• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

rp temp

loki danu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like rp as you can only use gm items but i need a lil help with the temp

115 fencing
100 anat
110 tac
90 heal
110 resist
110 parry
rest in focus

any good?

should i add poison

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that depends on what you're roleplaying, doesn't it?

And what shard you're on.

Personally, I would just pick a few skills and not worry about how much.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

115 fencing
100 anat
110 tac
90 heal
110 resist
110 parry
rest in focus

any good?

should i add poison
Well I play in a rp guild on the shard Europa and one thing I have learned that last few years. As like you said we are not allowed to use magic items etc. I would have to know what do you actually Roleplay? Well obviously its a warrior:)
Well for one thing based on the info you gave me you would have 85 focus left on your template...thats a waste of 5 skill points focus goes by the tens you either have 80 or 90 not anything in between doesnt count. I would personally get 120 fencing as a starter. Like you said we dont use magic items so you need every bit of HCI you can get. and I personally wouild get 120 parry..you mentioned poisoning? Without focus its a bummer! you might be able do DP an oppenent but then your mana is out as you had to drop focus. But why not keep both? Drop magic resist! (or better stone it :)) the only good thing about magic resist if you would have a duel with one of your mages or from another guild. as you play in a guild and mostly it is team combat either pvp or pvm ....you wont really need resist. I once had resist but it was actually a waste so I dropped it. Even without resist I do quite well against mages one on one..remember the mages only use regs and dont have any magic items to boost up there mana regen...if you survive there initial attack i.e para explo (bandies and pots) they will run out of mana fast...and then it is your turn:gun: But that is just one on one...mainly it is team combat If I where you I would do this:

120 fencing (max HCI and DCI due to weopons check)
120 parry (no explanation needed)
90 heal
100 anat
110 tac
80 poisoning
100 focus

I seen this template around and it works

If you rather not settle with poisoning you couild get this:

120 fencing
120 parry
120 heal
120 anat
120 tac
120 focus

Hard to believe but this actually works to ( a bit expensive to get though) a more flexible option would be this:

120 fencing
120 parry
90 heal
100 anat
100 tac
120 focus (you need lots of mana for special moves)
70 chiv

I would personally do this if you dont settle with poisoning..My archer basically runs this template well as he doesnt need parry he can invest int he other skills. what is also not bad if you have a tailor that can make good armor (of course with GM armslore) make a barbed suit with the highest physical resist yiou can make then cast protection on yourself (with a scroll) then you can even use use close wounds without getting interrupted and if you are a human you get another extra 2mana regen by using a medable armor..But dont know what armor restrictions or uniform code your guild has

and stats? well it seems for dexxers all rp dexxer basically have 100 str 100 dex and 55 int if they have max stats. if not 90 str and juggle out between int and dex.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

115 fencing
100 anat
110 tac
90 heal
110 resist
110 parry
rest in focus

any good?

should i add poison
OOPs forgot something else to say! As farsight stated here it really doesnt matter what skills you have as long as you rp properly...Even in rp guilds there are peops looking for the uber template...well dont look! cause there aint one! you might be good in one on one pvp but in team fights you might be actually really crappy..pick the template that serves your guild most...well of course you can roleplay a bouncer at Swaggers Inn here on the shard Europa hehe then you would make such a template...you can even keep your original template you posted...but get 120 fencing at least

B

Bara

Sorry to butt in, but I'm curious. Why can't you use 'magic items' while roleplaying?

I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is simply a kind of agreement among several rp guilds. That way ppl have more time to play and dont need to run after the best possible equipment. (Often pvp is included in rp between guilds. And when everybody wears only exceptional armour it is more likely fair for everyone.)

If you want to rp in a selected guild, you should have a look at their rules first. Sometimes skill choice is limited. (On Europa I often see limits to all forms of magic use or poison.) Same apllies to skill caps. Normally rp guilds wants to have chars that can develop themselves inside/with the guild. You would need a very good explanation why a legendary fencer would want to join a guild where he wont be able to learn anything and if you plan to take over control over that guild (rp-wise only) they probably wont let you in. :D