• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Samp temp I keep hearing about?

• Thread starter Blade_Thugluv
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

Blade_Thugluv

So I just finished my glass cannon char today:

Mage 120
Eval 120
Med 100
Necro 100
Spirit speak 110
Spellweaving 100
Inscribe 100

but I keep hearing people talk about samp, so here is my question.

what is samp and what is the temp lay out for it? is there gear that is a must for it?

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A necro dexer variant. Usually

weapon skill 120
tactics 120
bushido 100+
chivalry 80 +
necro99+
optional: spirit speak, healing, anat, parry

cast vamp embrace and go kill stuff and use a good whirl wind weapon

Lost of articles on it in the warrior form and different variants

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, and since you left, they made it to where you pop out of forms if you remove enough +skill items that you drop below the minimum skill to cast, so you can't do what the early sampires did (put on 60 or more points of necro gear, cast, then change suits), but have to keep your +necro gear on at all times.

Some of the items to buff the skill selection are Midnight Bracers (+20 necro), and a talisman from the ML peerless and other named creatures that has necro and spirit speak on it. Necro books don't help a sampire, because you can't hold them when you are swinging a weapon.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might try looking at some of Lynk's sampire posts on the warrior boards. He is pretty open about posting different templates, suits, and weapons. I would say you could ask him in person, but he is always on his red on this shard and probably would kill you.

B

Blade_Thugluv

Thanks,

I will look into those posts. Got a lot of work a head of me. You have all been a big help!

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Have heard alot about a samp temp....Been thinking about making one myself...But, not good with putting temps together....Let me know Blade what you find out if you have time..