• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA custom carpets

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy cow, I just discovered the new custom carpets in Ter Mur!

Undoubtedly one of the slickest deco additions to the game of all time. I know we've always wanted carpets. There were some options for rugs and then came the deedable carpets. This is so much better. I've got some work to do now laying carpet in my homes.

E

edda

They are very awesome. You can also dye them with dye tubs, which I love.. They can also be raised with the deco tool. Its all very cool, but I don't use them as much as I'd like to because I can't set stuff on top of them.

L

Llwyd

Its all very cool, but I don't use them as much as I'd like to because I can't set stuff on top of them.
It's easy to get around. I wanted to place a standing harp on mine... removed the carpet piece where I wanted the harp, placed the harp and raised it off the floor, replaced the carpet piece under it, then lowered the harp again. I love these carpet tiles! :)

L

Lunaticus

When you dye them, does the whole thing get colored the same, or do some spots keep their contrasting colors (like the yellow and/or white in the banner, vet rewards)?

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or, u can place a goza on top of the carpet & place ur item on that & axe the goza.......

Ive found that the plain red ones dye best, but yes it dyes tehm all, althou the umm flower? dots? what ever they r, dye a slightly different color than the rest of the rug so they still stand out

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the red sets dyed luna white. I like rug pieces for grass in keeps, as looong runners for floors and tables, I seen bookcases made out of ends....so much possibilites

A

Aly<3

Holy cow, I just discovered the new custom carpets in Ter Mur!

Undoubtedly one of the slickest deco additions to the game of all time. I know we've always wanted carpets. There were some options for rugs and then came the deedable carpets. This is so much better. I've got some work to do now laying carpet in my homes.
They are cute! :hug: Don't have to chop heritage token rugs anymore, and we can even make them pink. :)

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you dye them, does the whole thing get colored the same, or do some spots keep their contrasting colors (like the yellow and/or white in the banner, vet rewards)?
It would be awesome if some part kept its original color. Maybe that'll be an upgrade to the quest at some point.... *coughcoughpokes devs*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good luck with that Faerunner... they can't even get dying furnishings right...

You all remember the way the dyed stuff looked in KR??

*shudders*

And the attempt at dying pets???

Nope. Much as I would like a blue dragon... there is NO way I want things done the useual half-@ss way they often are.

But yes the carpet dying leaves a LOT to be desired.

Personally I think you should be able to dye "parts"... much like how you use the paintcan in many paint programs.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the difficulty with re-colors (even dev-made ones) is that most of the time they just add a new color layer over the original art, regardless of parts that shouldn't be re-colored. :/ It's lazy, and clearly they know how to do it properly as the banners and some of the chairs show... It's probably a matter of a few lines of code or a slightly edited image file so that only the desired parts are dyed. Some of the older chairs (vesper style I think) have a perfectly dyable cushion and nothing else, so unless someone forgot how to make items like that, I don't see why they haven't continued it. It's nothing they can't handle, but they've got their "priorities"...

At least these carpets don't take up lockdowns. That, I like.