• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA Doesnt keep you logged in?

• Thread starter wee papa smurf
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

wee papa smurf

Sitting at luna i go to make dinner, come back ive been logged out for being idle too long, log back in, go eat dinner, come back and the same again!
Anyone know if this is permanent?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you need to stay logged in while you prepare and eat dinner?

T

TheGrayGhost

Oddly enough, the whole running into walls thing can keep this from happening. In your house or w/e go to the wall and hold rmb and hit lmb. This puts you in continous run. Move it so that the arrow is past the wall pointing directly out away from it. You will run back and forth while you go grab a ciggy or get a soda until you get back without being logged out.

Wether it is kosher to do this or not I have no idea. I haven't used it for anything other than to keep me from having to log back in after going to grab a ciggy real fast.

T

TheGrayGhost

DANG IT... I was searching all over User Settings for "rmb" and "lmb"!!

Just occurred to me those are Right Mouse Button and Left Mouse Button.

:dunce:
lol, makes up for that time you wrote that novel in the time it took me to write two sentences oO. So we're even :p lol.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which falls under the category of "Unattended Macroing", and can get you banned.
Which does *not* fall under unattended macroing, because you are not actually performing any actions, holding down any buttons, or any other such stuff. Convo has been had many times. TOS has been quoted many times. Standing idle is not unattended macroing.

A

Ash

Which does *not* fall under unattended macroing, because you are not actually performing any actions, holding down any buttons, or any other such stuff. Convo has been had many times. TOS has been quoted many times. Standing idle is not unattended macroing.
But the suggestion of trapping your character by running into walls to stay logged in would not be standing still.

W

wee papa smurf

Which falls under the category of "Unattended Macroing", and can get you banned.
If thats the case then half of uo should be banned :p, its not unattended macroing cos im actually not doing anything

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
very true

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's not turn this into a "this is how I interpret the ToS" argument. This thread is about the new client not letting you stay logged in via red-hot journal action.

W

Wolfways

Let's not turn this into a "this is how I interpret the ToS" argument. This thread is about the new client not letting you stay logged in via red-hot journal action.
How do you answer if it should or shouldn't kick you if we don't know what the ToS actually means?
If it is in place to stop afk macroing does that mean any actions carried out by the character while the player is afk are considered illegal, and does that include losing counts, as even though the character is not physically doing anything it is still doing something that benefits the character?

In essence, being logged in to lose counts is beneficial to that character, therefore shouldn't a character be able to train a skill while the payer is afk?

O

Old Man of UO

I am training a new pure white cu sidhe for sale, while I work on my other monitor. I got kicked out without getting the usual warning message about inactivity.... just the lost connection. It's possible my internet went down momentarily though.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you answer if it should or shouldn't kick you if we don't know what the ToS actually means?
If it is in place to stop afk macroing does that mean any actions carried out by the character while the player is afk are considered illegal, and does that include losing counts, as even though the character is not physically doing anything it is still doing something that benefits the character?

In essence, being logged in to lose counts is beneficial to that character, therefore shouldn't a character be able to train a skill while the payer is afk?
I'm not going to say this again. This thread is not about arguing the semantics of the ToS. Someone reported a difference in this client as opposed to the classic client in regards to staying logged in. That is the purpose of this thread, and any further attempts to derail into ToS discussion will be handled accordingly.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am training a new pure white cu sidhe for sale, while I work on my other monitor. I got kicked out without getting the usual warning message about inactivity.... just the lost connection. It's possible my internet went down momentarily though.
I've made a number of screenshots and edited them while still logged into SA. Occasionally the long delays while I'm messing around with Photoshop have caused my character to log out. Most of the time it seems as if I just lost connection with no warning about an imminent logout for inactivity.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tested this now. Parked a character in Luna on Pacific. She had Show Names: All selected. After 14 minutes of just standing there, she got the warning about being logged off for inactivity and then was logged off a minute later. During that 15 minutes, a few things other character said showed up in her chat log. However, no names showed up there at all. This was also true after logging in and changing the option to Show Names: Approaching.

I double checked the Chat filters and there does not seem to be any way to get names of ANYTHING you encounter to show up in your chat log. Aside from the issue of whether or not this is what keeps you logged on while inactive, I think this is a deficiency when you're in a situation where someone (one or more) runs by so quickly you don't catch their name. There's no way to look up that information in your chat log.

I don't know if the chat logs can be saved yet. If they can, I'm sure people who roleplay and people who do any kind of event reporting will greatly miss having names saved in the chat logs.

S

Sabbath

The client has shut down on me twice. It's not just logging me out or "lost connection" though. The client window simply disappears...*blink* and I'm staring at my desktop. There is no studder in the mouse or keyboard control...no "freeze" of any kind. It's just gone. It happened once at my house and once while running near the Spirituality shrine in Ilshenar.

The last time it happened was yesterday so the recent patches haven't corrected it.
Very weird.

M

mutau

i was running around luna, looking at all the different houses and how they appeared in SA and the game went down. This happened 2x while looking at homes and pets in Luna.

I wonder, does the Open Beta have a timer on it?