces for gloves and working on legs now, but not so lucky so far on them, not one usable piece yet.
if I get a 6/3/x/x/x piece to pop on legs and if I can get lucky on tunic ill go back through and remake the gloves till I get that as well

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ok so lets see if this is right before I go off and PoF the pieces and start my imbue:

Typed everything in spreadsheet and this is what I got so far, now this is including the gladiators collar specs and the mace and shields (also accounting for the enhancement at the end for verite)

final stats on the suit (no jewels, weapon, shroud, orb or CC) as it sits would be:
81 Phys
100 Fire
70 Cold
75 Poison (+10 for total 85 with despicable quiver)
75 Energy
with 24 total mana increase, 32 total stamina increase, 5HPI and 32 LMC
suit was 69/88/62/63/71 before putting the enhancement numbers for verite

looking forward to the replys and critiques :)

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's looking pretty good so far. Realize the following is nitpicking critiques.

Only 88 for fire?

When doing corpse proof sampire armor, I put 4 of the imbued pieces of armor at 18 Fire resist (why you start at 3 if you can), and then when you enhance with Verite that takes you up to 21 per piece. That's 21x4 = 84 and with the Gladiator's Collar 18, that makes 102. Meaning the last piece of a minimum of 6 (3 base + 3 verite) takes you to 108.

You want 25 HPI in the suit total. And 40 LMC. I'd argue that 40 LMC is more important than the 25 HPI. Your HPI is off, because the Gladiator's Collar has 10 HPI.

From this thread: http://stratics.com/community/threads/sampire-in-plate-2.253546/

Can you post your base pieces?

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
yes I can type out the base pieces for you no problem :)
I just thought for corpse proof it only needed 100 fire so I was only basing 15 imbue points per piece instead of 18 which after enhancement would take it to 100 on the dot and the boots +2 fire so 102 total fire, I still have some room to up it
and yes that was my mistake I didn't account for the hpi increase on the gladiators collar so with the CC and shroud and adding 5 in on the suit it would be 10+10+3+5 so total of 28 HPI, I basically tried to copy your exact suit from your post and the pictures I see above :)

but here are the pieces:
Tunic: 7/4/4/8/12
Arms: 6/3/5/7/9
Legs: 7/3/9/9/7
Gloves: 6/4/8/5/12

I burnt through almost 65k ignots and I wasn't able to get a 6/3/x/x/x piece on the tunic or legs...so I thought I would type this in sheet and see how it worked out. Please all nitpicks and critiques are more than welcome, I haven't PoF'd the suit or imbued yet so its still just numbers at this point :)

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vampiric Embrace is -25 to fire. Corpse Proof is -15. That's -40, need to get to 110 for corpse proof in VE form.

I was forgetting the M&S glasses in my earlier numbers. That's 4x21= 84, 18 for the Gladiator's Collar and 10 for the M&S, which makes the total 112. You can imbue 1 to 16 or 2 to 17 if you needed a little room on a piece.

Yeah, I don't have a robe, mostly because the suit's #1 priority was looks (ie- full plate)- not to be another character in a robe.

Sticking 8 LMC (or two 4's) on jewelry, you'll hit 40 LMC (again depending on what totem you decide to go with).

The night sight in the pictures above is because the guy I was making this suit for was a human male. In general, all my sampires are elf. Other than some role play or preference choice, Elves as just better.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Alright perfect...well what im going to do tonight is get everything down and calculated including all the arties and clothing im planning on wearing and seeing where i sit and see if works out to where i should go ahead and PoF and imbue all the peices then enhance :)

I get your point on the cloak, i really dont need it either and after the work is done it might look best with it off, but ill see how this all adds up.

The only thing i wont have figured is jewels, still gotta figure out what im going to put on those as well, im sure ill have to fill in some lmc and put the rest to DI and DCI? since there is none built in the suit :confused:

ill see if i can load it into a spreadsheet and get it on here so you can see it all typed out, wont be till later tonight, so if you dont see it til morning thats cool, and again i appreciate everything you have done so far walking me through this :) and as you can see the thread has gotten a ton of views so im sure we are helping a lot more out there as well :)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am thinking about running a build on test that runs minimal DCI and uses 120 parry (I currently have a 120 parry sampire that runs 0 chiv) and has a ton of skill points on jewelry. Could be interesting with the changes coming up- reduce DCI to pump resist since I won't be running DCI anyway, so really high resist and 120 parry.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
suit1.png Alright here we go, hopefully this uploads right, basically took a page right out of your spreadsheet NuSair :)
Keep in mind this has no Weapon, Ring or Bracelet (im sure ill add in the rest of my LMC, HCI, DCI and probably some DI until I get my hands on a turquoise ring)

Let me know what you think! it kinda breaks it down better seeing it this way I think too :)

Last edited:

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I haven't PoF'd the suit yet or imbued and obviously the enhancement isn't done, waiting on the ok from you or any critiques you have on what I should change :)
so please be honest and let me know!! but all in all im pretty proud in how it came out so far :)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just glancing it looks pretty good. But I am a little busy atm.

I'll give it a good look over in a bit.

A quick point- I'd consider a different robe. You are at the 25 HPI cap and not sure the 5 int points are worth that slot when there are other robes that might be better suited for it.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
yeah I like your idea of no robe to be honest, but its just something I had laying around that helped with my other suit...honestly it probably wont be used in this build because ill be at 25 hpi, ill look around to see if there are any I like but just might roll with armor...not many people do that anymore :)

but yeah let me know what you think when you get a good chance to look it over...still need to do the jewels as well :)
if anything should be moved around and whatnot

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The latest Pub-81 on test center notes indicate resist bonuses for special materials are changing. Verite goes from 3-3-2-3-1 to 4-4-3-4-1

I'm not going to craft/imbue/enhance any suits until it's finalized just in case that changes (again).

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The latest Pub-81 on test center notes indicate resist bonuses for special materials are changing. Verite goes from 3-3-2-3-1 to 4-4-3-4-1

I'm not going to craft/imbue/enhance any suits until it's finalized just in case that changes (again).
yeah I seen that, it wont hurt this suit I don't think seeing they are all just bumped by 1 minus energy, and im honestly making this suit for the interim, its my first solo suit ive done with obvious help from NuSair :p
but my eventual goal will be to do a woodland suit and I will wait til post pub-81 for that attempt

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like you might be able to move some of the numbers around on the resist and maybe open up a slot or two for another mod.

For jewelry you are wanting 25 DI / 15 HCI / 15 DCI , LMC on one... maybe SSI and mods or skills.

Overall, looking pretty good.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
suits done! just need to finish up the jewels later today :) thank you so much for your help!!! I have a decent understanding of armor now after being able to tool around with this one a bit.

After pub 81 hits and the dust settles you can be sure ill seek you out and finally do a woodland suit when I have a little more under my belt and a greater understanding and hopefully we all know what changes took place and how its going to affect everything.

But the suit looks great! and im very happy with the way it turned out. I am going to work on getting screenshots done today and paste them all up and post on here for all to see as well as my final stats without pots :)

Now to start working on weapons :( as soon as I can get my hands on some copper runics

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With Chiv you don't have to have copper runics. It helps, but you can use Consecrate Weapon.

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ill have to go back through and read your posts but I thought the copper runics with reforging help with the highest property intensities on weapons, ie for stam leech or if I want a elemental damage.

right now im not running any ssi on the suit, still figuring out how I can get my hands on a rangers cloak and turquois ring with ssi and if I can get lucky enough to get a clean bracelet with ssi on it from shame :) so still working on that part, that's why I haven't made the jewels yet, because I actually have a set that has dci, hci and di on both ring and bracelet, just missing that 2 I need in LMC right now.

I want to try and not use pots, currently im at 183 stam with no pots, and fought a little last night, and stam loss wasn't bad, but I want to keep max ssi up even if stam drops before a leech :)

seen some of the posts you had with the weaps you run and I liked how they turned out...sorry I feel like a troll stealing all your ideas :rolleyes: but I actually enjoy how you seem to play the char

Also working out the numbers on my skills to, working to see how/what I can work around to see about getting parry up to 120 and still run close to 100 resist with minimal chiv loss

Right now im thinking this:
120 Bush
120 Fencing
120 Tactics
120 Parry
100 Necro
80 Chiv
60 resist +30 on jewels = 90 total

don't know if I should drop chiv down another 10 or not to get resists to 100, I know If I can just constantly make slayer weap types and get the right mods on the weaps I wont need any of the chiv spells except to get around really :) so that's what im aiming for at the moment...but again weapons are another subject lol....god I hate being a nuby crafter when it comes to the reforging and imbuing :facepalm:

so if you wanna chime in :D:D:D

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depending on what you are fighting, I'd set it up so you can swap out resist and anatomy. There are some fights where you can't do enough damage to leech enough without anatomy.

My fencer Sampire at the moment runs without Chivalry and is 120 in all his skills with 21 focus tossed in just because (120 fencing, tactics, anatomy, Bushido, parry, 99 necro, 21 focus).

I carry a set of jewelry with 18 LRC / + 11 necro / + 13 med / +13 focus (might have MR on one, can't remember) to help recover after I die. Really helps casting VE- I hate fizzling.

Also, if you are going fencing and using a leaf blade, you don't need that much SSI unless your stamina is going to be low. Like a 150 stamina and 10 SSI get you to 1.25 swing, iirc. Or like a 35 SSI and 100 stamina.

I want to toss this in about resist. It will help with irritating low creatures like imps and crap like that, but you need at least GM for the mid level stuff, imo. The higher stuff.... even at 120, there are times I feel like it is useless. But, that's more of a play style choice.