• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Cooking] SA - new cooking items?

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the list of SA features posted in the news section there is this:

"New Craftable pet recipes"

Does anyone know what these are yet?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spoilers listed below. Highlight test to see
If I remember correctly, there were at least 3 craftable pets. One was I think a scorpian, gargoyle's pet and something else. There is a quest giver named Sutek that gives the quest to obtain these recipes. Unfortunately I cannot find Sutek since the open beta because there used to be a moongate directly to Sutek but I can't find it anymore. Anyway, these pets are craftable by tinkers, not cooks.

I think there are some new food recipes that give buffs, obtained through quests.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is one new craftable food item, but you need a recipe and the NPC you get it from has been missing a while now...

If you want to know what it is, its a troll specialty from the original Ultima Underworld...

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The craftable pets are for tinkers. Cooks get:

(exclusively for cooks)

1. Wood Pulp (used to make scroll binders, blank scrolls and craftable books)
2. Bowl of rotworm stew (must obtain the recipe from the goblins)

(shared with alchemists)

3. Plant pigments
4. Natural dyes
5. Color fixatives

L

Lord Drakelord

The craftable pets are for tinkers. Cooks get:

(exclusively for cooks)

2. Bowl of rotworm stew (must obtain the recipe from the goblins)

(shared with alchemists)

3. Plant pigments
4. Natural dyes
5. Color fixatives
Tree bark or logs?

B

Beastmaster

ya, wood armor did not pay out, a fat zero like the scale armor was years back.
Maybe it will be worth a look see again since we can imbue "mage armor" on it now. That's completely off the top of my head this morning so no idea if there's any merit in that thought.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I've got a nice skree pie I can bake up in no time.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Under the right circumstances wooden armor is very nice. My Siege crafter wears a full suit of bloodwood, she also occasionally makes good use of a suit crafted in Heartwood which has hci on each piece.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the paragon obtained cooking things going to be stackable in SA with the classic client and what about seeds, does anyone know?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seeds are supposed to be stackable, even old ones acquired before the publish goes in. Haven't heard anything about stackability of paragon cooking item drops.

Noticed the other day that old sand was stacking. Wish the old granite would stack, but I think I've used most of my supply now anyway or will use it fairly quickly after SA is released. And I really wish power crystals would stack.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any tips on how to get the rotworm stew recipe yet?
I got one, unfortunately I don't have a cook to make good use of it...
Edit: actually the Rotworm Stew requires 0 Cooking skill, so you can read the recipe with any character, and a human with JoaT will even have a good success chance at preparing the stew. Doesn't seem to have any special properties though.

Look for Jacaar the gray goblin in the Underworld. He will give you a quest to kill 10 green goblins, and he will reward you with the recipe scroll. I suppose you'll have to do the quest on some fighting template and then pass the recipe to the cook... :pancakes: