• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Revert + shard transfer = lost items....

Did you lose anything in the revert?

• Yes - Something Major

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Yes - Something Minor

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No, Nothing

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In an effort to not grind yet another character in joining Chad for something to do in my downtime (http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-atlantic/228496-newb-central-[0_o].html) I did a shard transfer a few days ago. I just logged in today to finish it up before it's too late and.....

why am i wearing my old armor????

oh sh....

It seems the revert un-moved things I had moved out of my transfer crate, but I couldn't care less, all I had left it in there were a few minor arties I couldn't fit in my bank and didn't want to carry around with me while scouting. They were essentially lost to the nether as the crate was already empty but the items were gone. That doesn't bother me too much though, nothing in there was irreplacable or valuable. (but the issue should still be fixed....)

What does bug me though is I claimed a soulstone which was evidently reverted...and now I neither have the soulstone nor the option to re-claim it. EA support has been.....less than helpful and I'm sick of waiting for a GM that never shows up in game. (waited 2 hours tonight, work night, can't wait around 6 hours like i normally do, not to mention I don't even mean to be playing at all right now...I just wanted to finish the transfer since I'd already started it...)

I have made this post here in the hopes that anyone else that lost anything could chime in, perhaps my case was a case of double bad timing (claiming a soulstone AND finishing a character transfer the night before the shard was reverted)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That totally sucks. :(

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can tell you from experience that its a painful process to solve your problem. I had this issue happen in April of this year, the last time the shard was mega reverted (I think we lost the whole day).

I had just bought and claimed a shiny new Smuggler's Edge for the thief I was building at the time. Revert happens, I log back in, and no Smugger's Edge. Code doesn't work, I page a GM. Useless step.

I call customer service, they say there is nothing they can do. I say I want a higher level representative, and that I had paid good money (however insignificant the amount may have been) for an item and now I don't have it. I basically accused them in a polite way of robbing me for 7 bucks.

Didn't work, nada. So I email. And I email and I email. Multiple replies, in fact they even sent me more codes (that, oh my, didn't work!).

Long story short, it took me 6 months of complaining, calling, and e-mailing, and I never did get the original Smuggler's Edge I bought. They gave me 6 months free game time, which I thought was fair, since they stole my money for 6 months =)

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In an effort to not grind yet another character in joining Chad for something to do in my downtime (http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-atlantic/228496-newb-central-[0_o].html) I did a shard transfer a few days ago. I just logged in today to finish it up before it's too late and.....

why am i wearing my old armor????

oh sh....

It seems the revert un-moved things I had moved out of my transfer crate, but I couldn't care less, all I had left it in there were a few minor arties I couldn't fit in my bank and didn't want to carry around with me while scouting. They were essentially lost to the nether as the crate was already empty but the items were gone. That doesn't bother me too much though, nothing in there was irreplacable or valuable. (but the issue should still be fixed....)

What does bug me though is I claimed a soulstone which was evidently reverted...and now I neither have the soulstone nor the option to re-claim it. EA support has been.....less than helpful and I'm sick of waiting for a GM that never shows up in game. (waited 2 hours tonight, work night, can't wait around 6 hours like i normally do, not to mention I don't even mean to be playing at all right now...I just wanted to finish the transfer since I'd already started it...)

I have made this post here in the hopes that anyone else that lost anything could chime in, perhaps my case was a case of double bad timing (claiming a soulstone AND finishing a character transfer the night before the shard was reverted)
SP karma rocks...

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey now, never said I'm quitting siege :) I just wanted something that I could do in 10-15 minute spans when I don't have time to play for 4-5 hours. (Being a thief is....time consuming to say the least). Randomly murdering ATL's pvper population with nothing to lose sounded like as good of a thing as any.

I've already sunk nearly a day into trying to get this fixed, so I'm at plan C now. EA isn't going to get $9 for free from me, so what it will cost them is two of my accounts, which I'm deactivating now. (I was kinda debating on a third, but that would mean giving up my brit gate house on siege..and I like that house)