• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA Customizable Housing Part/Tile Expansions

• Thread starter Kyrie_Elaison
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kyrie_Elaison

I wanted to start a thread for ideas on housing tiles and parts that could be added with the SA expansion. If we could please limit this thread to just customizable housing additions, I think we would stand a chance of getting some new content.

1) counters - for player run shops
2) display cases - for player run shops and museums
3) farming tiles that would spawn different useables ie; a wheat tile would spawn wheat to harvest, flax tiles would spawn flax, etc.
  1. wheat
  2. flax
  3. cotton
  4. pumpkins
  5. corn (of course that would require the addition of stalks)
  6. grapes (would need us to be able to place grape vines)
  7. ghourds
  8. turnips
  9. watermelon
  10. honeydew melon
  11. cantelopes

I especially want #3 for my player run tavern (The Gravewater Tavern) on Pacific. I prefer to collect resources for my characters, it adds to my roleplaying. Anyone can go buy items.

Any other suggestions for additions?

R

RenaLynne

I would like the option of rounded water tiles. Not SA related but...I always wanted to make a true rounded pond with a bridge over it in my house. Yep, thats the dream.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

I would like the option of rounded water tiles. Not SA related but...I always wanted to make a true rounded pond with a bridge over it in my house. Yep, thats the dream.
Those would be a nice addition.

My ideas aren't actually SA related, but I'm hoping that they will add some regular content with the SA expansion. New housing tiles would be a nice addition, and mainly (for me) usable tiles for player run establishments.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I miss Fall. No such thing down here where I live... it just turns into "lesser summer".

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Ah, very nice! Reminds me that Fall is on it's way! :)
Thank you,

I should post a picture from the outside. The second and third floors have balconies above the garden. The dried herbs, garlic, flowers, etc. look much better than just hanging in mid-air. LOL

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about putting windows in the cherrywood walls? *grins*

T

Teeshy

I would happily forego "new" custom house tiles for finishing off the current tile sets! That would be nice! =D

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like shutters and window boxes.
I would also like to see better banisters for stairs.

R

RenaLynne

I would like shutters and window boxes.
I would also like to see better banisters for stairs.
Window boxes...very cool. Only then we would need small enough flowers/plants to fill them. I guess the roses would work.

C

Coppelia

I'd like complete roofs and themes that aren't limited to those who buy another 354th anniversary special box. I didn't appreciate the crystal/dark tiles thing. A chance they're ugly.

C

Connor_Graham

Well.....You can do the bridge part now anyway.....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are many tiles that need to be added to the housing tool...... Like ALL The ones in Malas!!!! I want the black tiles! I want the skulls. I went all over the lands looking for things that need adding....

There are a TON of missing tiles that could be added... such as arches, decorative edging, shorter half walls, straight bars to go between archways, Sandstone tiles have a Great many tiles that other types don't like the heavy stone columns. Those wedge shaped decorative slants.... I would LOVE to see more of those Red accents like you have in Umbra.... The new "shadow" tiles are missing loads of accents like they gave us that one corner with the cool column on it but you really can't use that accent anywhere as you can't really repeat it making it look consistent as you can't put a neat column on each corner... kinda making it a useless tile in my eyes....

I would like to see more ground type tiles..... grass edges with dirt ..... curved edging.... and defiantly the curved water you mentioned as well as curved snow....

Then lets talk about the dingy dungeon style mossy tiles.... I'd like to have those too.

But as well I'd like to have craftable some of the benches such as stone long benches, wooden long benches, the "desk" like tables you see in many NPC shops, the pew type bench(YES The one that was 2 piece rubble I want to craft it!!!!! And i don't care what rare collectors think THIS SHOULD be a craftable!!!! and it should face ALL directions).... more chairs and such should Face ALL directions!! ...... If nothing else give us the darn benches and pews and tables and such as rewards for a NEW crafting bonus to CARPENTERS!..... let me have 120 carpentry and give me some awesome rewards such as decorative display cases, and such...

K

Kyrie_Elaison

But as well I'd like to have craftable some of the benches such as stone long benches, wooden long benches, the "desk" like tables you see in many NPC shops, the pew type bench(YES The one that was 2 piece rubble I want to craft it!!!!! And i don't care what rare collectors think THIS SHOULD be a craftable!!!! and it should face ALL directions).... more chairs and such should Face ALL directions!! ...... If nothing else give us the darn benches and pews and tables and such as rewards for a NEW crafting bonus to CARPENTERS!..... let me have 120 carpentry and give me some awesome rewards such as decorative display cases, and such...
I also think they need to give carpenters more craftables like you mentioned, but the display cases should probably go in as a housing tile. If you look in the different shops you will see that display cases are all different sizes in length and width. I guess it could be a crafting item if you did it in pieces.

I would really like to see the long benches added. I know most guilds have rooms set up for meetings, and the long benches would look much better.

The nice thing about all these ideas is that we are not asking Mythic to come up with anything new. Just allow players to have access what is already in game.

Jeremy please check out the ideas in this post and see if we can get them added to the SA expansion.