• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning to UO

B

bob_bent_9

I am debating coming back to UO after a few years off. Baja was my home shard, and although I no longer possess my original accounts, I wondered if this was the shard to come back to. My toons used to be Bee Jay (GM name change to Otis), Alucious, Aphrodite, and various others. I used to play with GuardGoneWild years ago, and with Cartel for a few years after GGW quit. I'm sure some like Badfellow, Sixunder, Josh, and others will remember me.

Do any of these people still play, or what's a good PvP shard to play on now?

Is it even worth coming back?

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just moved to Baja from Lake Austin and I'm enjoying it.
I do not PvP, but I have found a good community here.
I know pacific has a lot of PvP but I'm not sure about much else.

It depends on what you want out of your gaming experience.
I have found a lot of player interaction on Baja and events and things seemed to be cared for more in general.
Try a free account and "shop around" for a shard is the best i can say.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Badfellow was active about 2 months ago, SixUnder still plays but he's busy-ish?

So basically not many around that used to play when you did. I'm currently on break, Twista runs the show at Cartel.

As for PvP, it's the same it has been for a while now. Make multiple characters on several shards, stay in vent and listen/wait for a fight or screw around in Yew until one comes up. As I recall, you were never much of a spawner so those are pretty much your options in between actual fights.

B

bob_bent_9

Well, I guess I'll make a trial and snoop around... Something about this game just can't be replaced by other games...

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't play any games now.

I just play with myself.

Far more satisfying.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Bows to the master* :bowdown: :bowdown:
Don't bait me with such an easy setup.

[OOC Uh, let's go ahead and end this before I have to delete this whole thread and ban myself...we're way off topic now and I'm not helping]

A

Alucius(MT)

I have ventured back to UO after being gone for over a year. I have learned that I now have NO IDEA what I'm doing. When I went to make jewelry there was nothing on it...it just said "a ring". We can't produce jewelry with mods anymore? Also, there are so many gargoyles! Do I need to get that expansion? If so, where do I get it?...so much has changed.

Ally/Wrangler

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have ventured back to UO after being gone for over a year.
Welcome back!

When I went to make jewelry there was nothing on it...it just said "a ring".
...Spoken like a true man. You've been gone a year and the first thing you need to have is some bling.

We can't produce jewelry with mods anymore? Also, there are so many gargoyles! Do I need to get that expansion? If so, where do I get it?...so much has changed.
The Stygian Abyss expansion is necessary for gargoyles and Imbuing (the skill to add whatever mods you want to clothing, armor, weapons, and yes, jewelry!

You can still produce jewelry with mods, but having random mods on jewelry will decrease the amount of chosen mods you want to add yourself by usage of the Imbuing skill.