• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[RP News] The Game of Intrigue: News and Rumors - July 2011

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Game of Intrigue: News and Rumors

Rumors are often just that. Rumors. But sometimes even a rumor bears with it a single grain of truth.

You are welcome to build on this list.

I. Tensions between Britannia and Magincia continue to escalate as the two powers set about forming their own respective governments and institutions.

While no one believes there will be a peaceful outcome to this conflict - the beating of swords resonates on both sides of the Strait of Britannia - some whisper that there is a power behind both sides manipulating events towards war and bloodshed. One who has something to gain from the conflict.

The truth remains to be seen.

II. Elladan - Paladin of Trinsic and Advocate of a Peaceful and Unitied Sosaria - ordered a Warship sailed into the Magincian Harbor two evenings ago.

He announced during a meeting in the Throne Room that his ship - the S.S. Sosaria - is loaded with cannons and other mechanized weapons. His little surprise for the unsuspecting Magincians.

III. ...the ship has since vanished.

IV. House Seiren of the Umbral - notable of late for its declaration of War against Magincia and the Blood of Tarrant - is reported to have disappeared into Ilshenar in the hours following the ressurection of its patriarch's nemesis.

The Necromancer and his consort are at large. But it is said the two were seen near Skara Brae this past weekend attempting to purchase an orphan.

What impact their disappearance has on the Necrarchs move to War against Magincia remains to be seen.

V. Nicholas Tarrant - not more than a few evenings following his apparent ressurection - is reported to have entered the Sea Witch Tavern and confronted a Mistress Circe.

When their discussion was finished he turned on the rest of the gathered. "We know when a human has wronged us. We can smell it." Witnesses claim he looked at Circe with a chilling smirk and then turned to the door.

Upon departing he was pursued by three men. Fig the Ancient. Lance Marshal. And Tokugawa. His trail led them to Southern Ilshenar where he was found seated upon a throne in the Cavern of the Twisted Weald.

Each was allowed to ask one question of him before being made to depart. The nature of their discussions remains ...unknown.

VI. Alouenikah - Consort to Lindae Seiren - is reported to have extinguished the Foxclaw population in Northern Yew earlier this week.

This is not the first report of his more violent tendancies. It is said he also once captured a man so that he might drain his blood and sell it on the Black Market. A grave offense.

VII. Thanatos - known as the "God of Death" in the Blood Colieseum of J'helom - escaped his cell four evenings ago. He is described as an albino with elven features and a muscular torso.

Five million gold pieces are being offered for his capture.​

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Game of Intrigue: News and Rumors
While no one believes there will be a peaceful outcome to this conflict - the beating of swords resonates on both sides of the Strait of Britannia - some whisper that there is a power behind both sides manipulating events towards war and bloodshed. One who has something to gain from the conflict.
[/INDENT]
That's why I like intrigue, it is so,well, intriguing. Anyway who does have something to gain from a fullscale invasion of New Magincia? Doesn't it seem odd that a candidate for Council (before even being elected) has unilaterally declared war on New Magincia, claiming the righteous support of all Brittannia?

Odd Indeed

Think about how Palpatine used Naboo to grab power in The Phantom Menace (Yeah I know that movie kinda sucked, just roll with it lol)

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That movie sucked.

If New Mags and Brit had a war, I'm sure Brit would win with their larger army but support for New Mags will surely show up. Especially if we're paid.

L

LynneOfMagincia

If New Mags and Brit had a war, I'm sure Brit would win with their larger army but support for New Mags will surely show up. Especially if we're paid.
*grins* Payment comes in all forms. And you are welcome to think that....

N

NatalieVain

[RP]
As a residence of Magincia who fled the Daemon invasion, I recently returned to my former hometown to see that it's been slowly rebuild. Independent merchant stalls opened and beautiful houses erected. While the white marbled villas are far from the image of Humility that's intended by Lord British, it is much better than the prideful days of old.

However, I see that the political situation is not stable. Magincians want to secede from Britannia while Royal Britannian Guards prowl in the street to force order. There's a tense feeling all around close to the High Council election. I haven't been following politics lately but I know one thing. I do not want another war in Magincia so soon after the Daemon invasion. The result will be devastating. Whether it is independence or staying with Britannia, I only want peace for my flock.
[/RP]

L

Lindae

This is not the first report of his more violent tendancies.
Alouenikah is a bloodthirsty psychopath, as is evident from his chilling artwork.

http://i53.***********/2yovq14.png

I asked him to draw for me what his mind looked like. It was a harrowing insight.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was after the double does of meds was given, yes?

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rumors Continued -

I. Alouenikah of House Seiren has been murdered.

The nature of his demise remains unclear. But Nicholas Tarrant was witnessed dumping the mans corpse on the steps of the Sea Witch Tavern in Northern Magincia.

Valek and Annie of the NMTC discovered the corpse moments later and dragged it into the basement beneath the tavern.

The nature of his demise remains unclear. But Nicholas Tarrant was witnessed dumping his remains on the steps of the Sea Witch Tavern in Northern Magincia. Valek and Annie of the New Magincian Trading Co. discovered the corpse and dragged it into the basement beneath the tavern.

Lindae - upon receiving a note from Tarrant - discovered his lovers remains in the basement and returned them to Umbra. There Proserpina used her blood to return the corpse to a state of feral unlife.

It is unclear what arrangement the two had. There is no love lost between the Green Witch and the Patriarch of Umbra.

II. Sheep painted with the words No More War with Britannia and Find Peace Not War appear to have been distributed throughout the townships of Magincia and Luna these past nights.

Several were later found butchered by parties unknown, hanging from the trees of Western Magincia.

III. Screams were heard last night coming from the Hall of Worlds north of Serpents Pass.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again.

Murdered again.

Why do people hate my husband?

Let me tell you a story ... may help you feel better. When I was but a baby slug (Born in Trinsic in the old world) I was run out by the town guards within 24 hours. I then moved to the wilds of the crossroads between Britain and Skara Brae, where I must say I led a well, less than virtuous existence. More often than not i had a peculiar (yet exhilarating) crimson aura about me. This led to some disagreement among my family, long left behind. In fact my own mother published 2 books on the subject "1000 points of stupid (and how it's not a mother's fault)" and "why can't you just stay dead?" I hope this helps

L

Lindae

Let me tell you a story ... may help you feel better. When I was but a baby slug (Born in Trinsic in the old world) I was run out by the town guards within 24 hours. I then moved to the wilds of the crossroads between Britain and Skara Brae, where I must say I led a well, less than virtuous existence. More often than not i had a peculiar (yet exhilarating) crimson aura about me. This led to some disagreement among my family, long left behind. In fact my own mother published 2 books on the subject "1000 points of stupid (and how it's not a mother's fault)" and "why can't you just stay dead?" I hope this helps
It actually doesn't help at all, but I will shed a tear for you regardless.

I hope that one day you find a slugette and together you move into a nice pair of shells.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why thankee! *bows deeply*

I also wanted to tell you, my story has a happy ending. My entire family was served as a delicacy in the grand opening of the Trinsic restaurant "Le Lassie Faire"

So don't give up hope! You may as well have a quite agreeable outcome

And for those still around who ate my family as an appetizer .... you have my eternal gratitude

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I. A pair of rangers near Skara Brae - Preston and Erik - were found dead this morning in the woods near the Village.

While their bodies appear to have been drained of blood - prompting superstitious fears of Vampires and Ghouls - the mens throats were slashed open by a bladed instrument. Not pierced.

II. Alouenikah of House Seiren was brought back from his feral state earlier this evening and appears to be recovering from his wounds.

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After being beaten & subdued, Valek & Lynne of Magincia have been kidnapped. According to witnesses, Lady Claudia Drusilla & Lord Tokugawa of HearthFire Village, both of the victims were being dragged through a moongate while the witnesses watched helplessly from Tokugawa's sea-vessel. Both witnesses claim the kidnappers, six humanoids, were wearing gray hooded-shrouds & could not be identified. No official report has been filed with Magincia or Britain.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and in other news... cloudy with spotted sunshine throughout the day :danceb:
This weather report brought to you courtesy of the Fabulous Fern Goodfellow (and her very wealthy husband) Voting Fern never goes out of style!

(I owed ya a plug hehe)