• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player trying to access old account

FiCtIOn

Visitor
For the past 2 weeks I have emailed back and forth with [email protected]. I have managed to find 2 dummy accounts and link them then had help resetting the email and password for those 2. I sent another email asking if they have any other accounts under my name because for the life of me I could not remember my old vet account. They email a list of account names that was in my name, I respond back to the email asking for 2 specific accounts to have their emails changed(since I no longer have access to the email linked to those accounts) but I get NO response back. I end up creating a second ticket with the same information I used to verify my first 2 dummy accounts and then I get a response after a day and a half saying that the information I provided does not match, Only my name does. I responded to that email with alittle different information and get another response saying that it is wrong. Since the support staff said my name matched the account only I sent an attached picture of my Drivers License proving to them Yes that is me and ask them to change the account email and was never responded back to. I then open a third ticket this morning with another attached photo ID and requesting the information on the account (that is in my name and I provided legal ID documentation that I am who I say I am) and no reply yet. This I feel should be enough to get my old account back. Years of moving and I probably lied on my DOB to play the game and an email that is no longer accessible is hard to provide specific information to them. If my name is on the account and proving that I am who I am, why cant they give give me back my old account? Im writing this just to vent and maybe find a possible solution. I miss the old days that if I had any problems that there was an actual customer service phone system in place to talk to someone to resolve the issue as quick as possible and not waiting 2 days for a reply or no reply at all.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The issue is people can have the same name.

I think if you can describe the character names and skills on the account they might do it that way too. You need to provide a little more information that it is your account. If there is anyway to dig up the original credit card number used to pay for the subscription that can help also.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
they have those security steps, because a lot of people that sold their accounts back in the day, sometimes can try to get them back, not saying it is your case at all. But Mesanna was very very clear, "whoever owns the master secret question, owns the account"

Now, if you never sold the account, you just dont remember at all, I would email Mesanna

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came back 2 years ago. And I just called the number on the EA site. It took a few hours but I got the person on the phone to walk over to that department and find my account for me.

Have fun and welcome back

Nizam

Visitor
I came back about 6 weeks ago. I had assumed I could not get my old acct back (just assumed it was all deleted) so I created a new acct. After playing the game for 3 days decided to just send an email and try anyway (grinding taming makes you grasp at straws!!)

I got prompt responses, and provided my name, email address I originally registered with (since changed but i still have access to it), my billing address from back then (had to use google maps to make sure i remembered the zip code correctly!), names of the characters on the account. There were several pieces of info I could not remember (e.g. the credit card number I used back then) but it was not an issue. I was not asked to provide any copies of ID or otherwise, and the whole matter was solved in about 24-36 hours.

I don't think the support staff want to make it hard to return to the game, but there is a minimum level of information you have to provide. I just wanted to point out that this process can go smoothly.

Finally, even if you have to create a new acct and start from scratch, the community is amazing and returning players receive an unbelievable level of support. Balls of knowledge, millions in gold, assorted pets (up to and including a greater dragon) were all shoved into my pockets, to the point I had to tell people to slow down. So don't worry about being <young> again :)