• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rubberbanding on hit spell?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When did rubberbanding on hit spell from weapons get so terrible?

I've played my mage for a long time & lately noticed on my dexers that when any hit spell goes off, I freeze/stop and then shoot a buncha tiles forward.

Pretty annoying to use on moving shot or when chasing someone. Also if it goes off around a buncha monsters and you rubberband everything instantly targets you which can be good/bad.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm ... I have to admit that I don't use many hit-spell weapons, but I havent really noticed this? I havent played much since the latest patch/publish, either.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's pretty bad w/ my composite. It has 50% fireball and everytime it hits I lock up for a second and by the time i rubberband forward the person gains a few tiles every time.

Normally it isn't a problem because I ping 10-20ms on average, but lately I've been pinging 100-150ms and it's a pancake lol.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Been that way since the get go.... Always had that problem.....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Please click the hatchling and help him grow

A

AtlanteanAngel

I suspect it's not rubberbanding effect from the server, but a localized client issue : the graphics and/or sound files associated with the hitspell effect need to be loaded and executed, which causes a client lag that affects only you (and not your opponent).

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've experienced this since way back. You can't move for about a sec, as if you are casting the hit effect spell.

S

Skwiz

This mainly happens with Delayed hit spell on Moving shot..Aka Fireball / Magic arrow.

B

BartofCats

your rubberbanding because your "casting the spell" maybe you want to find a weapon that doenst have some type of spell on it. or maybe a weapon that doesnt have a high percentage of your magic damage.

L

Lord Kynd

When did rubberbanding on hit spell from weapons get so terrible?

I've played my mage for a long time & lately noticed on my dexers that when any hit spell goes off, I freeze/stop and then shoot a buncha tiles forward.

Pretty annoying to use on moving shot or when chasing someone. Also if it goes off around a buncha monsters and you rubberband everything instantly targets you which can be good/bad.
nothing new, my hit lightning bow has been doing that for well over a year when the spell actually hit's.
most of the time i try to not run around or advance on my target, then again i PvM not pvp . maybe it help's balance things for PvP however :)

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It never did it last year when I played my archer...

oh boo hoo. weaps shouldn't have hit spell in the first place.
Either should your face :/

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah I can also confirm that. Been a problem in the game since hit spell was introduced. Looks like a purely client side issue too so it makes me wonder why it was never fixed in a patch especially when they were correcting rubberbanding in general a while back.