• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sabretooth and other with healing

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Hi all. I recently trying to get some sabretooth tigers . I already got 2 with healing in Eldon , but I am curious how to make sure it will have healing and make it get healing faster . And not to loose it after beast is tamed.
I of course hit them to near death then wait , then check if it got skill . Some I do discord then hit .
I hit them with my bard ( with balakai , no tactics, low damage) or with samphire ( higher damage , goes down fast ) and don't see any difference, it will heal sometimes fast , sometimes it takes forever and I loose patience. Sometimes even after I saw healing as a skill in pet Gump and of course skill have some points it has no skill after being tamed .
So what is the secret to this ?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi all. I recently trying to get some sabretooth tigers . I already got 2 with healing in Eldon , but I am curious how to make sure it will have healing and make it get healing faster . And not to loose it after beast is tamed.
I of course hit them to near death then wait , then check if it got skill . Some I do discord then hit .
I hit them with my bard ( with balakai , no tactics, low damage) or with samphire ( higher damage , goes down fast ) and don't see any difference, it will heal sometimes fast , sometimes it takes forever and I loose patience. Sometimes even after I saw healing as a skill in pet Gump and of course skill have some points it has no skill after being tamed .
So what is the secret to this ?
You're doing it right it's really just dumb luck but even with healing most eodon pets not worth using

gwen

Slightly Crazed
You're doing it right it's really just dumb luck but even with healing most eodon pets not worth using
I want to have pet with aura of nausea , grasping claw and Battle Defense . And healing of course. Only lion and sabretooth allow this .
And I need it to be 4 slot max to ride swampy ( but I will try to go with 3 to have trained RC beetle with me )

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can hear them bandage, if you happen to be in the taming process when they do, it usually sticks.

First its luck then after you do it a bunch you can get better.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Let healing get to about 10 skill in the animal lore gump before taming it.
Too much waiting , I'm not that patient.
Sometimes it is ok after havin 0.9 in a gump , some loose it having 2+ . Some loose after having it in the Gump even before taming. Then never get it back (at least during next 3-5 min, may be out of bandages???)
I have suspicion it is about was it self- healing at the very moment when taming ends or not. But it is just wild guess.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Even a fully skilled triton doesn’t always use healing when you want it to, on itself (let alone on the tamer).
if you keep the target below 50% health, and keep a distance to avoid usage of other specials, you should be ok … with some patience.
It shouldn’t lose healing once past a few points, I use 10, though 8 May be enough too.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Even a fully skilled triton doesn’t always use healing when you want it to, on itself (let alone on the tamer).
if you keep the target below 50% health, and keep a distance to avoid usage of other specials, you should be ok … with some patience.
It shouldn’t lose healing once past a few points, I use 10, though 8 May be enough too.
Hmmm, I'll give it a try , waiting to 8 , holding a little longer before taming it .