• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rune Beetles...which one to keep?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So I have collected 4 of them but am in doubt regarding which one should I train as all of them are freshly tamed. Below you can find their Lore table from Pinco's UI. Some have higher overall score, and some have higher Poisoning.

Thanks!

3.6_123.JPG 3.8_126.JPG 3.9_118.JPG 4.0_114.JPG

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me the 4.0 bug is out because it's physical resist is too low for me, in spite of the high dex. Too bad the other bugs are just ho-hum in dexterity. After that, I like the 3.6 and 3.8. I, personally, like bugs with higher eval...I "think" they poison and do specials more often, at least it seems so. Either one is fine, one's a bit higher in poisoning, the other in eval. I'd bond them both and go play with them to see which one works better for you. In spite of the ratings system, I've had multiple "lower rated" pets that outperformed higher rated ones. A specific example is a Cu, where even at GM, some of them simply heal themselves faster/more often.

Kiddo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello all,
Aibal, thanks for the advice.
I have some Beetles in the stable, too, and I dont know which should I keep/ train (...or tame).

Im curious if there is a "must-have" poisoning-skill for the Beetles to do Deadly Poison. I thought they need 120+ poisoning, but one of my Beetles just run with 110,1 poisoning and can do Deadly Poison, too - Can a Beetle do Lethal Poison with 120+ or will the poison just do more damage? I never saw a Beetle doing Lethal Poison.
The second point is the dexterity - i just tame Beetles with 160+ dexterity, because they need it to be faster then a player on foot(?).
Is Eval Int a factor for the damage? Or intelligence?

So - Can someone say on which stats I should really spend my attention? (in addition to the resist and HP...) :)

(sorry for my bad english)
Thanks in advance ! :)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finding a decent rune beetle is very difficult. Personally I mostly ignore the poison resist of them. 75-80 already can be considered a high value, even if it is the lower cut for a rune beetle.

Gedgerez Tesherd

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
First you need to ask yourself what your purpose is in using your pets. For PVM personally I like the top one because of the higher HP, & Phy resist. For PVP personally I like the bottom one. One thing I can always be assured on is that the pet will eventually take damage, so max hit points, & max resist works to my advantage when pvming & pvping.

Generally for PVM when on the archer mystic tamer for pvm, I'll prep targets with psychic attack, force arrow, or para blow (all very effective for your pet survivability) with defensive pet stats. While on my peace tamer mage (with mage weapon), I'll peace the target, & invis my pet accordingly when in trouble, or wall of stone ontop of the pet, then across in a line to line of site back off from danger (I stick to choke points since it's easier to control). I go for physical resist, & str/hp on every type of pet in my stable. Other max skills or stats aren't necessarily important to me, since my pet will do damage & survive whether the other stuff is max'd or not.

Then for PVP when on the archer mystic tamer for pvp, I'll do evil things with mysticism & dismount while not worrying about the pets defensive skill/stats, yet instead pure offense skill/stats. I go for specific combination of max magery, resist, & wrestle. Then a melee pet with max str, dex, & stam for quick melee. My pet melee skill, dex/stam are more vital to my functionality.

I'd suggest testing out each of the pets to see what works for your needs. It's far too situational to assume which pet to keep depending on what your going to be doing. Believe me if I had the time to hunt for pets all day & get a perfect one I would.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd say the second one is clearly the best all round. It has good resists, good hp, and 125 poisoning.