• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

S/A and the 2d client

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Piratin put on hold*

Good day my fellow origins. I have been to the new expansion and all I can say is WOW. I was able to get into the new expansion by route of a 2d client download available here http://www.uoherald.com/news/. Read down to almost the end of the story.

It did take a new 2d client to get into the expansion, the current client DOES NOT WORK. UOassist and UOAM does not work either. While UOassist will probably be patched to include the 5th facet right now it does not. It is VERY unlikely that the UOAM will be patched because the owner has said no such future upgrades will be available and he is not interested in third party upgrades.

If you use the 3d client you really don't need either UOassist or UOAM. It is set up with a very nice atlas, nothing like the small map available in 2d.

The new facet is extremely large and it is easy to get lost. I find that is next to impossible to navigate any of the new areas without the atlas. Thats just me however and you might not have any trouble at all.

Expect the very worst when dealing with lag and bugs but when this one is ironed out it will be well worth the wait. It is truly awesome.

Anyone wanting to see and try S/A can do so by going to the above address and download either the 2d or 3d client. Once downloaded you can play S/a on the Retribution Shard for free.

*piritin on*

C

Crystal Canyon

Thank you for the information. Im very much wanting to go try it out myself. Everyone I have spoken to that has had accesss, says it is great.

*Looking forward to Sept. 8th* (Lag and all)

E

Eyes of Origin

I have to agree.. the new expansion is absolutely awesome. They have added so many new things
Crystal, guess what? Seeds will stack now! lol I know its cheesy, but I'm really excited about everything I have seen so far on the expansion. I'm still not too keen on the Enhanced client.. I lag quite a bit, even though it has many nice features. It might be my computer or it might be the client. For now I am sticking with the original 2D.
Oh and the crafting gumps are sooo nice and avaliable on the classic 2D client too which is a huge plus for those us who arent quite ready to give up 2D for whatever reason. Gargoyles are awesome too, flying is nice :) just have to keep 6 stam regen so you dont run out of stam while flying. It will be so weird to see floating gargolyes in Luna bank lol
In recent months I have heard people are just plain bored with UO so are taking a break or have quit all together.. between the new crafting, new pets, new areas in Tram and Fel and new skills there should be more than enough for anyone to stay busy and not be bored with UO for quite some time.

C

Crystal Canyon

I have to agree.. the new expansion is absolutely awesome. They have added so many new things
Crystal, guess what? Seeds will stack now! lol I know its cheesy, but I'm really excited about everything I have seen so far on the expansion. I'm still not too keen on the Enhanced client.. I lag quite a bit, even though it has many nice features. It might be my computer or it might be the client. For now I am sticking with the original 2D.
Oh and the crafting gumps are sooo nice and avaliable on the classic 2D client too which is a huge plus for those us who arent quite ready to give up 2D for whatever reason. Gargoyles are awesome too, flying is nice :) just have to keep 6 stam regen so you dont run out of stam while flying. It will be so weird to see floating gargolyes in Luna bank lol
In recent months I have heard people are just plain bored with UO so are taking a break or have quit all together.. between the new crafting, new pets, new areas in Tram and Fel and new skills there should be more than enough for anyone to stay busy and not be bored with UO for quite some time.
Stacking seeds you say? Woo Hooo! Finally! :D

E

Eyes of Origin

Hehe.. yeah too bad I just cleaned out my seed collection and threw most out rofl :wall: and also threw away most of my colored plants, which will be needed for staining :wall::wall: lol

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm happy to hear some excitement regarding the upcoming new release. I'm looking forward to seeing what is has in store myself!

F

Flora Green

I'm not only floored the seeds will stack, I'm thrilled Sak has decided to leave some of the bugs in for gardening. Especially considering her dislike of colored plants.

F

Flora Green

I don't know. Not sure I'm going to bother with SA or stay on Origin. Too many RL things going on right now even if I wanted to play. I'm excited about the new botany related items, but not enough to login beyond peaking at the garg area in beta. :|

Hopefully it will change.