• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA Mini Champ Spawns?

K

Krrom

Ok I have ventured into the Abyss and I think I have been to one or more of these areas in that I have killed one or two mobs with [Renowned] after their names. However, how many are there and what are the mechanics of these spawns? Is there an alter? Is the Renowned guy the boss? how many waves?
Is there some artifact drop chance? Some other reason to do them? I dont remember anything much dropping off the renowned guy.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some slightly different mechanics from spawn to spawn but there are usually 3 waves. There's no alter and progress doesn't decay (or if it does, it's very slow).

You can tell which spawn you're in by which kind of essence drops (except the ratmen of the cavern of the discarded which are their own little world).

I haven't made a full list but here's what I know about

2 different fire demon spawns (passion and order spawns)
goblin - a renowned mage and alchemist both spawn at once
devourer
skeletal dragon
ancient lich
3 ratmen (warrior, archer, spellcaster) - level 1 spawn remains throughout
pixie
wyvern (I've not actually done this one, but I'll seen it in passing)
acid elemental

... I'm missing what spawns right by the Tomb of Kings, for some reason I've never done that one to the end

edit: doh! - here's a link with everything including maps: http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31085