• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lock Picking] Returning player working up LP on a new toon

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, are there any macros available to assist in working up LP using EC and Pincos, or any other UI?

I remember using one in CC with assist to assist in relocking the boxes, anything like that in Pincos?

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah easy to make picking macro. Also you can use GM crafted chests to train all the way to 95. I'll login later and report back with macro.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah easy to make picking macro. Also you can use GM crafted chests to train all the way to 95. I'll login later and report back with macro.
Possible yes....but not recommended...... Get some 50 and 70 skill boxes, it will go much faster

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy Timber.....it's been awhile since the question was asked, and I have seen some of your other posts about your return, so I'll tell ya what I did. Got me a single 60 locked box, a 70 locked box and an 85 locked box......those were what was available. I've since realized the 70 was actually unnecessary. I set up 2 macros, one to pick the lock, one to relock the box. Gains were very easy till about 90 or so, and once I hit 90, I headed to the Weald. GM'ed at the weald.

I use the EC client, I set a macro for last skill, last target for the pick macro, and if I remember correctly, put the key in the first macro slot and then last target for the lock macro. Hit one, then the other. I actually use the Logitech G13 gamepad, so I setup a macro within it, used the pick macro 2 times, then the lock macro. Only real problem is it sometimes causes a delay since you may not have picked the lock. So, if 2 trys to pick and no bueno, then you end up unlocking the box, 2 trys to pick an unlocked box, no bueno, and then locks it. So occasionally a wasted effort.

The WEALD is the way to go my friend, can't emphasize that enough.

Good luck Timber

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great post Mac.....my route was not quite so easy....think I had a bad run in twisted. ...in the end I used blue scrolls from 90-95 and pinks from 95-100. I was fortunate to find one person selling all that I needed and gave me a great deal.

I am hearing more and more that I need to try the EC, BUT I am old and for now will stick with what I know before taking on something new :)

If you decide to GM mining....it is fast and easy now. I literally did it in a few hours.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy Timber.....you....old.....I turned 59 in june, now that's old! In your pic you still look like a kid, lol. No matter how you got it done, you got it done, that's whats gonna matter. Good luck Timber.