• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning to UO after many years

• Thread starter IbramGaunt
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

IbramGaunt

Hello,

I used to play on Sonoma a very long time ago and I think I may try UO again. Whats new in the game as far as features, etc? Hows the roleplay community? Anyone here still that I know?

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recognize part of your Screen name as part of the last name of someone that lives in same town as me or used too. Used to work in same military squadron as my dad or still does. But other than that...dunno...what were some of your chars names?? Guilds you were in etc?

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to play on Sonoma a very long time ago and I think I may try UO again
Come on back! It really is a whole new game now adays and theres so much to do you would never get bored.

Whats new in the game as far as features, etc?
Hehe, too many to list. It depends on how long ago you left I guess, did you depart before Age Of Hell came out?(AOS) Or after? I guess the better question would be, did everyone hang out at the good old west brit bank and actualy talk to eachother, or did they hang out in silly Luna?

Hows the roleplay community?
You can still find it in some guilds and areas, but for the most part it is a dieing art, unfortunetly.

Anyone here still that I know?
That depends! What were your char names when you left?

I have been on Sonoma for a little over 10 years now, perhaps we met eachother in the past. There are many others that are still around that have called Sonoma their home since there was a Sonoma.

T

ThraximusZog

General of the Arcandian 1st and Only if I do recall?

I

IbramGaunt

Yep, my character name was Ibram Gaunt and I led a guild called the Arcadian 1st.

I left the game probably 6 or 7 years ago, I can't remember exactly when, so I'm sure that there is a lot that I have missed!

L

Lord Drakelord

oh ya, like Hunter said! you left back during the AoS and there has been so much that been added since then.

P

Pacem

Sonoma also has a new church, as well as Napa, Lake Austin and a sister church on Atlantic. Stop by sometime, doors are always open. :) You can contact me for locations if you like, using the sig info.

I

IbramGaunt

Sonoma also has a new church, as well as Napa, Lake Austin and a sister church on Atlantic. Stop by sometime, doors are always open. :) You can contact me for locations if you like, using the sig info.
Hmm, interesting. No offence Pacem but isn't against the TOS to actively push a religion ingame?

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, interesting. isn't against the TOS to actively push a religion ingame?
Unfortunetly.... No, atleast not anymore, hopefully one day they will reinstate this rule.

There is so much you have missed, im trying to think but you were atleast around for third dawn, we have what 2 more new land masses since then? Tokuno and Malas, and then a few random dungeons thrown in here and there.

Honestly I wouldnt know much about these other lands, I try pretty hard to stick to fel.

T

ThraximusZog

Gaunt, you are welcome to join the Militaristic religion of Zoggism! We worship me as a god and you get to enjoy the life of submissive slavery. Chicks dig it!

also welcome back. My advice is not to get attached with the current locals of this server, they know nothing of the old ways and would rather bake cookies and sing show tunes than march in bloodthirsty combat for superior forms of warfare.

P

Pacem

Unfortunetly.... No, atleast not anymore, hopefully one day they will reinstate this rule.

There is so much you have missed, im trying to think but you were atleast around for third dawn, we have what 2 more new land masses since then? Tokuno and Malas, and then a few random dungeons thrown in here and there.

Honestly I wouldnt know much about these other lands, I try pretty hard to stick to fel.
Perhaps one day they will... until then, as long as God wants us to witness in UO, we will remain until He deems otherwise. :)

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you block someones post from appearing for you? Dont think I will miss much interesting from Pacem and his posts...I know used a be a way to do it on the old forum. Not sure if it can still be done. Any help appreciated.

P

Pacem

You are validating me with your speech, friend... a believer would never say things like that to another person, whether they believed or not. :(

I

IbramGaunt

This forum is actually reminding me somewhat of the old Sonoma Notepads.

Thraximus, I may take you up on your offer minus the worshipping part. Does anyone here remember your old name?

I

IbramGaunt

Ok, there seems to be three or so versions of UO out there. What do I need to buy/download to play the game?

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are validating me with your speech, friend... a believer would never say things like that to another person, whether they believed or not. :(
If that was directed at me...I dont think that I should have to read your posts if I dont want too. Easy as that. I will not go into my religious beliefs with you as they are really none of your business. I play a game to get away from IRL...not for it to follow me into the game. I politely asked if blocking your posts from appearing can be done.

For the most part though I personally could care less if you played Ultima Online. You get on my nerves when I travel through Luna and your packhorses are spamming. My personal opinion on it is that religion has no place in Ultima Online. Atleast not real religion. Now if you are RPing a fanatic that worships Lord Azratoth of the Abyss...then that is fine, but actually preaching out of the any holy book too include the bible, should not be allowed. Do your thing and when I figure out how to block you on Stratics I will though.

Sorry Gaunt about hijacking your thread. Welcome back and you will need too download mondains legacy client. Have to get it online and I dont know the link too download it from. Then patch up. If you need anything once you get back in game...holla at me. I would be more than willing to help a returning player out. Actually needing to get rid of some stuff neways so it works out. :danceb:

P

Pacem

Good enough, I will back down here. :)
But for future reference, you can put the packies on ignore like any player. And, you don't have to put them on ignore every week, since they are bonded, and once on ignore they will remain that way forever. :)
But if you refuse to, then that is entirely your choice. Peace :)

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you block someones post from appearing for you? Dont think I will miss much interesting from Pacem and his posts...I know used a be a way to do it on the old forum. Not sure if it can still be done. Any help appreciated.
Unfortunetly I know of no way to block posters on the forums, I will however ask an admin and see if I can get their knowledge on this matter.

And as it stands these types of religious advertisements have no place here on the boards, lets not bring it up again.

T

ThraximusZog

Very few remember my old name. If you want to join the Zog cause it would be wise. We are the last people on UO who RP and follow the old ways. We had some great wars (against my old guild) and with the =G='s

I

IbramGaunt

Duh, that's not Ibram because if it WAS he'd be on my icq, and he wouldn't join ZOG. Wake up people.
No, it really is me. Speaking of ICQ, I lost my password and haven't been able to recover my old number since my email changed.

Shoot me a PM and we'll talk.