• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

revenge

S

susan4633

Hi everyone,
really sorry you guys went sad. i'd like to set up a revenge run tomorrow if possible. since elga and i won't be da'ing anymore on monday night, is anyone interested in revenge?
susan

D

dizzy loopenwig

I'm interested. I'm pacific time, and did promise the girls I'd take them swimming tomorrow, so not sure what time tomorrow I can do it. Just let me know when and I'll let you know if I can be there. If I take them at night (usually do, less crowded) I will be gone from 6pm to 8pm PST. Can do it before then, around 4pm pst maybe or 5pm pst.

G

greenesg

To the toons on the CJ run; it was a tough battle, sorry we got sad. I am taking the family on vacation this week and my wife banned me from TT during the trip. Have fun, and good luck on the revenge run. See you all next week.

F

Flippers

I dont know about plumbody special, but I think we need like three revenge runs for the ones we've lost. We must be at some jinxed level.

As it was I went with CCG and broke the curse later on. FINALLY! But I need my revenges lol - we were both set back by about a week of attempts.

Ironically two other ubers from the first revenge run (with the cowardly duck) were on the platform, one with me on the run. The prize?

Time? District?

A

ATIV7220

I'm not sure if you're referring to a revenge VP run, but my son (plays August the green rabbit) and I might be up for another run.

I had a technical difficulty on the regular run and got cut off from Toontown. After the CJ run, my son, Elga, Trish, and I went a on revenge run on the VP with four randoms. We all made it through minus one random and Trish had some trouble getting everyone to cooperate on the skelecogs, but I got my Sellbot promotion. Thanks to you both for sticking around.

Please post the time and district and we'll see if we can make it. Thanks.

S

soupandquackers

yeah, we do need a lot of revenge runs i have lost 3-4 straight vps with my uber bc of misscomunication or something else. It seems like i win when the prize is something like sofie squirt or proffeser gufaw and i seem to lose on so far-prof. pete, flippy, and sid sonata is decent.

S

susan4633

i'm thinking kookygrove: 7pm eastern (which i think is 4pm pacific) for the cj.
possibly 8pm eastern for the vp revenge?
i'll be there at the doors. when we get 8 we'll go.
will that work for people?

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm back and I'd like to join if possible. I just need to run to work for a while and get rid of my backlog but I will do my best to be home by then.

F

Flippers

i'm thinking kookygrove: 7pm eastern (which i think is 4pm pacific) for the cj.
possibly 8pm eastern for the vp revenge?
i'll be there at the doors. when we get 8 we'll go.
will that work for people?
You're on for the 8pm edt VP

If LOM has his merits before 7, I can help out in the CJ revenge.

You know me: hard to go sad in a CJ. Dream scenario is 5-6 toons on the run, all at the scale and jumping evidence. Big battle done in less than 10 minutes :) Someday you all will answer the call of the J!

A CJ with Trish and one other toon stunning is good too, because there's lots of jumptime when one or both go for more evidence. WEEEEE

F

Flippers

Ditto - either Kertruffle or Smusher will be making an appearance for the CJ revenge.

Elga can make the doity boids look like this under the pianos:

LOM is ready for his next VP ;)

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today's my kid's 18th birthday. I won't be at any runs tonight. Have fun!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today's my kid's 18th birthday. I won't be at any runs tonight. Have fun!
Woot, she's legal! I remember when she was just a little whippersnapper.
Happy Birthday to Trish's Daughter!!

E

Electroflap

Is it cool with everyone that this run I make my first CJ?

F

Flippers

Is it cool with everyone that this run I make my first CJ?
Read the guide, and read this post before you go.

For your first time - and I always recommend this - pick the stun position, which gives you an easy yet essential duty, and because of its ease you get to view the overall battle from your vantage point and become familiar with the game.

To stun, situate yourself between and behind two cogs, and throw at one, swivel, throw at the other, swivel, wait for the stars to clear, throw, swivel, etc.

Be sure you have sound on. When the CJ jumps, jump too or lose 10 laff. This occurs about 3 seconds after he says "You're all in contempt of court!" but if you're doing your job, you may be too busy to read his yammer.

D

dizzy loopenwig

I'm there and waiting. Can't do 8pm.

Blah, can't do 7pm pst either. I am not much into hurry up and wait (why I don't join raiding guilds on EQ2 ;P) Also, husband is being needy.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be sure you have sound on. When the CJ jumps, jump too or lose 10 laff. This occurs about 3 seconds after he says "You're all in contempt of court!" but if you're doing your job, you may be too busy to read his yammer.
There is that warning sound too. You have just enough time to face the CJ and time your jump with his. I've seen other toons rely on the jumps of those facing the CJ but this doesn't always work well.

I will have to miss the CJ since I still need 4000 or so notices. I'll try be back by 8.

S

susan4633

thanks a million to those of you who helped tonights cj and vp revenge runs.i was kind of surprised we didn't have more people...we had to ask friends to help out and at one point even tried doing it in river due to the lack of toons showing up.* although we lost bonzo to gavels and flippers to disco we did win. we then sped to vp and with 7 boarded and rescued clerk penny.

H

Holocog

Its my fault. In the first round I was falling asleep so I wasnt quite paying attention to flippers(The person giving orders..lol).For the scale round well, I was doing ok then I kept getting pelted by evidence. I got to 5 laff before asking for A tu.i guess I was in the way beacause elga and flippers told me to move lol(sorry). Joe and the gang TUned me up. Then I got to 30 laff again and asked for a TU. Two peices of evidence pelted me. Then, while asking for laff, The gravel hit the unsuspecting duck and I went sad. I only lost my ladder, and I didnt need that dumb thing anyway.
:danceb: Please note the dancing broccoli is sad.

D

dizzy loopenwig

Sorry I didn't make it. My husband goes to bed at 5pm pst (wakes up at 2am for work) and he needed a massage. I told him, "I'm doing this thing here." He said ok, but then kept bugging me, and I knew he'd keep bugging me, he wanted to go upstairs earlier than normal.

Well, hopefully I'll get to do the run on Sunday. :) Glad to hear you all made it! :) (Well, except for the poor toons who didn't.)

F

Flippers

Its my fault. In the first round I was falling asleep so I wasnt quite paying attention to flippers(The person giving orders..lol).For the scale round well, I was doing ok then I kept getting pelted by evidence. I got to 5 laff before asking for A tu.i guess I was in the way beacause elga and flippers told me to move lol(sorry). Joe and the gang TUned me up. Then I got to 30 laff again and asked for a TU. Two peices of evidence pelted me. Then, while asking for laff, The gravel hit the unsuspecting duck and I went sad. I only lost my ladder, and I didnt need that dumb thing anyway.
:danceb: Please note the dancing broccoli is sad.
Well seeing as we're shifting blame, we'll clear things up.

I wasn't to thrilled with your being on my side in the cog round either after your bit a while back in the sellbot buildings after Memorial Day. Remember when you were trying to show off your gags and didn't let the nice pig with us work hers to get to her new levels as mentioned in her posts here? That was a priority which you did not take into consideration. I remembered that, and I was this close to not even going on the run.

Back to the CJ: you tooned me instead of hitting cogs so the remaining one would attack. A lot of good your toonup did with a cog left to attack everyone. This remaining cog thing happened a few times and not once. Like when you matched my cloud with wedding cake?

So yeah maybe in a place or two I suggested something to clear the cogs out, but I spoke with Susan most of the time anyway during the cog round and not to you. My friends know there are specifically 3 circumstances I will give suggestions (versus "can you help me" because I feel like using a gag I like): when a small toon is in danger of dying, if I am the small toon in danger of dying, or if no one is pulling gags. You fit the latter. If you had pulled first, I would have accommodated your choices without a word. This goes for anyone.

You jumped in front of people trying to hit the scale. Never do that. That's the little kid random run griefer maneuver. The considerate thing to do is run to the witness stand and while hopping SAY you need more laff points or a toon-up. Then ONE PERSON can toon you right there where the supply of evidence is a hop away and OUT OF THE WAY of people actually trying to make progress in the battle. This would also leave you out of primary cog throwing territory. But instead you got THREE PEOPLE to toon you, all in front of the scales blocking the throw of others, all getting hit with more evidence, and leaving 3 people trying to get some progress in a long battle. The scale of course went up (each cog throws at least 2x stronger than toons) and we were set back by at least 5 minutes just because of this drama. I'm glad you got the attention you wanted for the price.

Maybe if you didn't bog us down I would have seen the end of the run and danced too instead of discoing right before. Or maybe we would have ended sooner and you wouldn't have gone sad? Timing is everything in the CJ, but most of all it's about teamwork with little room to spare. Every single player is essential during the final battle.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember when you were trying to show off your gags and didn't let the nice pig with us work hers to get to her new levels as mentioned in her posts here? That was a priority which you did not take into consideration. I remembered that, and I was this close to not even going on the run.
So you would let down a whole team just because you remember something a kid did three months ago? I bet that nice pig has let it go.

As for the rest of your post.. Come on, he said he knew he was to blame. Why do you always feel the need to kick people when they're down? He plays like a kid because he IS a kid.

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a blast. :) I wasn't sure how many you'd have so when I noticed it was getting near 8 I figured I'd hop on and see if you needed another toon for the VP. None of my toons were CJ ready so I couldn't help ya there. :blushing:

L

Little Sadie

I have run into a alot of people getting in front of me while trying to hit the scale. When I look at their laff I see why. They need to be tooned. There are different ways of playing the game. Not everyone knows to run to the back by the witness stand and ask for to tu. That is not a written rule that I've ever seen. If he stood in front of 3 people then it was very easy for two to move and one to toon him. One could have whispered to Stay or Follow Me and took him out of the way. It isn't a big deal and it is a game. Not some life altering happening.

As far as gag choice, it is a choice. I wasn't there to see him throw a wedding cake and you throw a storm. My goodness, who cares. I guess I am missing the reason you were upset by that? He is out an level 7 trying to help the battle. Maybe he honestly thought he was helping. I know I am always grateful when someone comes off their level 7s to get the cog part over with. I'm not there to work gags. I'm there to have fun and possibly win.

I have also tooned someone before not realizing I would have been better off taking out a cog. While it might have been a mistake at the time I thought I was being NICE. I think some take this "game" way too seriously when it comes to mistakes and gag choices. Be happy!

F

Flippers

So you would let down a whole team just because you remember something a kid did three months ago? I bet that nice pig has let it go.

As for the rest of your post.. Come on, he said he knew he was to blame. Why do you always feel the need to kick people when they're down? He plays like a kid because he IS a kid.
"A kid" by that definition would be one who cannot read, does not grasp the concept of teamwork and risk, and cries when they lose 2 pts. They don't learn from their mistakes or adapt to a situation because they don't understand beyond hitting cogs and neat sensory input like sounds or visual. Is that the "he plays like a kid" you mean? Holocog do you agree that you are these things? You don't post that way.

You know how I feel about kids under 10 not being on the Internet without parental supervision. If he's over 10 and worked his gags laff and suit to where he is all by himself and mommy or daddy didnt work them up for him, we can assume he has mastered teamwork and done hundreds of buildings, taken out thousands of cogs, gotten accustomed to what takes out what from these and many boss runs... If the game feels he's ready by those achievements then he should be ready, regardless of maturity.

Holocog: If you're half asleep don't come to a game. It defeats the point of teamwork, and in the case of the CJ if you're distracted, you're out. It needs everyone alert for success. And don't blame me for trying to work with someone not paying attention. Yes, it would have been easier with three alert toons on one side.

And about that remark about my potential to let a team down? First if I'm such a terrible player and people think I HAVE TO bark gag demands out of ego all the time, I wouldn't be an asset. And IMHO someone let the team down Sunday by not saying a single line in Yahoo Messenger. It was that easy to get an extra body in a run and any of three people could have done it. That made a definite difference in the potential then.

Holocog, take my input to heart. You want to be a good player? It's easier than you think. You want to be a good team player? That's not so hard either. You are counted on to do your part as a cooperative effort, but if you are less than capable at the time then bow out and no one will judge you any worse for making a sensible decision. Just keep your head while in a game and not panic. Find a neutral spot for recuping and not in front important targets like the VP door or the CJ scales. Go where it's far from the action AND closer to the "fuel." Let most of the team continue to work toward its goal while you get up to speed instead of bring everyone down by extending the game or causing a domino effect of saddenings.

Sadie, all I said was "Save your powerful gags" when he tossed the wedding cake. I dont see that as bossy OR overreacting. I dont care if I start the CJ battle with full laff or 100 or 95. I won't go sad in there.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And about that remark about my potential to let a team down? First if I'm such a terrible player and people think I HAVE TO bark gag demands out of ego all the time, I wouldn't be an asset. And IMHO someone let the team down Sunday by not saying a single line in Yahoo Messenger. It was that easy to get an extra body in a run and any of three people could have done it. That made a definite difference in the potential then.
I'm about done with ALL special requests because of that last line. Considering you have bailed - BAILED! - on runs because I beat you to a goon in a marathon run, considering you don't come to CFO because you feel someone discriminated against you once, and now you have the audacity to say *I* don't know the meaning of teamwork simply because I didn't call someone who couldn't be arsed to be with the rest of the group? I think not. If you want included, be there.

S

susan4633

Flippers;812355 Holocog: If you're half asleep don't come to a game. .[/QUOTE said:
Sorry... I was glad he was there. If he hadn't answered Joe's call we couldn't have gone.

So actually, I need to thank him for coming.

I am very sorry he went sad, i just wish i had known he was so low just before he got hit by the gavels. I did toon him when he got down to 16 at one point, but didn't see him ask for help this time. I believe toontown was VERY laggy even out of the river. I had completely rebooted prior to the CJ and i still lagged as you mentioned to me when i got stuck a couple of times.

F

Flippers

I'm about done with ALL special requests because of that last line. Considering you have bailed - BAILED! - on runs because I beat you to a goon in a marathon run, considering you don't come to CFO because you feel someone discriminated against you once, and now you have the audacity to say *I* don't know the meaning of teamwork simply because I didn't call someone who couldn't be arsed to be with the rest of the group? I think not. If you want included, be there.
I bailed on one run because it was clear my usefulness to the team was nonexistent. The only one who lost out on that was me for an empty win.

Yes I was discriminated against, and they admitted that much later by PM.

And I am saying the pot is calling the kettle black because if they wanted that run on Sunday, one of three people could have contacted me. You arent alone in this, and I have indicated so more than once already. It's clear to me no one wanted that run bad enough to doubleclick and open a small window. I had completed my pro job by then and had time.

H

Holocog

"A kid" by that definition would be one who cannot read, does not grasp the concept of teamwork and risk, and cries when they lose 2 pts. They don't learn from their mistakes or adapt to a situation because they don't understand beyond hitting cogs and neat sensory input like sounds or visual. Is that the "he plays like a kid" you mean? Holocog do you agree that you are these things? You don't post that way.

You know how I feel about kids under 10 not being on the Internet without parental supervision. If he's over 10 and worked his gags laff and suit to where he is all by himself and mommy or daddy didnt work them up for him, we can assume he has mastered teamwork and done hundreds of buildings, taken out thousands of cogs, gotten accustomed to what takes out what from these and many boss runs... If the game feels he's ready by those achievements then he should be ready, regardless of maturity.

Holocog: If you're half asleep don't come to a game. It defeats the point of teamwork, and in the case of the CJ if you're distracted, you're out. It needs everyone alert for success. And don't blame me for trying to work with someone not paying attention. Yes, it would have been easier with three alert toons on one side.

Holocog, take my input to heart. You want to be a good player? It's easier than you think. You want to be a good team player? That's not so hard either. You are counted on to do your part as a cooperative effort, but if you are less than capable at the time then bow out and no one will judge you any worse for making a sensible decision. Just keep your head while in a game and not panic. Find a neutral spot for recuping and not in front important targets like the VP door or the CJ scales. Go where it's far from the action AND closer to the "fuel." Let most of the team continue to work toward its goal while you get up to speed instead of bring everyone down by extending the game or causing a domino effect of saddenings.

Sadie, all I said was "Save your powerful gags" when he tossed the wedding cake. I dont see that as bossy OR overreacting. I dont care if I start the CJ battle with full laff or 100 or 95. I won't go sad in there.
Im understanding what your point is but- I already said sorry, explained what the problem was and took your advice. You dont need to tell me what I did wrong, because I already know. The runs are meant for fun, so (Not being disrespectful) you should shake it off, because I didnt mean any harm and I didnt do something that would defeat the purpose of the run A to win and B to have fun(well I guess some people didnt like the choices I made, but its not the end of the world)When I go to runs I will know better.

PS And when Im running around at 1 laff asking for a Tu, how do you think I feel when someone tells me to get out of their way? Next time Ill go by the witness stand, but still.. :danceb:

S

SaraFunnyweather

To be honest I think it is easy to judge when your not the one everyone is relying on to organize things. I admire Trish, and anyone else that has tried to organize so that all the groups are evenly balanced and everyone gets to go. With whispers from toons and with toons everywhere I imagine it is hard enough to do the job without also trying to call toons that are not present at the event.

Sometimes mistakes happen and toons go sad. Blaming each other afterwards is not promoting fun! When we originally started going together on boss runs on Sundays it was to make it easier for inexperienced toons to do the runs without all the stress that some of us felt trying to go with randoms. The bigger more experienced toons helped the newcomers learn how to fight the cogs and would never bail on the elevator no matter what. It was fun. Lets keep it that way.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Amen to that Sara.

Thats why I play. I want to have fun.

Z

ZippyW

Trish: You absolutely should do away with special requests. From an outsider's point of view, not knowing any of these people (or you), to me that seems to be what is causing most of your problems.

Little Sadie and the others who are defending Holocog... I absolutely agree with you. This GAME was more-or-less designed with kids in mind, hence the careful chat monitoring Disney does. If playing with kids who make mistakes, playing with people of ALL ranges of intelligence, or human beings who have to experience something 5-6-10 times to learn and see a pattern, tends to get on your nerves, then you need to switch to a game for adults and more serious play. I read in a post that the battle took FIVE minutes longer!! LOL!! FIVE minutes! WOW! And who says you wanting to play a gag you like takes precidence over him playing a gag HE wanted to play? Was a T-storm and a cake really that horrible? BIG DEAL! I've personally learned to not give a lot of weight to some other toon giving me instructions on what to throw. I've had toons who were in the 17-18 laff range tell me "Let's use squirt" ... all the way up to one in the 130's. You can't take it for granted another human being is going to obey your orders! Not in Toontown! IT'S NO BIG DEAL!!!

What I see here in Stratics is a small group that takes it VERY seriously, and a larger group that still just wants to have fun, with a win being great, a loss being a reason to play again, pass info and experience on to other toons without making them feel stupid, and not losing sleep, making enemies, or humiliating some kid/adult over any of it.

S

Steveo

I agree there are way too many people that take this game serious. Bonzo made a mistake and admited it. I have played with bonzo on several occasions and enjoyed it. This is about Teamwork not a one person show. If that s the case then you should be soloing instead of going with a group that likes to help people.