• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[RP News] High Council Interview - Elladan Faeryn: Knight of the Virtues

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High Council Interview - Elladan Faeryn: Knight of the Virtues
WarderDragon

Your name. For those who have been living under a proverbial rock.

I am Elladan Faeryn.

And your profession, Master Faeryn?

Hm. An interesting question.

I am both an Armsman and Paladin. I manage a Castle and Estate.

Tell me, Master Faeryn. What motivated you to run for a Seat on the Council?

I was asked by kin and advisors to place my name forward. However, I was trained in diplomacy, heraldry and other useful skills in such Councils.

I love the Lands, the Realm, the Virtues ...and of course the People. Service is both an Honor and an Obligation.

You are a practitioner of the Virtue religion then?

My "faith" if you will is as a Follower of the One.

However, I am a student and follower of the Virtues given to us by Lord British.

You are known to be associated with the Fortress of Trinsic, and its people. Were you born here?

I was born in the lowlands west of Trinsic.

My parents were killed by invading Orcs. The Paladins of Trinsic took my brother and I in and raised us.

As one who lost his parents in such a tragic manner; as an elected official, how will you deal with the demihumans - such as Orcs - that border the Kingdom of Britannia?

A small number of demihumans as you call them or other species choose to live in harmony with the Elves, Humans, Gargoyles and others.

Law and Order apply to all civilized communities. Criminals must and ought be punished. Need I say more?

As someone born in Trinsic, how do you feel about Necromancers and those who practice the Black Art?

I have met Necromancers who themselves support Good in General. Defend the Realm against Invasions and more.

I have also met those in league with evil ends. Those I oppose and would ask others to oppose.

You may remember Juo'nar had Necromancers with him AND against him. I support causes of Law and Good.

Then under your leadership, would the old laws against necromancy change?

May you cite some specific laws?

In the days of Cantabrigian, the Necromantic arts were considered to be Evil, and therefore their practice, banned.

It is my understanding that the Paladins of Trinsic have long opposed the Necromancer Clans.

I take note that the Paladins of Luna war not unceasingly with the Umbrans.

I would let the test be the ancient struggle of Good and Evil. Though I prefer necromancy be abandoned, my view is but one of many. Laws may be repealed, passed and made more current. I seek Unity where it may be achieved.

Peace through strength seems about right.

Speaking of Unity, how do you feel about the push by the Magincians to ceceed from Britannia.

I am utterly and completely opposed to it!

And as an elected official, how do you intend to deal with the Magincians?

Some of New Magincia's residents have short memories. Or have learned nothing. The Eight Virtues are honored by Eight Shrines. Eight Towns or Cities dedicated to these Virtues.

Magincia, and now New Magincia, is the Official City of Humility. I cannot see how one may reduce the Virtues from 8 to 7.

The Magincians risk divine disfavor. And punishment. To want that is madness. They risk Civil War, again madness. And would they have their moongate disabled and a sea blockade in place? Would they?

And how do you feel about the Magincians denouncement of Humility, and rejection of their place as a Virtue City?

If they insist upon war ...I would gladly grant them that wish.

They tried this once before. It ended in their utter destruction. If elected, my voice on the Council would speak against dividing Britannia. Weakness would be the undoing of ALL!

I would call their representatives to explain their grievances. They seem premature, hasty and foolish to me. Not to mention full of PRIDE.

Let them embrace Humility. It may yet save them.

And if they do not?

I will not stand idly by and see the realm divided. How many years did Magincia lay ...a wasteland. Inhabited only by Ghosts and ...Katrina.

And would you kill, Master Faeryn, to see the realm remain whole?

I am no stranger to Death. Nor to War.

I rush not towards them. Nor shrink from duty. I look forward to discussing this Question with Captain Jenkins.

You spoke of other towns and villages earlier, that ceceeded, that Casca wished to bring back into Britannia.

Are you in support of their independence, or would you bring them back into a United Britannia?

If these self described indepdendent "kingdoms" faced Blackrock Golems, or worse, to the point they could neither enter nor exit their homes, would they seek help from the Britannians?

I believe they would.

Lord British never openly recognized their Independence. However, I prefer to see others enter the realm by assent, or treaty, as Lord British did long ago.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We faced worse than just Blackrock Golems and their benefactor was none other the one who laid claim to the Brit throne at the time. Small wonder the "royal" coffers still lay empty.

We'll watch over ourselves, thank you very much.

Good interview though. Very interesting point made about Magincia being one of the 8 Virtues.