• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Revamping my suit

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Finally got a tinkerer's drop and looking to rework my suit. Standard sampire template. Gonna use M&S, tinkerer's, conjurers, corguls or royal sash, lieutenants boot, some artifact imbued jewelry, crimson, and rangers cloak. With jewels, legs, cloak I can get 35SSI on suit. My real question is do I use wood armor for the chest, arms, hands, and neck? Should I throw a few plate pieces in for stam loss? I like the idea of trying to shoot for DI and HCI on wood pieces I prefer to run lower than 45 DCI (between 25-30)because of counter attack mechanics. I wont use DF much because of suit SSI unless is for slow swing weapons. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
If you have a big stamina buffer, and you don't need the extra 5 or 15% LMC then go woodland. If you're tight on stam, then plate makes sense.

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So now after going over a few dozen threads on suit building I am doubting everything I was thinking. I am sure I will use M&S and tinkerer's legs. The rest of my suit I am very unsure. It seems everyone has there own take on it. I have seen studded, plate and wood builds. After ten years of playing I have accumulated enough resources that it is not an issue of cost. Tinkering with a spreadsheet it seems wood to be the most difficult to craft but the 10% hci stack on three pieces can free space on my jewels which i really like. My only concern is difficulty in getting resist correct w/o having to waste imbue slots for resist. I am not sure of the imbuing weight on 5% hci. Stamina isnt really an issue but I would like to get enough LMC through the suit. I have a studded suit on my ABC archer and it works great. (i think I handle champ spawns better with my archer than my samp truth be told). I have zero experience with plate but I am not adverse to trying to build one. Any suggestions, help, tips are greatly appreciated.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I plan to make my next suit a plate/studded/woodland hybrid. I should get the same stam protection of a full studded suit, and I don't need 55 LMC, as I typically do enough damage to cover my mana to chain AIs.

If you're flush with resources, is one of them gold? You could always spring for a nice legendary, which will likely have 100+ total resists. Sadly I have yet to see ANY arty with the proper combo of stats for a dexxer.

HCI has low imbue weight. It seems they ported the jewelry imbue calculation, so its 110% weight (I think), but since it's only 5%, gives you a total imbue weight on armor of only 40%.

I've been putting off building a new suit for a long time now, it took me about 3 days of the new loot being everywhere to get 10SSI jewelry I like, so I've been dragging my feet since then. I keep telling myself I've been waiting to loot at least 1 arty that I intend to wear. Hasn't happened yet.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're flush with resources, is one of them gold?
HAHAHAHAHA! Great words Tuan. And sadly, the most important resource of any suit building endeavor :( Gold, Excel, all other resources. In that order.

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am actually now leaning towards the same tuan. Hybrid wood, studded and woodland. Last night I was messing around on TC and made some nice pieces but its seems when tinkerers are involved I had to reforge for resists on one piece which I am not crazy about. I was hoping to get two wood pieces with +10 HCI but to get the max imbue weights crafting, reforging, POF'ing, and enhancing can be crazy expensive. I also have been dragging my feet hoping to get the one arty to tie it all together but I am still holding my breath...

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I never considered using tinker legs. I wear a shield, and have a set of 10% each clean ring and brac, can get 10% from a reforged shield, and could get 5 from the cloak. Throw in DF, and I can swing 3.5s at 1.25 down to 150 stam.

I haven't yet decided if I want to bother with 3.5s swing weapons (longwords or mauls if I swap to mace). Or I can go a different route. I haven't broken out the spreadsheets yet.