• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sad end to Magincia

G

After fighting off the invasion for the past two weeks it seems all will be lost
here on the island we are trying to repel the invasion and Light Demons are led into buildings to explode such a shame !
We make a poor excuse of being the Royal Guard "Turn in all your Sashes"
Sad Sad Sad

G

It seems the lure of a rare out wins the desire to save the city which is sad but expected and just a part of the game.

Who knows maybe all is not lost maybe there will be a change and Magencia will be saved..........guess we just wait and see.

I

imported_UOPODCASTING.COM

I hope EA leave the cities leveled. I mean there are plenty of other choices.

Even maybe have the rubble keep spawning for the next month or so.

Possibly some NPC's could slowly rebuild it.

D

dum3886

i take credit for blowing up the barricades on both facets lol :p!
MUAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAH.... possessed by a light demon

G

I encourage any and all people to come to fel have a look at our fun

G

I have to wonder about some people, I have been trying to show people how to blow stuff up, to get the rubble that they all so v much desire, and in the last hour I have been told to "Stop Luring the monsters away" and "get ******" when i kept on doing so.
Rx4 Finally listened, we dragged one away, it blew, I got 2 blood tiles and a staff, and gave the staff to him.

Its funny when someone wants to give advice, on how to make THEM better off, and they tell me where to go in the "nicest" possible way. Oh well its their loss.

This also can't be blamed on the fact that I am in OPK, i was on an unknown char originally and was told where to go. I got on my OPK char and that just made people worse, and funnier for me.

I

imported_JediSith

Burn the city to the ground, was fun last night reducing Mag to rubble.. picked up some nice rubble... A few plants, full wall pieces and tent pieces

G

According to pre-destiny, Magincia is to fall sooner or later.

Besides, the looters are doing their part to save the city.. saving little chunks of it and keeping them out of harm's way..

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm waiting for the next stage of the event, rubble explodes destroying anyhting nearby, including bank boxes and houses. Magincia's government will send soldiers to come collect it and use YOUR rubble to rebuild their city.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm waiting for the next stage of the event, rubble explodes destroying anyhting nearby, including bank boxes and houses. Magincia's government will send soldiers to come collect it and use YOUR rubble to rebuild their city.

[/ QUOTE ]

...I'm sensing some hostility here.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

...I'm sensing some hostility here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative attitude to the stripping of Maginicia, but not hosility. Being hostile to the black aspect of a black and white game would be pointless. The game allowed players to defend the city and then decide it's fate. In this case people either roleplayed the destroyers of the city or took their perspective outside the context of the game and destroyed the city for material gain for for meta game motives.

I chose to protect the city, others chose to use it to decorate their own homes. Simple as that.

G

Items will always win over roleplaying in the end, merely because of the amount who roleplay and the amount who want the items to sell.

I will fully admit the reason I got the rubble was to sell it off, just to get a bit more cash in before I quit. I succeeded in that very well indeed.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I will fully admit the reason I got the rubble was to sell it off, just to get a bit more cash in before I quit. I succeeded in that very well indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. it gives you the edge in the game, so why not? It's the same reason a lot of people used to PK back in the day. It gave them the edge in the overall scheme of things.

Lord British himself used to mention things like these. This is the reason the Ultima series became so focused on ethics. The best example is Ultima II. People used a trick in the game to steal food. It was extremely easy. Why'd they do it, because they are criminals? Nope. Because it was an easy and logical way to get food. No-one really thought about the trick as being criminal. Especially when the game had no consequences for such actions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Exactly. it gives you the edge in the game, so why not? It's the same reason a lot of people used to PK back in the day. It gave them the edge in the overall scheme of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does selling off the rubble because I am quitting give me an edge in the game?

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

How does selling off the rubble because I am quitting give me an edge in the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

You used the rubble for business for personal gain.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I chose to protect the city, others chose to use it to decorate their own homes. Simple as that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bah, you call yourself a pirate..

[/ QUOTE ]

I warned them I'd be the odd one out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's the same reason a lot of people used to PK back in the day. It gave them the edge in the overall scheme of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? PK's did it for 'personal gain'? They didn't do it because they ENJOYED actually fighting people? Then people like you came and ruined the entire game with two little things called insurance and trammel.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It's the same reason a lot of people used to PK back in the day. It gave them the edge in the overall scheme of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? PK's did it for 'personal gain'? They didn't do it because they ENJOYED actually fighting people? Then people like you came and ruined the entire game with two little things called insurance and trammel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoying comes under "roleplaying" doing something for fun. Some didn't see the grief it caused others because all they saw was "winning". That is the opposite of roleplaying. They are doing it for something outside the context of the game.

Oh and by the way, I left when insurance came out. I also hated Trammel very much and to this day still post "give us a pre-Renaissance shard" topics. See here: http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=7512082&amp;page=1&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=31&amp;fpart=1

So try again.

G

Once again though, how is my personal real life gain going to benefit me in the game??

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Once again though, how is my personal real life gain going to benefit me in the game??

[/ QUOTE ]

By gaining in-game (property) you made a real life profit. Your real life situation gained based on an in-game gain.

Now in the context that you weren't leaving the game, would you have been there attempting to collect rubble to decorate your home or collect in anyway, even to sell?

G

I would have probably kept the majority of them, as I have had a history of collecting rares.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I would have probably kept the majority of them, as I have had a history of collecting rares.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay cool. Now continuing on this, why would you keep them? Seems to me the same reason people took home a piece of the Waverly Park footy oval when it closed. You're collecting a piece of history now that Magincia is gone.

But do you personally (as a character and player in the world) feel bad for this? You lured a demon to a city in ruins, killed the demon with every intent to ruin the environment around you and take it home. Furniture, plants and other pieces of mangincia that a few moments ago, were not yours.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I

No i definately dont feel bad about taking pixels

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is my whole point. You are looking at the situation OUTSIDE the context of the game. In a sense you are also right. The game doesn't punish you for it (Ultima is well known for offering freedom and virtual worlds) so why NOT do it?

That is my whole point. You're thinking outside the context of the game. If we could send ourselves literaly into the world, things would be different. People wouldn't steal like they do. People would be less inclined to harm other humans. People wouldn't have such an extreme focus on rare items (backpacks face all directions in the real world).

That is why none of my characters are red/murderers. Because in the context of the game, my character is a lawful person. Yet from an outside perspective of the game, it's not murderer. It's players competing against one another in harmless fun.

People look at things outside the context of the game. Without moderation, it'll usually be one sided.

Again I refer to Lord British himself in explaining why he made ethics in Ultima 4 and why he tried to translate this into UO. The best example is Ultima 1,2 and 3. Players could steal equipment and supplies and then get chased out of town by guards, walk back in and the town resets. There are effectively no consequences for your actions and in truth, you're really just stealing pixels off a bunch of binary thinking AI NPCs. Why not if it's going to allow you to complete the game easier?

Throw in some consequences, some ethical decisions, a true immersive feeling that taps into your real life sense of morals (hopefully we all have them) and things are different. Games still cannot offer this form of immersion. They need moderation (Tram/Fel).

This is why I said people take the rubble for two reasons, they are roleplaying destructive characters (a little subjective) or they are not seeing the game from within the context of the game.

A

Anubis Oceania

*This is a response to your earlier post btw*

You're kidding right? You don't "roleplay" enjoyment. Enjoyment is simply enjoyment. You play a game to have fun. If fun includes pking newbies and testing your skills against others, then so be it. Pking causes grief? Lol, it's just a game - get over it. Either adapt so you can get better and beat them or resign yourself to banksitting and pixel collecting like the rest of the cowards.

Petrify is right - crybabies like you are what caused this game to reach its current state. Enjoy the safety of trammel where you can roleplay to your hearts content. Enjoy too the wonders of insurance. "Oh no, don't take away my pixels!" said the newbies. The UO gods answered and a world in which nowhere was safe and danger was around every corner turned into a safe haven for trammys and carebears.

Remember the way that UO once was and hope that one day it will be resurrected in another game.

P.S. If you want roleplaying go play a Dungeons and Dragons game. There's no place for roleplaying in UO because roleplaying is lame. Roleplaying creates nothing but restrictions. Can't kill someone because you're "lawful"? That just makes me laugh.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

*This is a response to your earlier post btw*

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep up with teh times. Reply to something modern incase you've missed a correction or elaboration. In this case you have.

<blockquote><hr>

You're kidding right? You don't "roleplay" enjoyment. Enjoyment is simply enjoyment. You play a game to have fun. If fun includes pking newbies and testing your skills against others, then so be it. Pking causes grief? Lol, it's just a game - get over it. Either adapt so you can get better and beat them or resign yourself to banksitting and pixel collecting like the rest of the cowards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even say that. I said people do what they enjoy. I enjoy saving Magincia, others enjoy taking the loot. How you VIEW this from WITHIN the game is what makes it right or wrong. Mechanically speaking, you CAN loot the rubble and IT IS FINE. From an in-game perspective, it's not so black and white. People see it as greed, others see it as taking a peice of Magincia home. Some still don't care even in-game.

So read my post properly.

<blockquote><hr>

Petrify is right - crybabies like you are what caused this game to reach its current state. Enjoy the safety of trammel where you can roleplay to your hearts content. Enjoy too the wonders of insurance. "Oh no, don't take away my pixels!" said the newbies. The UO gods answered and a world in which nowhere was safe and danger was around every corner turned into a safe haven for trammys and carebears.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my post again, I left when Renaissance came out. I came back during AOS briefly and left when I saw insurance.

<blockquote><hr>

P.S. If you want roleplaying go play a Dungeons and Dragons game. There's no place for roleplaying in UO because roleplaying is lame. Roleplaying creates nothing but restrictions. Can't kill someone because you're "lawful"? That just makes me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you that simple? Roleplaying is creative freedom. It's RESTRICTED by the mechanics of the game. It's HOW YOU IMAGINE IT.

I never said I don't kill something because I'm lawful. I said I act in a way I'd like my character to be. I like my paladin to kill evil. Then sometimes I like my red/murderer character to go around killing fellow humans. That's roleplaying. It's also playing by the mechanics of the game.

No place for rp in UO? Were you even there when Richard Garriott and Starr Long used to log in as Lord British and Lord Blackthorn, talk to us in character, organise events with seers?

Were you there when LB addressed us in-game. When Nystul made his weird thingy at the castle?

Doubt it. And you call yourself an old school player. Hah! Go look up the history of computer games. They came from roleplaying on punch cards.

A

Anubis Oceania

I replied to your earlier post because I had something to say about it. Don't go around telling me what I should reply to.

Aren't you meant to be "lawful good"? Right now you're acting "chaotic evil".

Roleplaying is not playing by the mechanics of the game - it's adding your own ideas into it based on how you think the characters should act. Ultima Online has always been about personal freedom to do what you want. The game is what you make it. If YOU want to roleplay, then go ahead, but don't force it onto others. You're just coming off like a religious fanatic.

Roleplaying is like being a follower copying someone else's "rules" about how a certain character should act, for example all that good versus evil crap.

Yes, I am an old school (ex)player, but I do not necessarily have to be a roleplayer to be so. So don't go around saying I have to participate in roleplaying just to have any value as a player. If I don't like roleplaying, then that is *my* choice, and I do not have to be forced to participate in it.

I have always despised roleplaying. When I would see people roleplaying at Britain bank it would always make me laugh because it seemed so structured, almost as if they were reading from a script from a Shakespeare play or something. It seemed totally fake too, and at odds with the actual game world.

Everyone else was acting normal and as themselves, saying things like "Hi", "Hey", "Hello", whereas there were these two idiot roleplayers saying "Hail good sir. How art thou?" and trying to act out the roles of the "evil lord" and the "good knight."

They did nothing more than attract derision (and I am sure raised eyebrows too) from everyone else. You see, it was THEY who were out of odds with the game world, not everyone else.

I hate to break it to you, but roleplayers are in the minority, so all your conclusions that roleplaying is NECESSARY to enjoy the game are false.

Let me reiterate - Roleplaying is lame.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I replied to your earlier post because I had something to say about it. Don't go around telling me what I should reply to.

Aren't you meant to be "lawful good"? Right now you're acting "chaotic evil".

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't in the context of the game. Which is one point I was trying to make. You just can't grasp it.

You also addressed things I had yet to further explain. Including self-corrections.

<blockquote><hr>

Roleplaying is not playing by the mechanics of the game - it's adding your own ideas into it based on how you think the characters should act. Ultima Online has always been about personal freedom to do what you want. The game is what you make it. If YOU want to roleplay, then go ahead, but don't force it onto others. You're just coming off like a religious fanatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not forcing it on anyone at all. I said the reason I don't take items is because FROM AN IN-GAME CONTEXT I SEE IT AS THE WRONG THING TODO. I capitalise that because this is the part where you consistently go blank and ignore what I say.

Again I repeat, I see it in-game as the wrong thing todo. It's purposely destroying a city as far as I'm concerned. Others disagree and therefore others act differently. This isn't in dispute.

An out of game perspective is irrelevant. If it were relevant, then all the terrorists in Counter-Strike, all the reds in Ultima Online, all the Zerg in StarCraft would be evil so to speak. In-game most likely yes, out of game? Of course not. Because in that context IT IS A GAME.

Did Luke Skywalker turn around and say "Look Darth Vader, it's just a movie, how I just go my way and you go yours"? No, because they are characters in context.

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, I am an old school (ex)player, but I do not necessarily have to be a roleplayer to be so. So don't go around saying I have to participate in roleplaying just to have any value as a player. If I don't like roleplaying, then that is *my* choice, and I do not have to be forced to participate in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say you have to. But you tried to force me not to role play by stating it had no place in UO. I just pointed out that it did. Now you change your stance and claim that it can be in the game, but it can't be forced on others (which I enver said it should). Get your contention straight.

<blockquote><hr>

I have always despised roleplaying. When I would see people roleplaying at Britain bank it would always make me laugh because it seemed so structured, almost as if they were reading from a script from a Shakespeare play or something. It seemed totally fake too, and at odds with the actual game world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes when I go to the cinema, I laugh at these movies. People pretending to be things they're not. Blurting out pre-written lines from a script. It's so fake.

<blockquote><hr>

Everyone else was acting normal and as themselves, saying things like "Hi", "Hey", "Hello", whereas there were these two idiot roleplayers saying "Hail good sir. How art thou?" and trying to act out the roles of the "evil lord" and the "good knight."

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate it when the guards spurt forth and shout "Thou shalt regret thine actions, swine". It's so "lame". Why do NPCs talk in character? Why are dragons bad? Why don't they do other things that dragons weren't designed todo? Oh that's right... context.

<blockquote><hr>

Let me reiterate - Roleplaying is lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is sitting there and creating an alter-ego and then paying $15 USD a month to use it... oh hang on, that's pretty much the the same thing. Maybe that's why the term "role playing" is so general. It has a very broad description.

Either that or you just can't comprehend context. I think it's a little of both.

A

Anubis Oceania

Playing a roleplaying game doesn't mean you have to strictly adhere to all the lore of the game. It's about having fun, not blindly following the lore like a robot.

In most roleplaying games your characters can be said to play a role or to follow a pre-set template such as warrior or mage, but UO has never been about sticking to those strict pre-determined roles, and that's what made it unique. Having to stick to cookie-cutter templates can never really be fun.

You choose a skill you want to raise and you raise it - simple as that. You're not forced to be a "chivalrous paladin" or an "evil necromancer." Sure you can do that if you want, but really its kind of redundant because in the end they're just skills. Be yourself - it's more fun than acting as a "lawful good elf prince."

And if you did want to roleplay in such a way, where is the infrastructure supporting that? Lord British has long left the game and will never return. You can roleplay (in the traditional manner that you expound) all you like, but you may as well do it in a singleplayer game.

There was a dream called Ultima Online where you didn't have to be constrained by those set templates. It was a truly persistent world where if you wanted to you could roam the land as a wanderer, earn a living as a lumberjack, or roam around killing anyone you saw (but having to face the consequences).

I would call that true roleplaying (merely nothing more than carrying out a necessary role for the game world) rather than the Dungeons and Dragons stuff that you are so adamant in following. So cast aside that useless baggage and just enjoy the game!

And back to my earlier point - the dream that was Ultima Online. The game that offered something different, something unique.

Where has that dream gone now? Look at what Ultima Online has become. Can you honestly tell me that you are satisfied with it? People are getting sick of games where you do nothing but grind, get to maximum level and sit around wondering what to do next. Games where you mindlessly collect items. Games where there is no true sense of danger. Games where everything is handed to you on a platter. Games where your items are completely safe and nothing can be looted. What a travesty the MMORPG genre has become.

And, back to the topic:

If people want to loot rubble to collect as "rares" then there's nothing wrong in that. It's an item based game now, right? So let them hoard their useless pixels.

Personally I think it's a great idea destroying Magincia. It's not like the city had any use really, right? Heck, not many of the cities do anymore except for Luna - they're all deserted

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay last round of this:

<blockquote><hr>

Playing a roleplaying game doesn't mean you have to strictly adhere to all the lore of the game. It's about having fun, not blindly following the lore like a robot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already said no-one is being forced to role play or otherwise.

<blockquote><hr>

In most roleplaying games your characters can be said to play a role or to follow a pre-set template such as warrior or mage, but UO has never been about sticking to those strict pre-determined roles, and that's what made it unique. Having to stick to cookie-cutter templates can never really be fun.

You choose a skill you want to raise and you raise it - simple as that. You're not forced to be a "chivalrous paladin" or an "evil necromancer." Sure you can do that if you want, but really its kind of redundant because in the end they're just skills. Be yourself - it's more fun than acting as a "lawful good elf prince."

And if you did want to roleplay in such a way, where is the infrastructure supporting that? Lord British has long left the game and will never return. You can roleplay (in the traditional manner that you expound) all you like, but you may as well do it in a singleplayer game.

There was a dream called Ultima Online where you didn't have to be constrained by those set templates. It was a truly persistent world where if you wanted to you could roam the land as a wanderer, earn a living as a lumberjack, or roam around killing anyone you saw (but having to face the consequences).

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is what I bloody said. That is role playing. And I couldn't agree less with you. If you read my other posts, I never role play anything further than what my character represents in-game. If someone says, who are you, I'm not going to reply "I'm a uni student", I'll reply "I'm a paladin". That is role playing at it's most basic level.

I don't see why you brought this up, this wasn't in dispute.

<blockquote><hr>

I would call that true roleplaying (merely nothing more than carrying out a necessary role for the game world) rather than the Dungeons and Dragons stuff that you are so adamant in following. So cast aside that useless baggage and just enjoy the game!

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I don't even play, and never have played Dungeons and Dragons. I don't even know what you're getting at here. I play exactly how my paladin works with the game mechanically. I fight in melee and use chivalry. I do things I find fun. Just like you'll do things you find fun.

I also choose todo other things that I find fun. Destroying a city to collect rubble? Nah that's no fun for me. So I don't do it. Yet you continue to dispute this when all I said was:

"From an in-game context, I see it as the wrong thing todo, that results in a lack of fun for me personally. Others don't see the situation within context, or they enjoy being destructive".

<blockquote><hr>

And, back to the topic:

If people want to loot rubble to collect as "rares" then there's nothing wrong in that. It's an item based game now, right, so let them hoard their useless pixels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it was an issue. I said for me, it's not fun. Destroying a city is not fun. Some people don't see the destruction (out of context) and some simpyl don't care either way. That's fine. If it wasn't fine, the game wouldn't allow it.

<blockquote><hr>

Personally I think it's a great idea destroying Magincia. It's not like the city had any use really, right? Heck, not many of the cities do anymore except for Luna - they're all deserted

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an example of "out of context". The city is still inhabited. It's got plenty of shop keeprs, it has shops. As far as the game is concerned, it's very much alive. It's not less alive than Britain.

However, from an out of game perspective, it's not alive at all. The cities are very static. NPCs stand there bumping off walls. They sell the same things other cities do. This is metagaming. An outside perspective is providing a basis for judgement.

A

Anubis Oceania

<blockquote><hr>

If someone says, who are you, I'm not going to reply "I'm a uni student", I'll reply "I'm a paladin".

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is exactly where you and I disagree.

<blockquote><hr>

Destroying a city to collect rubble? Nah that's no fun for me. So I don't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it may be fun for other people. Have you ever though of that? Besides, at least the in-game world is changing. A place that is now rubble but was once a city is more interesting than a city that has been the same forever (ie static). At least then the place has a history and a memory to it.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

But it may be fun for other people. Have you ever though of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've said this more than once. I have no issue with people. Again I refer to my previous post (and just about all the others):

"I never said it was an issue. I said for me, it's not fun. Destroying a city is not fun. Some people don't see the destruction (out of context) and some simpyl don't care either way. That's fine. If it wasn't fine, the game wouldn't allow it."

G

Well since the derailing of the post lets get it back on track!
I collected many many pieces of rubble and helped destroy a few buildings
reason was simple ---- help others to obtain something of personal value to remember the town by and hope that some where in the future whatever was saved from total destruction can be used to rebuild a better place ----
EXCEPT if it is built like New Haven you can go jump for that place is crap
UO must build bigger and better not crappier and older

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im a bit sad ive missed it all. I still dont know exactly whats happening/happend. Im waiting for the Oceania news team to put out a report.

G

dont look at me i was in melbourne when it happened. next to nothing left when i came back.

G

very disapointed people....where are the pics i havent played in so long so i dont know whats happening lol i wanna see pics of ppl dieing and towns blowing up hehehe

S

siyeng0

I don't have any pictures, but you can have a glimpse of my experiences. A picture is worth a thousand words, so, here - have a thousand words.

The Magincia Invasion in a nutshell:

Imagine a little dark-skinned male in a grey robe, holding a lantern, skipping merrily across the paths of Magincia while flowers bloom, birds sing and buildings collapse in the background. This is Our Hero. Twinkly music plays while he skips. It's all very English Fairytale, except it's set on the ruins of a tropical island.

Ahead of him is someone, I don't know who, but I daresay they're a paladin because they are killing daemons with the power of the human eye. They're attacking something vast, white and glowing, which is slowly getting angrier and angrier.

Suddenly, the light daemon's glow intensifies. It begins to pulsate. The light daemon has just reached critical mass! As people scatter all around, it does something very curious with part of its anatomy, a great flash obscures the screen of all present, and when the light clears, there are pieces of broken building lying around. They are marked "rubble" and are ridiculously, ridiculously heavy. 8D Nonetheless, players scuttle in to collect some, and take their very own slice of Magincia home to decorate their fishtanks. However! It's not only buildings which have fallen! There are also plants, logs, and some other very strange, very rare, and now very expensive items - I saw, for example, Stumpy wearing a rubble dress, which I think might be unique, but I was happy with the shells I collected.

I would just like to point out that Our Hero was playing on dial-up and was horribly lagged by the magical exploding daemon. He was then, to the delight of all present, incinerated in the resulting fires. However, he is a resilient being and will be back for more, no matter how many times he claims to have quit forever.

That's a textual snapshot of what happened when a light daemon exploded. The daemon exploded, rubble spawned, collectors rushed around happily, and Kizukai died. 8D It really was a fun event. I enjoyed it thoroughly. And now my garden is filled with beautiful crumbling sandstone.

(Although it doesn't make much evolutionary sense for a daemon to explode when angered, does it?)

G

hahha omg i love it maybe pictures should be posted like that more often aka textual pictures lol oh it bought a tear to my eye that time lol i love a good laugh

S

siyeng0

<blockquote><hr>

ever thought of becoming a reporter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I have! But then I woke up screaming. It was quite a relief.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't have any pictures, but you can have a glimpse of my experiences. A picture is worth a thousand words, so, here - have a thousand words.

The Magincia Invasion in a nutshell:

Imagine a little dark-skinned male in a grey robe, holding a lantern, skipping merrily across the paths of Magincia while flowers bloom, birds sing and buildings collapse in the background. This is Our Hero. Twinkly music plays while he skips. It's all very English Fairytale, except it's set on the ruins of a tropical island.

Ahead of him is someone, I don't know who, but I daresay they're a paladin because they are killing daemons with the power of the human eye. They're attacking something vast, white and glowing, which is slowly getting angrier and angrier.

Suddenly, the light daemon's glow intensifies. It begins to pulsate. The light daemon has just reached critical mass! As people scatter all around, it does something very curious with part of its anatomy, a great flash obscures the screen of all present, and when the light clears, there are pieces of broken building lying around. They are marked "rubble" and are ridiculously, ridiculously heavy. 8D Nonetheless, players scuttle in to collect some, and take their very own slice of Magincia home to decorate their fishtanks. However! It's not only buildings which have fallen! There are also plants, logs, and some other very strange, very rare, and now very expensive items - I saw, for example, Stumpy wearing a rubble dress, which I think might be unique, but I was happy with the shells I collected.

I would just like to point out that Our Hero was playing on dial-up and was horribly lagged by the magical exploding daemon. He was then, to the delight of all present, incinerated in the resulting fires. However, he is a resilient being and will be back for more, no matter how many times he claims to have quit forever.

That's a textual snapshot of what happened when a light daemon exploded. The daemon exploded, rubble spawned, collectors rushed around happily, and Kizukai died. 8D It really was a fun event. I enjoyed it thoroughly. And now my garden is filled with beautiful crumbling sandstone.

(Although it doesn't make much evolutionary sense for a daemon to explode when angered, does it?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Fantastic Picture *smiles*

What is the fate of Magencia now? I have been MIA for a little bit is anything to be come or has become of the city since the invasion?

G

Sadly if Magincia stays this way one more week it will become a feature as with the usual bugs and stuff in UO SO! now we want tents ! so we can camp over there lol

G

i have part of a tent that used to be there... will that help?

G

<blockquote><hr>

i have part of a tent that used to be there... will that help?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Camping