• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rune Beetle Changes

K

Kiminality

I kind of preferred the original KR/SA art, although it seemed more crustacean than beetle.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My beetle is called 'Nocturne' for night music. His name didn't fit when he wasn't black.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Much better.

Now if they'll just take care of my pet peeve and fix the way we look on horseback.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
This is a great improvement over the zombie-white bugs (as Morgana adeptly identified them), but the red lobster claws are still a little weird.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a great improvement over the zombie-white bugs (as Morgana adeptly identified them), but the red lobster claws are still a little weird.
You take the good,
you take the bad....

you take them both and there you have,

The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol skeletal horse is crap XD

looks like a bio-mechanical horse with nails on the head... It's a cyberdine systems pet? XD

G

guum

lol skeletal horse is crap XD

looks like a bio-mechanical horse with nails on the head... It's a cyberdine systems pet? XD
Also, why are his character's legs longer than the horse's legs?

If his character has such long legs, he should be able to run faster than the horse.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks better but still not at all as good as the current 2D version. The blue looks spray painted on as if it was vandalism.

F

Fink

Not too bad.

Far removed from the black version but at least it doesn't appear to have holes in the sprite anymore. The extra detail is nice although I agree the rune markings look a little like graffiti. I still hate those Y-shaped rear legs, I felt those must have been done in 3D to save polygons (Kraken is similiar and I think it should be redone with proper cephalopod tentacles).

N

Ni-

The claws look like cooked blue crap claws.

I wonder if the Dev team has been visiting Baltimore a little too much since moving to VA.

I wonder if you get the system message *you smell Old Bay* when you approach the Rune Beatles now...