• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Royal Guard Training Session (EM RP event - Thur. April 15th)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i almost wish we had some sort of place to post these.

allmost like a event forum.

damn that would be cool.

an event forum where we could put event posts.

Ansatsu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Tiri.. People are more likely to see an event posted here.. I for one am a lazy lazy man.. And having to click into a separate forum to see if there's an upcoming event seems pointless to me... An event should be posted where all can see so more people will be likely to attend.. Not in a separate forum where no one will see..

T

ThraximusZog

Just promise them free rare artis and 500 ppl will show up.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

damn that would be cool.

Your sarcasm is quite misplaced. Shard forums are perfectly suitable for players to advertise EM events. Try checking out other shard forums if you want precedence.

EM Event forums are primarily for Event Moderators to be able to post. That does not mean players cannot advertise events on the shard forum.

L

Lessa/Isis

It's nice you all have an events forum, but no one looks at .
At least someone try's to let other's know what is happening,

Ansatsu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes we are very lucky to have Queen Mum.. She is quite good at letting everyone know when there is an EM event or any other types of happenings on the shard.. And It really good to see that her posts won't be forced into a forum that no one will look at!

T

ThraximusZog

Queen Mum has political control to do whatever she wants. If you mock her you risk banning by the Superfriends that run your server.

Soon they shall come for you at night if you don't speak out and resist this fascist era of Cookies und Milk!!!! :)

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

damn that would be cool.

Your sarcasm is quite misplaced. Shard forums are perfectly suitable for players to advertise EM events. Try checking out other shard forums if you want precedence.

EM Event forums are primarily for Event Moderators to be able to post. That does not mean players cannot advertise events on the shard forum.
As the rares forum is not a shard you probably dont notice this but Shard forums have Event specific sub forums, along with EM specific sub forums. Posters are asked and encouraged to post their events in the event forum. This was a change that just appened a few months ago, the mods and the posters are still trying to adjust to this.

Before when a poster submited an event we approved it and it popped up on the main forum and stayed there. Now all the events are within the sub forum that anyone can access and post to(mods have to approve the posts).

Hope that clears things up.

If an Admin could add their 2 cents in on this that would be great. I was probably incorrect somewhere and would love to know how it works exactly.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi *smiles*

Let me clarify a few things that might assist the community with events both player run and Event Moderator run.

First of all, when alerting the community of things to do in game, a good rule of thumb is, all news is good news :)

Most shards have a dedicated Shard News Reporter and events such as these are usually posted to the Front Page News, the Shard Public Forums and in most cases, the Calendar. The EM forums are designed as an area to interact with your shard EMs and discuss events.

When an event is known or sent to [email protected], we post it up.

Thankfully Queen Mum and whoever else contributes continues to post up relative news for the community. Where we can, we assist them even if understaffed.

Andrasta has Sonoma on her radar I'm sure so don't be surprised with a dual response from us as News Administrators.

Just please be reminded, when something benefits your community and offers you an opportunity to do something, a thank you is more appropriate than a scowl.

We also offer the opportunity to be a part of Stratics Staff as reporters. Please PM Andrasta or myself for an applicaton as we'd love to see a reporter for Sonoma!

Thank you,
AirmidCecht
UO Stratics News Administrator