• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[RP News] The High Council Election: Interview With A Fool

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The High Council Election: Interview With A Fool
WarderDragon and Proserpina

Your name.

Hello, my name is Theresa Traveler of Minoc but everyone calls me Happy Fool.

Your profession.

I've been a lot of things and I can be a lot of things. I've spent most of my life as a miner and blacksmith. Lately I've been a warrior. I'm a veteran of the war against the Bane Chosen. And, I've been a fool forever!

Your reason for running for Council?

I thought it might be fun, and foolish to do so!

Your feelings on the Magincian Conflict and the Calls for Magincian Independence?

Oh, they're not independent. They're part and parcel of Britannia, and Britannia is part and parcel of them, and all are in service to each other. Anyway, it's not Magincia. It's New Magincia now, a true Virtue town. I mean, seriously, you don't see "Humility" packing up and leaving for Cove or Vesper, do you?

As an elected official, how will you address unresolved threats such as the presence of Exodus in Ilshenar?

Exodus seems to be self-absorbed and not too interested in expansion. It has its main structure and the one mining camp and that's about it. I'd become alarmed if I saw more little Exodus sub-modules sprouting, and Britannia would send sorties to them of course. The "Controllers" don't appear to be kidnaped Britannians. As for the gargoyles there... well, Britannia will follow the lead of our ally, the leadership of Ter Mur, on that matter.
Any threat that steps on Britannian soil is going to be met by, ahem, an armed diplomatic force. Diplomacy first; if that fails, force of arms.

As an elected official, how will you reach out to Britannia's allies such as Ter Mur and Zento?

We have a good and full friendly relationship with Zento, and I don't see that changing. We're always a bit cautious in dealing with Ter Mur because of the refugee gargoyles -- Britannia must seem an awfully tempting target to those teeming TerMurians. As long as the Ter Mur leadership keeps their malcontents under control, we enjoy good commerce relations with Ter Mur.

As an elected official, how will you address threats such as the Pirates Incursion in the South Sea, and the Void Plague of Ter Mur?

The pirates aren't really a threat, since Britannian commerce is conducted by moongate. I see that fishermen have banded together to have larger, armed ships, and unofficially I approve of their cannons.

The Void of Ter Mur is held at bay by a combination of Gargish, Britannian, and Heartwood magic. I see that effort continuing, and it is my fervent hope that the Void will be pushed back, releasing the lost lands of the gargoyles. It'd certainly give those refugees somewhere to go and something to do. Personally, I've spent a lot of time battling void daemons.

Your stance on the Independence of the Border Kingdoms? (i.e. Dawn.)

Their leadership has been missing for far too long. When was the last time you saw King Desmond Cross? Or Queen Shieba of the Queen Shieba Alliance? Or Mayor Shardipoo of Avalon for that matter? I would welcome these folk back into the Britannian fold. But I won't compel them.

Your Political Philosophies? (i.e. Order? Chaos? Balance?)

Firmly on the side of Order.

Are you a practitioner of the Virtues of British or Blackthorne?

British, and also some of the Gargish virtues. I also particularly like "Happiness" which was one of the virtues of Mandrake the Bard's system.

Why should you be chosen to lead Britannia into the New Age?

The Fool is the one who can speak the truth to the king without being beheaded for it. Well, we're kingless, but that's not going to stop me from speaking the truth, or at least the truth from this fool's point of view -- even if I'm not elected, so, either way, I win.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After Happy Fool's performance at the debates and this interview, I'm pretty sure one of my votes is going for Happy Fool.

Good luck in the election!