• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Runic crafting question

5% Luck

Ok so to craft a 70s suit with all max luck mods and 100% lrc.

Is getting this possible?

What I have so far on the math.

max rolls from a barbed kit is 5 I would need to roll 2 on mods and 3 on resists.

Now I understand that the AoF wont fit in this suit so i will be crafting tunics. Also I am wondering weather or not to try for all 20 LRC as I think that would count as 2 rolls to get to this number. Is this correct? If 20LRC on a single piece is a single roll i could still manage 3 resist rolls and a 100 luck roll(140) and still beable to use a jester hat of chuckles(decent resists/med).

140x5 jesterhat+150 jewelry set+400 robe+95 Janna staff+220 thats 1615 luck 100% LRC and all 70s.

I dont really understand all the possibility's on resist rolls so heres my question Can i get a suitable average of 58 total resists per piece on only 3 barbed kit rolls(gm armslore). Is 20LRC a 2 roll min from a barbed kit?

From this point of veiw its sounds easy!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After the runic changes, it's theoretically possible to get a suit such as that from horned runics, which are substantially cheaper.

Base 15 resists
+11 from exceptional @ GM Arms lore
+5 for Spined
= 31 resists

LRC = 1 property
Luck = 1 property
chance for two resists, up to 15 each

Conceivably, that's 61 resists per piece. 5 x 61 = 305. As the Jester hat has 60 resists, that means you can get there (less with reward clothing and snakeskin boots). Granted, you'd have more chances with the extra property from a Barbed kit, giving you more resists.

But we're talking theoretical. While theoretical, actually getting such a suit would be almost nil chance, in actual game play (one won't have hundreds of runic kits to play with). But you should be able to come CLOSE to it, given enough time and runic kits.

And, why WOULDN'T the AOF fit? It only has 16 resists, yes, but it having 40% LRC would allow you to get 15 more resists on another item.

Jester hat: 12/12/12/12/12
AoF: 2/4/3/3/4

That's 14/16/15/15/16

to get all 70s, remaining 4 pieces would have to average 264/4 = 66 resists in the right spots - which should be doable, as a Barbed kit, spined leather item can have up to 76 resists. The chance of getting the resists in the proper places would be extremely low, on top of getting the exact 5 properties in count and need - but it theoretically could be done. If I had an AoF and was going to attempt it, I'd at least try it (after all, the gloves, gorget, sleeves and legs will work in either attempt). Save crafting a tunic for last (the fact that you'll be getting 20 physical from those spined pieces from the material, plus a vet reward cape, means you'll, at worst, be 70 in physical only even with the AoF).

Also, consider the Reactive Armor/Magic Reflection trick. If you aren't going to where people will be hitting you with ward removal, and have GM inscription on a character that can transfer the skill to that one (or actually on it already), you can cast these two spells in combination with GM inscription, and end up with 5 extra points in each elemental resist, with no physical penalty (10/-5/-5/-5/-5 + -10/10/10/10/10 = 0/5/5/5/5) and that is a permanent toggle until precast or someone hits you with ward removal.

5% Luck

Thank you very much that was awesome and very informative.

Now to watch the debate!

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in my testing, while things are possible, its unlikely it will happen unless you buy the pieces and get lucky finding them.

go to test center, and check out the runics they give you and see what you make.
then lower those chances because it seems tc gives you a greater chance at making max items.. heh

5% Luck

Im not debating how many kits Ill need Im sure 50+ but its feasibility. I am fairly certain it can be done now. I wasnt sure how high a max resist roll was or if on a 20lrc peice that would count as 2 rolls or 1.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All properties only count as 1 roll. the only thing that "seems" to be 2 rolls is Spell channeling no penalty, because it is the Spell Channeling with Faster Casting -1 property, combined with the Faster Casting 1 property.

And, of course, 15 is the max resist roll, but one also has to take into account that the 11 points for exceptional at GM Arms lore will end up scattered at random, so some of it will end up in the same property you rolled resist for, most of the time. (theoretically, it's possible that all 11 could end up in a single resist property, so that the item would have a resist that is the base for item & material + 26. If you ever see a crafted non-recipe item (other than physical for that one helmet that is 7/2/2/2/2 base, or items made with spined) with over 25% in a single resist, it means that a significant amount of the exceptional bonus, plus a near-max resist property, ended up in the same resist.