• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning "Vet" Looking For Assistance On Catching Up...

D

Doc_Feelgood

I played UO religiously from 99 up until the Abyss expansion. I never dabbled into Abyss or High Seas and had to let go of UO for real life issues. I have the "itch" to get back into the game and have re-activated my account but have yet to log in. I am curious if someone could help me play catch up? I played mostly on Catskills, but Lake Austin is where I ended UO. Upon quitting I was in a guild who "specialized" mostly in Spawns and PvP. I am curious as to what changes have been made in regards to skills, artifacts, weapons/armor, etc. Which shards currently have the most activity? Should I consider moving my characters from LA due to lack of player activity, etc? Any help is greatly appreciated as I feel like I am starting over from scratch.
Thanks!

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Doc, I am recently returned as well so I can't answer everything for you but I'll help where I can.

There have been recent changes to Chivalry, poisoning and I believe Necromancy that impact pvp and pvm. I also believe there have been some recent changes to some Mysticism spells.

As for LA being dead....I have pretty much gone from playing 3-4 shards regularly at my height of play to playing strictly Atlantic. And even its a little slow compared to what it was in just 2009-2010, which was slow then compared to what it was in 2008, and so on down the line.

I think much of the population has to do with the fact that its summer(nice weather brings people outside) and a few other AAA game title releases. I'm sure it will pick up in the coming months as weather changes and people get back inside/get bored with the current flavor of the month. It always does.

As I said I just rejoined a couple weeks ago, and I'm having a pretty good time on Atlantic with the guild L*V, you can usually find 1-10 of them hanging out in New Haven. Pretty funny bunch of people for the most part, and ALWAYS doing something.

Thats about all I got for you right now. Might check out the warrior forums for Sampire builds, that seems to be the PVM flavor of the last few years. Also Mystic/Mages I hear are decent in PVM and PVP, as are Necro/Mages.

Goodluck and welcome back!

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic is the most active.

Have a glance at Baja. It's one of the smaller shards in terms of population. But it has one of the more active communities. SI is one of the largest guilds in UO. M!S and Cartel are both active in their own right.

J

Joey Porter

Hey Doc, I am recently returned as well so I can't answer everything for you but I'll help where I can.

There have been recent changes to Chivalry, poisoning and I believe Necromancy that impact pvp and pvm. I also believe there have been some recent changes to some Mysticism spells.

As for LA being dead....I have pretty much gone from playing 3-4 shards regularly at my height of play to playing strictly Atlantic. And even its a little slow compared to what it was in just 2009-2010, which was slow then compared to what it was in 2008, and so on down the line.

I think much of the population has to do with the fact that its summer(nice weather brings people outside) and a few other AAA game title releases. I'm sure it will pick up in the coming months as weather changes and people get back inside/get bored with the current flavor of the month. It always does.

As I said I just rejoined a couple weeks ago, and I'm having a pretty good time on Atlantic with the guild L*V, you can usually find 1-10 of them hanging out in New Haven. Pretty funny bunch of people for the most part, and ALWAYS doing something.

Thats about all I got for you right now. Might check out the warrior forums for Sampire builds, that seems to be the PVM flavor of the last few years. Also Mystic/Mages I hear are decent in PVM and PVP, as are Necro/Mages.

Goodluck and welcome back!
I was going to say the same thing.

Atlantic and the guild L*V

We always have people on doing fun stuff.

Hungry what is your toon name?

Doc if you hit up New Haven you will be able to find us almost any night. My main character is LTL and the guild leader is Rhii, let her know I sent you.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was going to say the same thing.

Atlantic and the guild L*V

We always have people on doing fun stuff.

Hungry what is your toon name?

Doc if you hit up New Haven you will be able to find us almost any night. My main character is LTL and the guild leader is Rhii, let her know I sent you.
Hey LTL! Nice to see another L*V Forum Warrior!

I am Brimstone in game. Don't forget, Vote Brim for Emmy 2012! If you love your children, care about your S/O, Brim is the vote for you! /end shameless plug!

R

Rusko

Why does everyone think sending a new or returning player to atlantic is beneficial? The Cost of Living is ridiculous there...

Sometimes I just wish they'd turn off Transfers 100%... That's what enticed Dupers and Gold Selling Websites...

If they had to Earn the Gold on EACH shard to offer it on ALL shards... Our Economy in the game could repair itself...

R

Rusko

But, Deff Deff Deff, Welcome BACK! good to see veterans return!

J

Joey Porter

Why does everyone think sending a new or returning player to atlantic is beneficial? The Cost of Living is ridiculous there...

Sometimes I just wish they'd turn off Transfers 100%... That's what enticed Dupers and Gold Selling Websites...

If they had to Earn the Gold on EACH shard to offer it on ALL shards... Our Economy in the game could repair itself...
I think sending them to Atlantic is a good idea because that is were I am located and can start someone back with a nice little bankroll and items. Also we have a very helpful Guild.

I do agree about the transfers. Wish that would stop to help with inflation.

And Brim, what up bro. Not sure about the whole Emmy thing though, noticed that in your title last night. You will need to explain.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There were gold selling sites long before transfers and they didn't earn it on every shard. But every shard had a transfer/conversion rate. They moved their gold around by using players who wanted to move shards. Similiar to how you can trade gold on prodo shard for gold on a siege shard, and its not 1:1.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And Brim, what up bro. Not sure about the whole Emmy thing though, noticed that in your title last night. You will need to explain.

We are having a moot this Saturday. 5PM CST. One of the things we will be voting on is a new Emmisary. I'm just throwing my name in the pot and getting the word out there in the most humorous ways I can find, that Brim is the vote that saves the world :) Check out my books around Haven, or my Campaign Intern named Brim for Emmy. :) See ya LTL