• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA_Default_Enhanced Custom UI 1.25 is up at Modder's Exchange

A

Ash

New to this version

Changed the overhead text font, that bulky font was driving me nuts.
Skills Window on initial opening will default to custom tab.
Skills Window total skill points will display to tenth of decimal.
Buff/Debuff timers from BB_Enhanced are back in.

O

Old Man of UO

New to this version

Buff/Debuff timers from BB_Enhanced are back in.
Woohoo! Got my timers back! Than you, Ash!

I just can't figure out why that isn't in the default client skin.

N

Nenime

All in all a very useful mod. Thank you so much for your hard work.

I should have mentioned this earlier: the three buttons (Bless, Heal, Cure) in the Healthbar are true life savers.

O

Old Man of UO

Can we get separate pages for the SA and KR mods and Skins on the Modder's Exchange, please? Just a bit confusing looking through the (growing) list of skins to figure out which is which. That or an easier way to distinguish the two types. Thanks

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get separate pages for the SA and KR mods and Skins on the Modder's Exchange, please? Just a bit confusing looking through the (growing) list of skins to figure out which is which. That or an easier way to distinguish the two types. Thanks
At some point the KR skins will be removed, which is why they have not been separated. Here's a list of the SA compatible skins at the Modder's Exchange:
  • Dar_Zared
  • Dar_Zared_Blue
  • Legacy II
  • Numbers
  • SACopper
  • SA_Default_Enhanced

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some things I have noticed for the Skinners.....

I have no clue if these problems are inherent to the Enhanced Client or of they are introduced/exacerbated by the skins.

Going from Full Screen to Window Mode will cause several things to no longer be displayed. An example, If one targets something you get the Gump that identifies the current target with their Health Bard. If you go from Full Screen to Window Mode that Gump is no longer visible. If you return to Full Screen Mode the Gump is still no longer visible. A careful distinction here, if one retargets the same mob/pet/npc/pc the Gump is still not visible. If one targets a new/different object then the gump become visible and works properly.

Going from Full Screen to Window Mode (and there may be other factors) the Buff ICON window does not display the buffs. Example, I use Protect. While I BELIEVE (read as unreliable) that this may also happen when starting the client, it certainly does happen when you go from Full Screen to Window Mode. The Protect Buff is still active but is not displayed. No amount of moving the Buff Container will refresh the contents.

Also, would it be possible to sort the skins by date? It may in some cases make it easier to identify new updates.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The target gump has the same problem in KR and when you Reload the interface (Ctrl-R default). Only way to "reset" this is to hit Esc to clear the target then retarget the item/mob/etc.

Not sure what's going on on the buff bar though.

You'd have to check with Illandril/Gildar on sorting the Releases page. However an easy way to get every update is to get the SVN client and get it set up to pull the files directly from the site (call it an external patch program). You'll still have to move the files accordingly, but you do get to grab the changes as we make them if you want to see them before a full package is released. Caveat: The updates you grab may or may not be in working order, or may "break" something as they may be setting up a further update, so be wary.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info.

As to the Escape key, I am not certain and will retry it, but I thought I had given that one a try.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After browsing for like 10 minutes I gave up trying to find a download for the SA_Default_Enhanced custom UI :wall:

Please provide a direct link to test downloads so testers don't have to waste time finding usefull information :)

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After browsing for like 10 minutes I gave up trying to find a download for the SA_Default_Enhanced custom UI :wall:

Please provide a direct link to test downloads so testers don't have to waste time finding usefull information :)
Here is the link to the "Skins" section of the website:
http://uo.modders-exchange.net/packaging

Look for "Default_Enhanced" and open the section by clicking on the "+" next to the name, then choose the version you want to download. 2.4.6 is the latest version.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so clicking on the version number starts the download, got it, thanks :)

R

Radix

However an easy way to get every update is to get the SVN client and get it set up to pull the files directly from the site (call it an external patch program).
SVN client? an automatic downloader? cool, where where?

good idea to SEPARATE KR from SA skins, not so hard work!

also, several previews dont work.

regards.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There is a link to the package on the main page of the Exchange (called Tortoise) and what it will do is allow you if you have an account set up with the Exchange to download directly every update posted to the exchange and thus "patch" as changes are uploaded (it's not automatic, so you have to run the Update command to "patch" and then move the files from your SVN folder into the client folders accordingly).

Since this downloads each change as they are uploaded (or deletes files that are removed), the changes may be incomplete or introduce bugs into your UI skin, so it is a Use at your own risk system.

O

Old Man of UO

I loaded this UI and finally got it into the correct folder (problems with user rights in Vista). So far so good!

One question though, why don't I have percent health on my pets health bar that I drag off the pet? It shows on the targeting bar, just not the health bar.