• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Riding Swip-- Minirant/suggestions

G

Green Meanie

Riding swip is too much. In an even number group fight its a permanet dismount. Im tired of Getting dismounted my pet half lifed (becouse most the time if they killed it in 1 aid i could res it and remount <<<< All my chars are faction chars) and me perma stuck on foot. Sure i have an eithy and i do my best to mount it but in the mockery of todays pvp i have to mount through 1 cu 2 greater dragons 2 disarm evaiders and occasionaly a mage.

Suggestions I find aproperait

either

Make it just like standard dismount but damages pet.

Or

Make it untill pet is healed or 20 seconds witchever comes first

Or

Make it untill the pet is healed the amount of damage done to it by the riding swip and not any damage done after that

/end rant

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your argument is terrible, none of these should be problems in an even number fight, making the entire base of this argument null & void! You want to cry about losing even numbers, then pvp with better people.

G

Green Meanie

OK hows this for a better point compaired to any other form of dismount riding swip is more powerfull. In UO ability to move is the most important thing to survival in a field fight all im asking for is something to bring riding swip more in line of other chars. Heres a point to show how stupid it can be my war horse i was riding swiped off of left at 2 hps without help from a guildie can be mounted faster by killing it and resing it than waiting for it to regen its hp as i have no way to heal the pet other than 0 vet skill and bandaids. Who wants to spend 20 mins waiting for the pet to heal to remount it

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You DO know you can close wounds? I suggest having some means of taking care of your live horse or going without it.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least I can see riding swipe coming at me and is only possible at melee range. This is much much more balanced than dismount attack used by an archer. Instant ranged dismount coming out of no where that also does a tons of damage thanks to the uber base dmg of a HXbow if used by a stealth archer is much more stupid.

Even worse with some easy easy macros a ranged dismount can be used damn near mounted speed. (running toward someone on your mount, dismount self + instant RANGED dismount shot is much more ********).

Dismount, all kill, moving shot spam zero skill gimp tamer archers anyone? The new gimplet of the century.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I think is; the Dismount special should be the same as riding swipe. Either change one or the other. I mean mounted; u cant even TOGGLE the dismount special, and if you are on foot then remount and happen to have it and hit; it does nothing. And when you do dismount someone, there animal follows, and they usually get back on foot before you can.

So either make dismount like riding swipe, or make riding swipe like dismount :lick:

Just my opinion. Both are fine; jus make them similar. (go one route or the other)

R

RichDC

Dont change any of them, there is really no need whatsoever!
Riding swipe has advantages over dismount, dismount has advantages over riding swipe...there meant to be different so leave them as they are.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thing is I'm still waiting for the riding swipe to be added to the lance. Really need that jousting from a mount on the lance for events. Could also make the damage from the riding swipe more like a pain spike necro spell, damage return on a timer.

R

RichDC

You used to be able to dismount on a horse with the lance...if not it should be put back...if so its fine as it is.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lances dismount if both players are on horses with lances armed. You can still joust.

Riding swipe is on only one weapon (as a secondary too), It's slow, you have to be on foot, and it's not powerful for a 2 hander. It's about the only good thing on the No-Dachi.
I learned a long time ago about this special and how to deal with it from the ninjas and samauri in Tokuno. They always pull this off. My warrior can close wounds or cast Gift of Renewal on the pet.

Let it be. There are much worse things to fix.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a thought - stop crying, get a trapped box, and pop it when they hit you with a para shot.

T

Turdnugget

I love my riding swipe... it does have it's downfalls though.

If I'm attacking a grey player, and their is still blue, if I get on foot to use riding swipe, guess what happens? I flag their pet and turn grey, thus leaving me as open game to anyone, not just the person i'm flagged on.

If I dismount a tamer, I get the wrath of their pet automatically on me.

Dunno why you want your faction horse at full health either. Just about everyone I see in factions leaves their horse near dead so it's less time on foot for them. Easier for someone to one-shot kill a faction horse, the faction player to rez it up and mount, than it is for someone to kill the horse with 240hit points. The faction player then has to heal their pet even more just to be able to remount, more time on foot = easier to kill... that's why most leave it near dead so in one shot/spell it can be rez'd up and ridden. A lot faster than if it were at full health.

I don't see an issue with riding swipe how it is. While mounted you paralyze the person, sometimes it breaks para if you got hit spell on it. And whoever said no-dachi is worthless other than riding swipe you're sadly mistaken.

I love my no-dachi. 15 SSI, 40 DI, 45 Mana Leech, 44 Fireball. Riding swipe, hit crushing blow, LS, switch to bokuto NS... etc etc...

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK hows this for a better point compaired to any other form of dismount riding swip is more powerfull. In UO ability to move is the most important thing to survival in a field fight all im asking for is something to bring riding swip more in line of other chars. Heres a point to show how stupid it can be my war horse i was riding swiped off of left at 2 hps without help from a guildie can be mounted faster by killing it and resing it than waiting for it to regen its hp as i have no way to heal the pet other than 0 vet skill and bandaids. Who wants to spend 20 mins waiting for the pet to heal to remount it
Kill your war horse (or tell it to attck a dexxer). Once it is dead (easy when it is at 2 hp), apply a bandage.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't say No-Dachi was worthless, just pointing out that it has it's negatives, therefore, doesn't need nerfing via nerfing the Riding Swipe (being that THIS is the only weap that has this unique special as far as I see).
If riding swipe was nerfed, then IMO, I'd find a bola more useful since it always hits, fires from afar, and leaves my hands free to chug.

No-Dachi is balanced and should stay as is and leave Riding Swipe alone.

R

RichDC

I didn't say No-Dachi was worthless, just pointing out that it has it's negatives, therefore, doesn't need nerfing via nerfing the Riding Swipe (being that THIS is the only weap that has this unique special as far as I see).
If riding swipe was nerfed, then IMO, I'd find a bola more useful since it always hits, fires from afar, and leaves my hands free to chug.

No-Dachi is balanced and should stay as is and leave Riding Swipe alone.

Agreed