• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reverting Computer..now get Cliloc errors

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i patched UO on Monday. Tuesday night computer went nuts and i had to revert. i had to revert back to monday. i going to guess the revert pt was before the patch. Now i get MegaCliloc errors on most if not all new stuff.

Anyone have a clue how i can fix this without reinstalling UO. If i have to i will but it will be next before i can.. i am getting broadband next week so i can patch better than i can on dialup.

Thank you

Luc of Legends

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cliloc errors happen when UO isnt patched. only thing i can think of is you need to repatch, but that may not be possible becuase of how the revert handled the client. Check your patch folder and make sure its empty?

there were times when i had problems with patches, and had a friend send me their client.exe file and i replaced mine with theirs. Obviously if your going to try that make sure its a trusted friend. this had worked for me in the past, and could be a solution.

other than that, a reinstall is the only solution i can come up with.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i patched UO on Monday. Tuesday night computer went nuts and i had to revert. i had to revert back to monday. i going to guess the revert pt was before the patch. Now i get MegaCliloc errors on most if not all new stuff.

Anyone have a clue how i can fix this without reinstalling UO. If i have to i will but it will be next before i can.. i am getting broadband next week so i can patch better than i can on dialup.

Thank you

Luc of Legends
Can I ask what are the steps you did to revert? Windows system restore?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right, Cliloc errors are from a failed or partial patch. I haven't been able to patch my client, tho I try everyday, this last time. So all my seeds have Cliloc errors. I have been too lazy to create a patch from my husband's computer, so I am just dealing with it :)

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bomb Bloke.. no it didn't attempt to repatch.

yeah i kinda figured it was a patch issue.

Harlequin- i use Windows System restore (okay now i wish i thought things thru.)

Yes the patch folder is empty.. 1st thing i check.

Well if file isnt to big maybe i can flashdrive it from one computer to the other.

Thank you for all the help.

Note Self : "never work on the computer at 1AM anymore." :)