Sampire Suit build (Help)

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sempiress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Ok I know this has been gone over time and again, however what I see is a lot of helpful information but it's scattered everywhere. I am trying to build a "Death Defiant" Samp suit. I have tried many so far and spend a truckload of gold and still do not have a decent suit. Can anyone tell me where to start for someone who has not played in years and really just needs the dumbed down version. Questions I have and Items I already have:

I have legendary Gargoyle Smith/Imbuer.
I have excel and know at least how to use it well enough to get me by.
I have artifacts Re-forging tool.
I have all imbuing mats.

I have Mace and Shield Glasses
I have Crimson Cincture
I have Corgul's Sash

I want plate armor.
What metal do I start with Iron?
What numbers am I looking for with resists once I make the starting pieces before adding anything to it?
When do I used POF
When and with what material do I enhance.
I am a macing Sampire. ( I have always like beating things to smithers).
Anyone make a nice black staff with great stats for Sampire and can you share the steps please.

My Skills are: No debates on this please. I just need help with armor making.
Parry 120
Mace Fighting 120
Necromancy 100
Resist 100
Chivalry 60
Bushido 120
Tactics 100

Stats With nothing on at all. (No armor, nothing) Human Female
Strength 116
Stamina 76
Mana 33

I tried to make this as clear as possible. If I missed something please tell me and I can edit. Thank you in advance.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
Start with iron, yeah. Try to make each piece with one resist as low as possible to the minimum value.

-Craft base pieces until you get a spread of resists you want
-Reforge if wanted
-Powder to max
-Imbue
-Enhance (with forged metal tool, especially if you imbued a resist to the cap, unless you don't mind starting all over if it breaks). Material depends on what resists you need.

Black staffs need runic saws to be reforged which are a bigger pain in the ass to collect than runic hammers, so keep that in mind. You'll be spending more money and time if you want to reforge (which is super useful for high mana/life leech values) and stick with black staffs.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Before you do anything make 1 piece of all the armor you will use (plate gloves, plate tunic etc) and go into the Imbuing menu and check what 100% phys, fire, cold etc are some are different for different slots. This way you will know if your base resists and Imbued resists will put you at the cap.

Next, google swing speed calc on uoguide and put in the weapons you're likely to use and figure out how much Stam/SSI you are going to use. If you're not running Resist Spells you may want 10 more Stamina than necessary. It's also useful if you can put all your SSI on the suit not the weapon, as it frees up a property, and lets you have higher leeches. Runic reforging (not the same as artifact reforge tool) can *I think* get you max properties on leeches but I don't personally have enough experience in that to advise on it. It's generally not needed though as people solod everything before it was in game.

Work everything out in Excel first to save wasting money.

Then as Ender said, make/smelt base pieces until you have minimum 70/95/70/70/70. I say minimum because you can add another 15 to Fire and Poison if you can in order to be 'corpse proof' (still all 70's after corpse skin).

When you have all your base pieces powder them to max. You can't powder after Imbuing.

Personally I wouldn't use the artifact reforge tool for anything other than weapons. Again google/uoguide what wood adds what to weapons.

Personally for Black Staffs I would want Slayer/Mana Leech/Stamina Leech/Hit Area, the 5th property could be Life Leech, HLA, HLD, Hit Spell, or whatever your preference... again assuming you've capped swing and damage on suit/jewelery.

Edit: I personally also always have max LMC, Str and HP on the suit.

Reactions: Sempiress

Sempiress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Start with iron, yeah. Try to make each piece with one resist as low as possible to the minimum value.

-Craft base pieces until you get a spread of resists you want
-Reforge if wanted
-Powder to max
-Imbue
-Enhance (with forged metal tool, especially if you imbued a resist to the cap, unless you don't mind starting all over if it breaks). Material depends on what resists you need.

Black staffs need runic saws to be reforged which are a bigger pain in the ass to collect than runic hammers, so keep that in mind. You'll be spending more money and time if you want to reforge (which is super useful for high mana/life leech values) and stick with black staffs.
First and most important thank you for responding to me and giving me the exact order. I have several very nice pieces I missed steps on and now they are paperweights because they are too low on one thing or another to be useful for too long or they have the wrong properties.

I actually have several runic saws, I also have GM carpenter and spent many hours in heartwood. I have a collection of black staffs I made that are either super slayer or slayers, however they do not have as much oomph as I had hoped they would. I know I did something wrong, I just cannot figure out what yet.

"Try to make each piece with one resist as low as possible to the minimum value."

" Just one resist? In other words if I get one with a 2 poison I should try to get all the pieces at 2 poison, or mix the resist levels on each piece?

Thank you again.

Sempiress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Before you do anything make 1 piece of all the armor you will use (plate gloves, plate tunic etc) and go into the Imbuing menu and check what 100% phys, fire, cold etc are some are different for different slots. This way you will know if your base resists and Imbued resists will put you at the cap.

Next, google swing speed calc on uoguide and put in the weapons you're likely to use and figure out how much Stam/SSI you are going to use. If you're not running Resist Spells you may want 10 more Stamina than necessary. It's also useful if you can put all your SSI on the suit not the weapon, as it frees up a property, and lets you have higher leeches. Runic reforging (not the same as artifact reforge tool) can *I think* get you max properties on leeches but I don't personally have enough experience in that to advise on it. It's generally not needed though as people solod everything before it was in game.

Work everything out in Excel first to save wasting money.

Then as Ender said, make/smelt base pieces until you have minimum 70/95/70/70/70. I say minimum because you can add another 15 to Fire and Poison if you can in order to be 'corpse proof' (still all 70's after corpse skin).

When you have all your base pieces powder them to max. You can't powder after Imbuing.

Personally I wouldn't use the artifact reforge tool for anything other than weapons. Again google/uoguide what wood adds what to weapons.

Personally for Black Staffs I would want Slayer/Mana Leech/Stamina Leech/Hit Area, the 5th property could be Life Leech, HLA, HLD, Hit Spell, or whatever your preference... again assuming you've capped swing and damage on suit/jewelery.

Edit: I personally also always have max LMC, Str and HP on the suit.
Thank you for your reply. I have a couple questions.

"and go into the Imbuing menu and check what 100% phys, fire, cold etc are some are different for different slots."
Does this mean find out the maximum amount that CAN be imbued on each piece? 17% 16% etc?

"I say minimum because you can add another 15 to Fire and Poison if you can in order to be 'corpse proof' (still all 70's after corpse skin)."
This is amazing as I have seen people say minimum, however they never suggest a maximum or give numbers. Thank you!

"Edit: I personally also always have max LMC, Str and HP on the suit"
Another huge thank you for this!

"It's also useful if you can put all your SSI on the suit not the weapon"
I have not found out how to get SSI on a suit? I never see it in any menu unless it's a weapon or jewelry.

Thank you for advice on staff. If I can get SSI on suit, I will use your suggestion. " Slayer/Mana Leech/Stamina Leech/Hit Area"

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
It's also useful if you can put all your SSI on the suit not the weapon"
This would be through tinker legs, rings and bracelets. which can't be crafted... If you don't have the gold to buy these items it's ok to start with SSI on your weapon

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 26, 2009
UK
The tinker legs are a good source also if you have a treasure hunter you can get ssi jewels as well as a couple of good loot pieces which means you don't need to imbue as much on the other pieces. My sampire suit took me about a week of very casual play to gather the jewels and 2 nice pieces. Lmc is highly recommended and I have worked in max damage eater which gives me a lot of staying power. By having the ssi on your suit u can run max leech on your website which let's you stay at full mana and stamina so you are swinging at max speed and are able to chain your special moves. The damage eater is not a must butit provides lots of mini heals so if you miss a few times you are still healing. On the crafting forum there is a post gfor imbue max leeches but it can take a few tries. Worth it though. The suit needn't be expensive.

Sempiress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
This would be through tinker legs, rings and bracelets. which can't be crafted... If you don't have the gold to buy these items it's ok to start with SSI on your weapon
Tinker legs are very high for me. 50 Million. I would rather try to get what I need by making it, however if I give up I may have to bite the bullet. TY

Sempiress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
The tinker legs are a good source also if you have a treasure hunter you can get ssi jewels as well as a couple of good loot pieces which means you don't need to imbue as much on the other pieces. My sampire suit took me about a week of very casual play to gather the jewels and 2 nice pieces. Lmc is highly recommended and I have worked in max damage eater which gives me a lot of staying power. By having the ssi on your suit u can run max leech on your website which let's you stay at full mana and stamina so you are swinging at max speed and are able to chain your special moves. The damage eater is not a must butit provides lots of mini heals so if you miss a few times you are still healing. On the crafting forum there is a post gfor imbue max leeches but it can take a few tries. Worth it though. The suit needn't be expensive.
Thank you for this and:

"Try to make each piece with one resist as low as possible to the minimum value." does anyone know if this means one of each resist on each piece or all of them?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
Thank you for this and:

"Try to make each piece with one resist as low as possible to the minimum value." does anyone know if this means one of each resist on each piece or all of them?
If you are going to imbue a resist (let's take fire resist as an example) you want to craft a base part with a very low fire resist to start with. Then when you imbue fire resist up higher you aren't wasting room.

Sempiress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
I hope I am not upsetting you. I just need to get these questions answered. I appreciate your help believe me.
I know I have to have 70/95/70/95/70
  • Physical Resistance 70
  • Fire Resistance 95 Because of Vamp Embrace
  • Cold Resistance 70
  • Poison Resistance and 95 Corpse Proofing
  • Energy Resistance 70
I make a piece say:
Gloves with 10/5/6/7/6 Just as a random example.
A Gorget with 8/3/7/8/5 Etc.
Do I need all of these numbers low, say 5 or less or just one resist is low and the other are random.
I know I am being thick headed but it's not clicking yet.

I am going to use Agapite to enhance and I know this adds 2/3/2/2/2 so this will be added to the resists when I get to that point, so I add those in to the equation. Correct?

Last edited:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
I find the craftsman section to be very help full when it comes to imbuing and reforming etc. when I was makings woodland arm our parts I would try and make one or two resists very low and then imbue them up. Depending what I need to raise more during the enhancing stag determines what I would be using.

Reactions: Obsidian

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
Here's my suit for example, to show you what I meant by one low resist then imbue. Red values on armor pieces are imbued, I didn't make a note of pre-imbue resist values but they all should be around 5 or less I think. I'm sure there was a piece or two I got lazy on but I ended up with decent resist values. You'll need more fire resist than I have if you plan on using Vampiric Embrace, I would drop mana increase and imbue fire resist on two pieces.

Capture.PNG

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Semipress...

"Does this mean find out the maximum amount that CAN be imbued on each piece? 17% 16% etc?"

Yes

"I have not found out how to get SSI on a suit? I never see it in any menu unless it's a weapon or jewelry."

Google/uoguide SSI items, with Black Staffs you don't need that much, but for example you can get 10 on each piece of jewelery, 5 on the cloak of augmentation, plus reforing the staffs at the end can add 10% without affecting leech, if needed, but still work it out in relation to your stamina. to avoid waste.

"I know I have to have 70/95/70/95/70"

No, the idea is to be all 70's after other things. Vamp form is -25 fire, so you want 70/95/70/70/70. Corpse skin does this to resists: +10/-15/+10/-15/0, so if you were to add that on top of Vamp Form you would want 70/110/70/85/70. However, I should stress that it is optional and most people don't bother with it, and just use Enchanted Apples or Remove Curse.

I personally wouldn't rely on Chiv/trade deals for suit mods.

With regards to the crafting, each piece, such as a plate tunic, has a total amount of base resists. It also has a minimum and maximum value in each one, for example you might get a range on physical between 2 at the lowest and 15 at the highest. Therefore if you need to Imbue physical putting it on a piece with 15 rather than a piece with 2 would mean losing 13 points of base resist in all the other resists and probably make it impossible to get the numbers you want. Whether you get a piece with one low resist or two is irrelevant as long as the numbers balance by the end of it... Personally I usually get fed up of crafting/destroying base pieces and lower or give up a tertiary mod (like mana increase) in favour of a simpler process.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
One correction, you enhance wooden weapons at the end with ash (I think; look up to be sure) to get 10 SSI, not reforge. Reforging has to be done prior to any imbuing, and for cost effectiveness prior to PoF.

And ordinarily relying on chiv and trade deals for mods isn't a great move but for weapons with 100 life leech and high (80+) mana leech like I use (no necro) it's pretty much necessary. I don't want to work tinker leggings in to an already crowded suit.

Sempiress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
I find the craftsman section to be very help full when it comes to imbuing and reforming etc. when I was makings woodland arm our parts I would try and make one or two resists very low and then imbue them up. Depending what I need to raise more during the enhancing stag determines what I would be using.
Thank you for your reply. I have spent days in these forums, including the craftsman section, and I still cannot seem to find what will help me make a suit from start to finish. I know this is tedious, however I also know the information is so scattered if I can get it all in one place I can stop pulling out the rest of my hair.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
Crafting is like swimming. You can't learn it by reading. Just go and craft something. But don't start from expensive things.

Reactions: DJAd and Obsidian

Sempiress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Ok these are my base pieces with nothing done to them so far.

Another stupid question: Should I be using a blacksmith talisman and an ancient hammer or will that cause problems adding too much to these numbers?

Head Physical Fire Cold Poison Energy STR Dex INT MI MR LMC HPI HCI DCI SI HLD HPR SSI
25 10 10 10 10 10 5 30 Mace and Shield
Neck 6 8 5 9 7
Agapite Adds 2 3 2 2 2 2
Arms 5 11 6 6 7
Agapite Adds 2 3 2 2 2 2
Chest 7 5 9 7 7
Agapite Adds 2 3 2 2 2 2
Legs 9 7 10 3 6
Agapite Adds 2 3 2 2 2 2
Gloves 8 8 9 7 3
Agapite Adds 2 3 2 2 2 2
Totals 70 64 59 52 50
0 46 11 33 20
Needed Resists
70 110 70 85 70

Sempiress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Crafting is like swimming. You can't learn it by reading. Just go and craft something. But don't start from expensive things.
Crafting is not the problem. I appreciate what your saying and I am not trying to be a pain. I am trying to make this eventually maybe I can help someone else with a clear guide from start to finish. This is not just a training guide for me, it may be for others also.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
Yep I agree. Copy your crafter to Test Center and just go and have a mess about.

Sempiress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
One correction, you enhance wooden weapons at the end with ash (I think; look up to be sure) to get 10 SSI, not reforge. Reforging has to be done prior to any imbuing, and for cost effectiveness prior to PoF.

And ordinarily relying on chiv and trade deals for mods isn't a great move but for weapons with 100 life leech and high (80+) mana leech like I use (no necro) it's pretty much necessary. I don't want to work tinker leggings in to an already crowded suit.
Yes I was told ash was the right one to use for the 10% SSI. Thank you Ender, you really are helping me a great deal here to verify all information.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Ok these are my base pieces with nothing done to them so far.

Another stupid question: Should I be using a blacksmith talisman and an ancient hammer or will that cause problems adding too much to these numbers?
Using a tali/ash just ensures success at crafting the piece, and chance of it being exceptional, you can see these %'s in the tool by clicking the button next to each item. So if when not using a tali/ash you have less than 100% chance at making exceptional then yes you should use them.

(not having a go at you but...) there is no point posting what your base pieces are, or what agapite adds, as you will need to correlate that yourself with what you Imbue in your spreadsheet. As at the end agapite might not be the material you need to make up the numbers, I wouldn't even bother looking at enhance numbers until the base pieces are close to right (you might not need to enhance any pieces). But for example, the legs you have listed would possibly be a good choice for Imbing Poison. But you will need to smelt and remake everything until it fits.

Perhaps a better way of explaining this would be to do this... on your spreadsheet write in one 100% resist on each piece (so for example on neck 0/19/0/0/0, on chest 0/0/17/0/0, or whatever max is) then you can see where you need to distribute the base resists... you know the total amount of base resists an exceptional plate tunic has and can then fill in 'reasonable' guesses as to what you need... obviously you're not going to get perfect pieces and even if you did it annoyingly means that all the other pieces have to be near perfect too, so go for within 2 of their highest or lowest.

Normally on a sampire suit you need 100% fire on every piece, so you want low fire on all your base pieces. You should try to get a few of your pieces to get you to 70 without Imbuing at all, as you're using Mace & Shields this means phys is a good choice, and I don't know about other people but things I craft nearly always have high energy... so I would personally be looking to make pieces with average phys (9), low fire (under 5), high cold, average poison (& one or more Imbue), and high energy (11+)

Once you've got that pretty close you should be within a few points of each cap and might need to enhance one or two pieces to make the caps... personally I try to avoid this as much as possible as it's a waste of money, and you can get resists on other things like footwear, robes, jewelery.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
Chest 7 5 9 7 7
Legs 9 7 10 3 6
If those pieces are plate (5-3-2-3-2 base) then:
Legs are good for imbuing poison res. You can get 9-7-10-18-6 = total 50 before enhancing.
Chest is not good for imbuing res. If you imbue fire you get 7-18-9-7-7 = total 48. (and if you imbue poison you get total 46)

Just an example of what pieces you usually want...

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
With 6 crafted pieces you should be able to get away with one resist imbue per piece (2 pieces get fire imbues) which leaves room to imbue other mods like stam, hp, mana, LMC. However you need to start out with armor pieces that give you the best starting resists as mentioned above. For example the pieces you plan to imbue fire on you want to select pieces that have the lowest possible resistance in fire. I've crafted a few thousand pieces of armor while making suits to get the right ones.

Keep in mind this won't be your last suit, do your best, go play the game and you can always make a new one with what you learned.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 26, 2009
UK
My first sampire suit was a set of virtue armour with hci / dci jewels and a shroud of condemned. Tangle and quiver of infinity lol. It worked to get me hunting to save up for what I needed.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nov 4, 2011
Curitiba, Brazil
*snip*
I am going to use Agapite to enhance and I know this adds 2/3/2/2/2 so this will be added to the resists when I get to that point, so I add those in to the equation. Correct?
No, this is not correct.
Coloured ore resists were upped, so agapite will add more than that. Can't remember the numbers off the top of my head, but it will add 7 fire resist instead of only 3.

Reactions: DJAd

Sempiress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
I was going to test this today, because yes it was all I could find on material bonus. Thank you so much for this. Now maybe I can get this thing done.

Last edited:

Sempiress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
I'm trying to laugh, but I have spent days trying to get the right combination and now at least I have the corrected information. Thank You!

Sempiress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Here is a dumb question. If I am not PVPing, do I need to worry about Corpse Proofing?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
Here is a dumb question. If I am not PVPing, do I need to worry about Corpse Proofing?
I don't worry about it myself. I would rather use the extra imbuing space for things like HPI.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
I don't, because remove curse or enchanted apples are easy enough to use. It's not that common anyway.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 26, 2009
UK
Aye remove curse and apples are the way to go. If you play EC you can just drag to hot bar if not u can make a UO assist macro. If you don't have assist a trusty double click will do it lol