• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sadness and loss

• Thread starter MonaLittlemore
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MonaLittlemore

I took the news pretty hard today , I read the post before I went to work and all night long people asked what was wrong . How do you explain the hurt I feel when I think about losing this game ..This has been like a second family to me ..I know I dont play as much as I used to and regret that now ..I had to take tommorow off just to get a hold of myself ..Weird or what ?

I

imported_shredded.carrot

I agree I read it on my laptop just as I got to school. I was like... April is nearly over, please say it's late.... The 1st was ages ago...

I sat in silence as my friends were sitting around chatting.

The EA boycott will likely do nothing, but a move to second life will make US feel better. I'm downloading second life now, apparantly there is a "TSO Refugee" area already there from old dropouts from the game, i wonder if they will accept they huge influx of new displaced members...

M

MonaLittlemore

I had tried * There* and I didnt like it
But lots of people do .Im sure it will get a lot of our players *sniffs*

G

I actually didn't find out until I entered a skill house in the middle of a conversation about being screwed. That when my heart dropped and got choked up. EAL is no longer after Aug. 1. Your right it does feel weird to be so upset over a game but with the people I met here, they will be missed most of all.

Now I have to figure out what i'm going to do with all that available time on my hands?!?!?

M

MonaLittlemore

Me too..I think Ill always have that urge to sit down on my computer pop open a cold one and start my game up..I hope I dont actually try to tho ...

T

TrustMeInc

I only played for 3 months this game got old fast. Glad its over with. Back to Ultima Online!

And for those who told me skill decay is for longevity of the game I laugh at you now!!

D

dinaj

I am not surprised about the closing of this game just a tiny bit dissappointed, but there is no need to try and upset the people that are saddened by its end.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The EA boycott will likely do nothing, but a move to second life will make US feel better. I'm downloading second life now, apparantly there is a "TSO Refugee" area already there from old dropouts from the game, i wonder if they will accept they huge influx of new displaced members...

[/ QUOTE ]There's already several discussions on the official SL forums about how SL players can make ex-TSOers feel at home and what they can do to help ... nothing concrete yet but if I hear anything I'll be sure to post it here.

I'm sure they'd be more than happy to welcome people over.

I've heard a lot of people saying that SL is 'just about sex and stuff' ... well I know for a fact it isn't true, so perhaps an influx of ex-TSOers can get together and make something decent. There's plenty of 'themed' places already like Caledon ... there's absolutely no reason why a group of people couldn't get together and build a TSO style community there; if you can get the textures for objects out of the game (ie if they were going to be uploaded as custom content) then you should be able to upload them into SL and recreate all the stuff there.

My website (www.lewisnerd.com) has some 'help guides' that list some of the basics of SL construction. It does seem a bit overwhelming at first, but once you grasp the concept of building things in 'bits', it's really quite simple.

J

Juliana

Ive been off playing WoW for a year &amp; a half. Toontown &amp; SL before that. I have kept 4 payed accounts in TSO, just because i had so many great friends here that I made &amp; have kept momentos from them as sort of a TSO scrapbook that I just couldnt part with. I am sad that I will finally lose all of this &amp; it cant be replaced. I know that I still have most of my friends in my Yahoo Msgr List, but this was my first online game &amp; I am VERY sad to see it go. I guess I will finally stop paying that $40 a month to keep them. This is probably the ONLY thing that would have stopped me from keeping them indefinately.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I only played for 3 months this game got old fast. Glad its over with. Back to Ultima Online!

[/ QUOTE ]Ooooh, Ultima Online. Say, isn't that an EA-run game?<blockquote><hr>

And for those who told me skill decay is for longevity of the game I laugh at you now!!

[/ QUOTE ]Laugh all you want. This game lasted for five and a half years -- that's five years longer than many people "predicted". I'd say we had a pretty good run.

So, since you'd decided to leave oh-so-gracefully... "Can I have all your stuff?"

Now, back to the people who actually cared about this game...

I logged on to Stratics this morning and saw immediately what had happened. Even so, I still had to go to the blog and see it for myself. I was so stunned, I was speechless! It was quite a while before I could even bring myself to post anything. My husband asked me what was wrong; I replied, "You really don't want to know."

G

and when stratics/tso closes down.. we can all head over to OT here. You know they LOVE tso players.

W

Wan John

aw this is totally wrong..
They should never think about closing down the game in the first place.

Just when I was having fun with my Jamming house.
Just when I was having a lot of friends and tso to chat and have fun..
It's not the same in real life

I will miss TSO forever =(

Hope they never close the game =(

C

Catwoman1966

I just logged in and saw the news!
OMG I'm totally GUTTED!!!
All the hours and money I've put into this game and all the friends I've made, ALL for NOTHING!!!
I HATE EA and NO I don't want your POXY $15 or Pogo sub, I'm already a Pogo subscriber but after this I think that might be going bye byes too!!!

Cat.

Thanks for NOTHING!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

All the hours and money I've put into this game and all the friends I've made, ALL for NOTHING!!!
I HATE EA and NO I don't want your POXY $15 or Pogo sub, I'm already a Pogo subscriber but after this I think that might be going bye byes too!!!

Cat.

Thanks for NOTHING!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say the friends you made were for nothing? Get them on yahoo or whatever and you can still chat every day. Find a game for you all to go to and do the same.
This intense hatred for EA is really insane. EA gave the game a chance when it was to be killed off last year. It didnt work out. Its not like they sat down and thought of ways to piss off their fanbase.

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Cat.

Thanks for NOTHING!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say the friends you made were for nothing? Get them on yahoo or whatever and you can still chat every day. Find a game for you all to go to and do the same.
This intense hatred for EA is really insane. EA gave the game a chance when it was to be killed off last year. It didnt work out. Its not like they sat down and thought of ways to piss off their fanbase.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO?, Well it seems to me they have done a pretty good job of it!!!

Cat.

G

My mouth dropped open, i've hit the desk like 5 times, then went into silence and was just devastated for the end of the day... oh yea, and had lil tears in my eyes.

one day later ....

still devastated and sad.

G

<blockquote><hr>

and when stratics/tso closes down.. we can all head over to OT here. You know they LOVE tso players.

[/ QUOTE ]They've already been alerted, and I believe they're mining the beach and installing razor wire as I speak...

M

MonaLittlemore

You willmake me cry ..I love you so much Stu
I will miss boards with you too

G

Mona, its hard for many because this game was a part of so many peoples routines for so long.

I feel sad for those who take it so hard even though it was inevitable.

There are fun games out there.

SL was never really my cup of tea. I'm not very creative as far as creating custom things are and sometimes I feel that that is the main driving point for SL. To me SL was like TSO with better graphics and none of the busy work that made us feel like we were doing something (like skilling or bot factory)
They do have mini games and such so that can keep one entertained for a while. Making money is not easy if you don't create, so you will have to visit an ATM.

I know that I've said this elsewhere but, I've been playing WoW since July/August. I adore it.

The one thing I like about WoW is you actually have to play to do things.
You can't just plop your character somewhere and let them skill. You actually have to interact with things to gain skills in professions. That was a huge difference coming from TSO.

I was never a blood and gore girl. I never thought I'd enjoy PVP either, but I do.

City of Heroes is also pretty cool. Who doesn't like being a super hero (or a villain &gt; : ) )

I also have been meaning to try EQII but I don't have the time. I hear its incredible.

There are tons of games out there that will entertain you. I like to think TSO was rather unique so I'm not sure you will find that again.

But the TSO experience was so worth it. I met ppl I actually love (and I rly don't love a lot of ppl) and it was my gateway drug to online gaming addictions.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I kept re-reading the blog to see if maybe it was just a joke. But things just made sense.

Over a year ago when Luc came along, I was leary of everything he said. I felt like....string us along as paying testers and then dump us. Yikes, I was so not a cheerleader. But then things started moving along and looking up and having such fantastic access to the 'inner workings' of the game kinda put me at ease.

Our prediction came true about getting the ax......
but I don't regret staying with TSO this past year.

It's been fun being a part of 'rebuilding' the game. What hurts the most about this is knowing that we failed.

As for SL? I won't be going there. I never liked Second Life and I still don't. TSO closing doors doesn't change that.

So I've decided to stick it out on WoW I guess. And now that I don't have all these TSO accounts to float...I might just pick up another WoW account...(once a multipe player....always and multiple player.)

WoW is different. I hate it but I like it. I love doing the quests and the BGs. I hate the PvP part. Even on PvE servers, they can 'cause' you to become Pvp. WoW has a lot of 'low pop' servers and it makes it very difficult to find groups to quest with on them and the AH is pretty much just a dust collector on them too.

Blizzard doesn't really give a crap about their subscribers, it's all about "show me the money" and I'll do it for ya.

But that's what keeps them in business I guess?

For heaven sake if you decide to go to WoW, make sure your thoroughly read what each of the types of servers are and how players conduct themselves on them. PvP's are the pits. Players have a free pass to do anything at all they want to you and you have no alternatives whats so ever.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I kept re-reading the blog to see if maybe it was just a joke. But things just made sense.

Over a year ago when Luc came along, I was leary of everything he said. I felt like....string us along as paying testers and then dump us. Yikes, I was so not a cheerleader. But then things started moving along and looking up and having such fantastic access to the 'inner workings' of the game kinda put me at ease.

Our prediction came true about getting the ax......
but I don't regret staying with TSO this past year.

It's been fun being a part of 'rebuilding' the game. What hurts the most about this is knowing that we failed.

As for SL? I won't be going there. I never liked Second Life and I still don't. TSO closing doors doesn't change that.

So I've decided to stick it out on WoW I guess. And now that I don't have all these TSO accounts to float...I might just pick up another WoW account...(once a multipe player....always and multiple player.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dutch, if you need any advice message me. I'm not the best player, I'm actually a chronic newbie, but I managed to get my alli char up to 68 so far, with another 37 behind her... and I have a few under 30 hordies

G

<blockquote><hr>

I actually didn't find out until I entered a skill house in the middle of a conversation about being screwed. That when my heart dropped and got choked up. EAL is no longer after Aug. 1. Your right it does feel weird to be so upset over a game but with the people I met here, they will be missed most of all.

Now I have to figure out what i'm going to do with all that available time on my hands?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was skilling cooking when some one said OMG of course when ever some one does that the entire house responds with what????? and that was when we heard I could not believe it so like so many others I went to the website and timed my self out cause I had to reread it over and over just to comprehend what it said. I am the most saddest for this because with the free accounts I was able to install onto my lap top and take my lap top to work and play the game with my children you see I dont get to see my children but one night a week when I am off of work. So for me during my work hours it was a way for me to spend time with my family. Not to mention the family that I was apart of in game. Yes it is a family to me and that is why I am feeling the loss, and when I got to work and told my coworkers they were all as sad as I was many of them were sad cause they were not able to enjoy the paid aspects of the game. They were all free members as well. Well thats me rambling on with a broke heart and vengence on my mind

I

imported_DutchAmerica

LOL Jackee,

My main is a level 70 night elf hunter. But on drak'thul, a pvp with an 8 to 1 Horde - Alliance ratio....it wasn't easy.

I had some little pip squeak 12 year old get mad at me cause I told him I didn't want a boyfriend....so he started cussing me out. I put him on ignore. SO then...his 'momma' came online and started in on how I should be the bigger person and teach him how not to talk to people like that....and I ended up putting her on ignore too. Funny....regardless of where I went....when his character logged in...I was generally stalked and ganked by the same pair of level 70 horde. I reported it to the GM. He suggested I move to another server or change my name. Both of which cost $25. I chose to change my name. Never heard from them again...

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL Jackee,

My main is a level 70 night elf hunter. But on drak'thul, a pvp with an 8 to 1 Horde - Alliance ratio....it wasn't easy.

I had some little pip squeak 12 year old get mad at me cause I told him I didn't want a boyfriend....so he started cussing me out. I put him on ignore. SO then...his 'momma' came online and started in on how I should be the bigger person and teach him how not to talk to people like that....and I ended up putting her on ignore too. Funny....regardless of where I went....when his character logged in...I was generally stalked and ganked by the same pair of level 70 horde. I reported it to the GM. He suggested I move to another server or change my name. Both of which cost $25. I chose to change my name. Never heard from them again...

[/ QUOTE ]

dayum you are way more uber than me.
I thought you were just starting

Oy at the stalking. that is ridiculous and would cause certain rage. I'm glad you at least got to change your name &lt;3

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I get a laugh out of them...they are just as much a peyton place as TSO was.

What I get a giggle out of is...."You are hot and I love ya"..."now, let's go kill some wolves!!"

Can you see it..."Honey, you are making me HOT when you swing your ax like that."

I've been working that Hunter for about 5 months and just turned 70 this past weekend. I am working on getting marks for my gear and helping out some of 60ishs in our guild do quests in outland. If I find we have a large TSO population on one of the servers, I might just pop $25 to move her.

G

My 68 is a lock, but lately I have been rolling the hunter...

I truly truly love playing a hunter.

I wouldn't mind playing with some people... others... I'd hellfire myself to death.