• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player trying to "squeeze in" Spellweaving...

E

eekamouse

Here is my current template. 705 point skill cap....

120 magery
120 eval
120 ss
120 med
120 necro
100 resist

It's worked well for me in the AoS era, but I have just reactivated and wanted to try out spellweaving.

I'm thinking this might be a good template. But I also know you can get some large + to Necro items relatively easily. I am not sure what they are but that's what I have heard.

Here is my template without any skill mod items. There is still another 5 points I an put in to spell weaving if it's worth it.

120 magery
120 eval
100 ss
60 med
100 necro
100 resist
100/105 weaving

How does that seem? What about items I can use to drop my necromancy down and increase weaving?

Thanks for any help.

E

eekamouse

Here is my current template. 705 point skill cap....

120 magery
120 eval
120 ss
120 med
120 necro
100 resist

It's worked well for me in the AoS era, but I have just reactivated and wanted to try out spellweaving.

I'm thinking this might be a good template. But I also know you can get some large + to Necro items relatively easily. I am not sure what they are but that's what I have heard.

Here is my template without any skill mod items. There is still another 5 points I an put in to spell weaving if it's worth it.

120 magery
120 eval
100 ss
60 med
100 necro
100 resist
100/105 weaving

How does that seem? What about items I can use to drop my necromancy down and increase weaving?

Thanks for any help.

T

Trukx

You can do 1 of two things as I see it......

You will almost certainly be in wraith form w/ only 60 med.....Drop med to 50 and add 10 to weaving (that'll give you ~75% on WOD). You lose all of .1 mana/second by doing that.

Or Drop necro as you suggest and put those points in Weaving.
Things that give necro: Midnite Bracers, Rings, Bracelets, Ossian Grimoire, Bloodwood Spirit Talisman and I think a Mark of Travesty. easiest for you to get and use on a suit is the bloodwood spirit w/ +5 Necro and +10 Spirit Speak.

T

Trukx

You can do 1 of two things as I see it......

You will almost certainly be in wraith form w/ only 60 med.....Drop med to 50 and add 10 to weaving (that'll give you ~75% on WOD). You lose all of .1 mana/second by doing that.

Or Drop necro as you suggest and put those points in Weaving.
Things that give necro: Midnite Bracers, Rings, Bracelets, Ossian Grimoire, Bloodwood Spirit Talisman and I think a Mark of Travesty. easiest for you to get and use on a suit is the bloodwood spirit w/ +5 Necro and +10 Spirit Speak.

I

imported_Farsight

So you want to take a great template and substitute one that is still pretty good but nowhere near what you had?

OK, I'll help!

Here are some skill gain items you may consider wearing:
You can get +15 skill rings and bracelets very easily. As you'll need the skill all the time, it doesn't matter what skill the rings and bracelets bring up.

Midnight bracers are +20 necromancy arms.

Crystalline ring (very expensive) raises magery and focus 20 points EACH.

The bloodwood spirit talisman gives +10 spirit speak and +5 necromancy.

You can have a spellbook that either gives +10 necromancy (Ossian Grimoire) or up to +15 gains in magery, meditation or evaluating intelligence. You can have multiple skills on one book, but those can get costly. My book has +11 evaluate intelligence as well as LRC.

Spellwoven britches are +10 meditation.

Those will give you (assuming you can get it all) over 100 skill points or more (depending on the jewels you can find), giving you more than enough room to add spellweaving and still keep your 120's. There are a lot more things you could wear, I'm sure, but I can't think of them right now.

I

imported_Farsight

So you want to take a great template and substitute one that is still pretty good but nowhere near what you had?

OK, I'll help!

Here are some skill gain items you may consider wearing:
You can get +15 skill rings and bracelets very easily. As you'll need the skill all the time, it doesn't matter what skill the rings and bracelets bring up.

Midnight bracers are +20 necromancy arms.

Crystalline ring (very expensive) raises magery and focus 20 points EACH.

The bloodwood spirit talisman gives +10 spirit speak and +5 necromancy.

You can have a spellbook that either gives +10 necromancy (Ossian Grimoire) or up to +15 gains in magery, meditation or evaluating intelligence. You can have multiple skills on one book, but those can get costly. My book has +11 evaluate intelligence as well as LRC.

Spellwoven britches are +10 meditation.

Those will give you (assuming you can get it all) over 100 skill points or more (depending on the jewels you can find), giving you more than enough room to add spellweaving and still keep your 120's. There are a lot more things you could wear, I'm sure, but I can't think of them right now.

E

eekamouse

So Spellweaving would totally gimp me? =/

I was thinking more for fun, but I have been reading about some of the awesome power of SW.

E

eekamouse

So Spellweaving would totally gimp me? =/

I was thinking more for fun, but I have been reading about some of the awesome power of SW.

T

Trukx

not sure i see what you are talking about. both very strong. while 120's are great, the only two Id really prefer it for are SS and eval. You can get by on 110 magery just fine (I also understand the keeping it because well you paid 20mil for the scroll perhaps). I dont have med at all and just run in wraith.

T

Trukx

not sure i see what you are talking about. both very strong. while 120's are great, the only two Id really prefer it for are SS and eval. You can get by on 110 magery just fine (I also understand the keeping it because well you paid 20mil for the scroll perhaps). I dont have med at all and just run in wraith.

E

eekamouse

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No that's fine. I was referring to Farsight's comment. I don't mind dropping Magery to 110. I paid nothing for any of my 120s

I'm just trying to change things up a bit and not be too gimped.

Is it worth it to take it to 120 Weaving?

E

eekamouse

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No that's fine. I was referring to Farsight's comment. I don't mind dropping Magery to 110. I paid nothing for any of my 120s

I'm just trying to change things up a bit and not be too gimped.

Is it worth it to take it to 120 Weaving?

T

Trukx

I finally took mine to 120 a few weeks ago because I got tired of failing WOD, but honestly, 110-115 is probably adequate. Since WoD is generally the main reason ppl taking weaving, at 100 you just fail WAY too much to start laying on the damage in chain casting.

T

Trukx

I finally took mine to 120 a few weeks ago because I got tired of failing WOD, but honestly, 110-115 is probably adequate. Since WoD is generally the main reason ppl taking weaving, at 100 you just fail WAY too much to start laying on the damage in chain casting.

I

imported_Farsight

It's very worth it to pick up spell weaving. My current favorite character is a mage/weaver with 6 skills. But in my opinion, when you add that 7th skill, you have to think about what skills to drop and then you may lose some of the functionality of the skill.

But...

In the case of magery, dropping it as low as 108 (I believe, don't know the exact number) wouldn't be fatal, you'll just fail elementals and vortexes every once in a while. Dropping necromancy to 105 would only hurt your revnants, and there are so many more functional things to use than those. Dropping meditation some wouldn't be too bad either, especially with lich form or wraith form, depending on what you're hunting.

The thing that I really don't like, and this is more of a personal preference than actually knowing what's better, is having templates that are dependant on jewlery and items to be functional. Unless you're rich beyond my dreams (and a lot of people are), it would be hard to find the items with the right benifits in addition to the right skill increases.

I also did have a necro/mage/weaver (skills 100 in mage/med/EI/resist/necro/spirit speak/weaving) for a while on Europa (account cancelled, darnit), and the only problem I had was in the overflow of options of things to do in order to kill other things. Do you use wither? essense of wind? Flame strike? Pain spike? The different possibilities are endless.

On a little side note, wraith form, a level 5 arcane focus and essence of wind is soooo much better than wither for a wraith. You kill everything on screen instead of everything close.

I

imported_Farsight

It's very worth it to pick up spell weaving. My current favorite character is a mage/weaver with 6 skills. But in my opinion, when you add that 7th skill, you have to think about what skills to drop and then you may lose some of the functionality of the skill.

But...

In the case of magery, dropping it as low as 108 (I believe, don't know the exact number) wouldn't be fatal, you'll just fail elementals and vortexes every once in a while. Dropping necromancy to 105 would only hurt your revnants, and there are so many more functional things to use than those. Dropping meditation some wouldn't be too bad either, especially with lich form or wraith form, depending on what you're hunting.

The thing that I really don't like, and this is more of a personal preference than actually knowing what's better, is having templates that are dependant on jewlery and items to be functional. Unless you're rich beyond my dreams (and a lot of people are), it would be hard to find the items with the right benifits in addition to the right skill increases.

I also did have a necro/mage/weaver (skills 100 in mage/med/EI/resist/necro/spirit speak/weaving) for a while on Europa (account cancelled, darnit), and the only problem I had was in the overflow of options of things to do in order to kill other things. Do you use wither? essense of wind? Flame strike? Pain spike? The different possibilities are endless.

On a little side note, wraith form, a level 5 arcane focus and essence of wind is soooo much better than wither for a wraith. You kill everything on screen instead of everything close.