• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RP-Heavy Guilds and Themes

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, all.

As of late, I've been considering looking to join another guild on Catskills. I've been with PGoH since the first few months of it's inception, and they have never been less than a kind, good guild.. And even though I've been gone for long periods of time, whenever I returned, PGoH was home.

But as of late, I feel the "fit" is wearing off. It my be due to my odd hours of play, and I just happen to be on when no one else is. It could be simply the fact that the people in the guild now are not the people I joined with, or had strong ties to. It could be that I'm usually very strongly focused on RP, even in guild chat (At least with one character.. A fact that I know has bothered at least one other member). It could also be that I haven't had the time available to commit to any of the guilds activities due to my fluctuating schedule, so there isn't much of a chance to form any new bonds.

Regardless of the reason, my limited play time and fairly self-contained playstyle has left me completely ignorant of the larger community. I don't even use IM programs like ICQ and whatnot outside of the game anymore.

So to the point: Are there any recommendations for a RP-Heavy, military-style (Ranks, uniforms, etc.) active guilds that anyone is aware of that wouldn't mind a casual member on Catskills? It'd be equally nice if they had some kind of website with more information about the guild that I could read as well. Size isn't really important. I'm more interested in theme or RP style, relatively lively guild chat, and the character of their members.

If not.. would anyone be interested in forming one?

Thanks guys!

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....... Yeah, so, I have a reading problem as well(?). rolleyes:

Thanks for the pointer. Are there any others that people are aware of besides those 4?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The list of guilds I can give you is mainly the larger more well known ones, and I'm not even sure of their RP and such. (not 100% sure of the accuracy of their tags either)

Gentle Rest Inn (GRI)
United Pirates (UP)
Blunt Logic (B*L)
Purple Guardians of Honor (PGoH)
NME <-- Not even sure of their actual name.
Order of the Shield (O*S)

and then there's my guild: Senior Citizens of Catskills (SC*C), but at this point the majority of my guildies have moved over to Siege pretty much full time, so I think I'm the only active member left on Cats. Of the 18 characters listed on our roster at UO.com 12 of those 18 listed are my characters.

C

CatLord

" Torm's Justice - an introduction

Goals
Our Duty:
To live by the teachings Torm and dispel the injustice and evil from Sosaria.
"Deliver justice to the evil, dishonest, and wantonly destructive..."
"Serve as the sword arm of justice, the righteous fury of the just, enacting vengeful wrath on the evil and deceitful."

The Code of Torm
Be the champion of the weak and the defenseless.
Be stern, unyielding and unswerving in your battles with evil.
Obey your heart with alert judgment and anticipation.
Serve the common good and the rule law established by honorable rulers.
Seek prowess and skill in all endeavors.
Stand ever alert against corruption.
Every failure of duty diminishes Torm and every success adds to his luster.
Be ever mindful of the code , and use them in your actions to swiftly enact justice.

A Paladin's Prayer
Torm, the True God.
Release me from my sins.
Let me face Your enemies,
With my weapons and my Faith.
Let me be the bringer of Your Justice,
and deliver this World of them.
I place my soul on Your hands,
and my worthless body before You.
I ask only for Strength and Conviction,
to bring down Forces of Evil and Darkness.
Victory or Defeat,
Life or Death,
I care not.
I only pray that I will bring Honour to Your Name,
And Your Justice for all.

(OOC)
Members of DUTY are paladins of all skill sets. All skills are welcome with the exception of skills that allow you to portray yourself as evil. For example, if your character is skilled as a necromancer, this does not follow the RP standards of the guild and while you may have them on your character, you may not use the skills during any RP engagement.
DUTY will war/fight against other RP guilds in the Trammel facet.
DUTY is an RP/PVP [TB] factioned guild. DUTY will operate primarily in the trammel facet...

Alignment
Lawful Good
Chaotic Good

A TormTar's Contemplation on the aspect of DUTY
Only through my Death may I complete my Fight and be free of my sins. Only through my Death in battle against Evil people will see that the Loyal Fury stands adamant in His promise to protect them.

Stand every alert against corruption.

Strike quickly and forcefully against rot in the hearts of mortals.

Bring painful, quick death to traitors.

Stern, Righteous, and Unyielding I will be. No quarter will be asked. None shall be given. Every warrior of good who gives his life fighting against Evil will bring forth ten more. Every warrior of evil who is slain, drives ten more out of their ranks.

I have the proof I need. Of them. Of myself. They are Evil. I am worth nothing. So, by giving my life taking them down, I exchange something worthless for better tomorrow. Any merchant would consider that a good deal.

Rules of Engagement
The following simple rules were determined to make guild interaction and guild wars more fun, by adding a minimum of role playing background to conflicts and avoiding grieving of other players. They should apply to all guilds declaring war on us (and on each other). All involved guilds should decide for themselves on the extent of their role playing.
• GIVE YOUR CONFLICT A BACKGROUND! We are no murderers! We focus on guild wars with some role playing background. Guild wars are meant to be a challenge and fun to all parties involved! We do not go on mindless killing sprees.

• NO LOOTING! Looting in guild wars is strictly forbidden! The remains of your victim always stay untouched! However, although all GM's check their applicants carefully before adding them, it can never fully be guaranteed that a black sheep hasn't sneaked into a guild and breaks this rule. Thus it is strongly recommended to insure valuable items!

• NO KILLING ON SIGHT! Killing on sight is to be avoided, except in specially arranged war situations! If you attack an enemy, there should always be a context to it. Maybe he refused to pay tribute. Or he provoked an attack. There are many reasons to start fighting. But we do not attack without a reason and we do not attack on sight!

• NO ATTACKING OF THE DEFENSELESS! Attacking people while they are obviously away from the keyboard, while they are at the bank, or immediately after resurrection (res killing), is not allowed! The victim should be given a fair chance to defend himself or flee. (Exception: Specially arranged battle situations, in consent with the enemy guild.) People who explicitly don't want to fight, must not be forced to fight!

• ANY EQUIPMENT, ANY TACTICS! You are allowed to use your favorite equipment and combat strategy in guild wars. Restrictions always penalize someone and spoil the fun. You will soon find out that your tactics and coordination weigh much more than items.

• NO WHINING! If you feel that something unfair happened, talk to your guild master! Public whining and complaining (especially in front of other guilds) are frowned upon. Everything can be worked out, if the parties concerned with the incident really want to solve the issue. UO is a game and it should be fun!

• SHOW YOUR ALLEGIANCE! Make sure to show your guild abbreviation (option can be checked in the paperdoll menu at "guild"). People have the right to know who they're dealing with.

• DYING IN BATTLE! If you die in a guild war, you should remain in yer death robe for roundabout 30 minutes before re-joining the battle (unless arranged otherways for certain battle situations).

The ROE listed above follow the Catskills RP guidelines and I have copied the text as used by the United Pirates[UP]. This will ensure we are following the same ROE.
Infractions of the ROE will not be tolerated under any circumstances. If there is a report in the trammel facet of a guild member breaking the ROE, the guild-mate will be immediately removed for the safety of all players. If the member is found to be innocent of the report, they will be re-guilded.

Reported infractions of the ROE while in the Felucca facet will be investigated and if the guild member is found to have broken the ROE penalties will be incurred by the guild member. 3 proven infractions will result in removal from DUTY.

Members of DUTY hold themselves to a much higher standard of behavior since we enact justice upon the evil of Sosaria. As such, engaging another player in "smack talk" lowers this standard of behavior and is discouraged.

Circle Alliance Rules
Members of DUTY are also members of the circle alliance and as such will follow the circles rules of behavior.
Rules:
1. No foul language
2. No attacking alliance/guild members whether in the Trammel or Felucca facet.
3. Respect yourself and others, this includes and is not limited to our guild mates as well as our foes.

TormTar Ranks and Colors

1. Cadets, Dark Crimson
2. Faithblades, Rose Red
3. Wardens, Deep Amber
4. Vigilants, Harvest Yellow
5. Defenders, Pale Green
6. Enforcers, Dragon Green
7. Guardians, Sky Blue
8. Knights, Metallic Blue
9. Vanguardiers, Amethyst
10. Champions Dusky, Purple
11. Holy Champions, Unadorned Metal

If you are worthy of Torm and wish to apply for membership, please contact Mathena by sending a pigeon-o-gram here or to these icq coordinates 379-133-590

Signed: Mathena"

From what I understand... DUTY is a guild of Knight Errants... that learn about the lands lore and the community...
They act as sentries and watchfull warriors... defenders of those communities...
They are also diplomats and quiet observers... sending their findings to the HQ... the EyE of the Storm.

The Quest/Rank system is personal and unbiased... so there are no gm favorites... just meritocracy... so YOU decide its Path.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, that's you? I would have figured you'd have come up with some sort of matching tag. Like "> : (" or something.

[edit]
Stupid BB code made me but extra spaces in.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The list of guilds I can give you is mainly the larger more well known ones, and I'm not even sure of their RP and such. (not 100% sure of the accuracy of their tags either)

[...]
United Pirates (UP)
Since we are pirates, we are not at all military-style. And the only uniform we wear, is a pirate hat. Har!

Our homepage is easy to find if you enter our guild name in Google.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Oh, that's you? I would have figured you'd have come up with some sort of matching tag. Like "> : (" or something.

[edit]
Stupid BB code made me but extra spaces in.
Haha. I didn't make the guild I inherited it.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NME <-- Not even sure of their actual name.
OMG it's
Visiofelicitaphiliacs.
And everyone who is ANYONE knows what that means!

:lol::thumbup1::)
If flutter hadn't told you you I would have and it means having an affinity for emoticons. (something I do not have but whatever)

[...]
United Pirates (UP)
Since we are pirates, we are not at all military-style. And the only uniform we wear, is a pirate hat. Har!

Our homepage is easy to find if you enter our guild name in Google.
Best bet for heavy RP, If you can tolerate the pirate smell, Lifestyle, and people who may not be as entrenched in RP as you, Coldren, Although they aren't the "Good Guys" but then again I wouldn't consider PGoH the good guys at this point either haha.

There are the Fae but they are crazy, the undead, but they play with limbs and smell awful, the Yewish but I have no clue what they actually do.
And this is me going from what was going on in January.

Return time estimated at 1 month and counting.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not many RP heavy guilds on Cats that still demand such adherence to a uniform code. Only know of PGOH that is military in origin. Most RP guilds are a bit more relaxed to allow their members the freedom to play their own characters. And really, few these days seem to want to have too many rules pounded into their heads.

If you do like something a bit structured, I would recommend UP. The pirates may not all dress exactly alike, but they do at least follow a code. Well, the code is more like guidelines, but I think they may satisfy your needs.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see Aedon did not put in a plug for his guild, Aegis (Technically Village of Aegis).

Aedon is a great leader and although not military, still heavily RP centric. One would be hard pressed to not find honor among them. I'd join but being of a darker persuasion and all...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Not many RP heavy guilds on Cats that still demand such adherence to a uniform code. Only know of PGOH that is military in origin. Most RP guilds are a bit more relaxed to allow their members the freedom to play their own characters. And really, few these days seem to want to have too many rules pounded into their heads.

If you do like something a bit structured, I would recommend UP. The pirates may not all dress exactly alike, but they do at least follow a code. Well, the code is more like fuidelines, but I think they may satisfy your needs.

Best of luck to you.
Hey I follow a code!
The code is: 2C548-V7B46-15G48

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*copies down Flutter's code*

Well Podo, Aegis is a lose knit motley crew, then a structured guild. I am more into naked celtic fighting then uniforms. And for the most part, I no longer recruit. I leave that mess to those with more patience and less gray hair then I have. But thank you old friend for the mention.

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh, PGoH is still around?

...Coulda fooled me.
Did you miss the herald post? We're still "around", figuratively speaking.. Though it's been quite quiet while I've been on.

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

I've considered UP before, from the RP standpoint, but to be frank, I'm not so much into pirates. No offense guys. From what I've heard, you guys are good at RP'ing as pirates, but it's just not my thing.

And while I like the militaristic structure and uniforms, that's a flexible point. The only time it really, really mattered that you be in uniform was when it was an event or you were in some fashion representing the guild in an RP setting. It didn't matter much what you wore pre-AoS, since equipment differences weren't so vast that you were really hurting yourself by wearing plate or chain instead of leather. It's the consistency and sense of purpose of these things that I always appreciated, but these days, I guess it's not as important.

How active is your guild, Aedon?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coldren, Right now there is a general lag in RP. This is mostly due to the coming of finals in college and HS and the change of the seasons. For this reason, Aegis is mostly biding its time.

When things are in full swing, I mostly run the Knight's Rest in Aegis, and help out with festivals and such. If you are looking for a very active RP guild at this time I would think the pickings are slim.

If like to fanf folks, there is the Solantavo Syndicate. They have great leadership and a beautiful town.

If dressing up as a faerie is your style, there is the Freehold of Roses and Freehold of Dragon's Icefall.

For snooty elves, there is Heart of Silverwood.

There are many more good RP guilds still on cats, including PGOH, but right now we are all in a state of flux. My advise to you would be for the time to stick it out with the Guardians and see if things pick up soon. Do come visit us in the other RP villages, and when things pick up, if you are still looking for a new home, I am sure any of us would be happy to welcome you.

PS, I like pirtates, but they all smell like rum.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PGoH is a great guild. I couldn't recommend them enough.

But a few of the key members are busy with school, others with real life issues, so they're having a little down time right now. But for structure, that's about the best you'll get on Catskills. We dislike structure. A lot.

I understand not liking pirates... Aneirin don't like landlubbers, so it's all good!
(I dislike roleplaying a soldier type. I played one in real life, and that was enough.)

I also couldn't recommend the village of Aegis enough, since Aegis is pretty much the unofficial "hub" of Catskills roleplay. And that Aedon guy is a real nice potayto-eater.

But don't tell him I said that.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PGoH is a great guild. I couldn't recommend them enough.

But a few of the key members are busy with school, others with real life issues, so they're having a little down time right now. But for structure, that's about the best you'll get on Catskills. We dislike structure. A lot.

I understand not liking pirates... Aneirin don't like landlubbers, so it's all good!
(I dislike roleplaying a soldier type. I played one in real life, and that was enough.)

I also couldn't recommend the village of Aegis enough, since Aegis is pretty much the unofficial "hub" of Catskills roleplay. And that Aedon guy is a real nice potayto-eater.

But don't tell him I said that.
I'd have to agree but PGoH they want henchmen not soldiers at least that's what I think they secretly want before they march on britain in their frilly purple aprons. I say this while actually being in the guild on a few of my characters so you know they will do IT! Meanwhile I'll be on Rotep at the same time trying to take over Aedons tavern by trying to putty knife the freeholds flag off the counter and plant The Smiley Flag Of CHAOS.
But will ultimately fail meanwhile everyone will be wondering if Rotep can actually be a human or is just a very well disguised Fae.

At the same time the pirates will most likely be trashed on rum.

But if you want a structure like an army, Europa will have exactly what you want plus non magic crap which is pretty good for starting a new shard no pressure to get gimp items. Also if your hours are really irregular like early morning to around 3 pm EST it would be perfect for catching people.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Podolak's dark side:
(I promise it's safe to click. No gross feet.)

(its as dark as light toast)
I have to presume that is better than burnt toast...at least I got toasted a little bit!

CharlieTib

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi coldren!!!! ^.^

I say just leave the guild,im sorry but i cant say anything good about the new ''pgoh'',with how its run anyway. I dont know too much about the rp guilds anymore,i do still know the leaders of many of them but that doesnt help with a guild style.I dont mind helping you somehow though if you need me to do something for you.You were a good guardian,i knew you pretty well and i am glad i got to know you.

Feel free to pm me here or if you catch me on icq.

--Charlie Tiberius

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Flutter magically does one of her hugest pet peeves.
Thread res!!
How many of these guilds are still active?
I read a post today in the SoA forums that they are trying to res Visiofelicitaphiliacs to it's "pre-stully" days before all the DB4 got recruited. I laughed because it was Zedd who recruited almost every one of the DB4 not me. I just inherited the mess. They've asked DB4 to make a guild so they can be "arch enemies" again lol

Anyhow that being said who is still active.
What guilds do we have still? What new guilds have been formed?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like bringing threads back from the dead, it's not a pretty picture.

My guild is gone, thank the great Rowan. I have no plans, thoughts or nightmares of restarting it at any time in the known or unknown future.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I don't like bringing threads back from the dead, it's not a pretty picture.

My guild is gone, thank the great Rowan. I have no plans, thoughts or nightmares of restarting it at any time in the known or unknown future.
I am gonna RP you RPing!

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Freehold of Roses is but a shadow of its former self, I believe there are 2 remaining active members. The Solantavo Syndicate is inactive but the Istas Library is being maintained.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well CoD is alive and well and it has many different sub-guild groups that it runs: the Naval Fleet (High Seas Req), the Black Hand (PvP), the Beast Legion (Tamers), and the Citizens of the State (based on Royalty and Nobility --- citizens of Umbra and West/East Umbra). In addition, we also run as a separate stone two other RP themes: one for the Royal Britannian Guards (Umbra's Chapter) which has a military style to it and the other is the Trade and Commerce Commission (each city has its own chapter of it).

On top of that, we also run the Order vs. Chaos RPvP Theme --- mind you its stagnant right now until we can find guilds willing to join one of the two alliances and engage in a more structured style of PvP --- one with Rules of Engagement. Used to be a big deal, but its hard without support. It was however I think one of our best ideas.

Websites:

www.childrenofdarkness.com
www.royalbritannianguard.com
www.ordervschaos.org

~ Sue.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Freehold of Roses is but a shadow of its former self, I believe there are 2 remaining active members. The Solantavo Syndicate is inactive but the Istas Library is being maintained.
I went by Istas and at least in its physical self the city is gone. The museum and all the buildings, except the library yes, all gone. :(

The Library says its closed, some of the bookshelves are accessible and the books are still in there, but the building is marked as CLOSED. I wonder if anyone has ever thought of screen shots of the books themselves, page by page, and putting them on a site like Flickr or Facebook or something that is sure to last? Would hate to ever loose that.

~ Sue.

Last edited:

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the Istas Library books are backed up for safe keeping and the books are in the process of being cataloged and stored so the library can be prepared to stand on its own without public support.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the Istas Library books are backed up for safe keeping and the books are in the process of being cataloged and stored so the library can be prepared to stand on its own without public support.
I cannot begin to express my gratitude and contentment at this endeavor, Miss Grey. It is a priceless piece of Catskill's history! I cannot say enough about my interactions with those that had called Istas their home, however brief they may have been since my return to this world came at the end of theirs. Always maintained a level of class, neutrality, and exceptional storytelling. Alongside my leaders and those that proudly wear our family's tag we thank you for the hard work and look forward to being able to see a website where we can revisit those stories.

~ Sue.

Last edited: