• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player, Starting Over

R

Ralaki

Hello, just resubed yesterday, and I am starting over on the Atlantic server. I have 2 friends that made trial accounts there and are going to sub. I am interested in playing a Bard. Archer/Bard, Ninja/Bard, and Mage/Bard all sound fun. I played mainly PvP Mages back in 2000. So bard is going to be new to me. Is bard a viable first toon to learn the game with, or would I be better suited making a Combat warrior/mage for my first? If bard is a viable first toon, then what would be a good starting template to work towards?

Thank you

Ralaki

5% Luck

Well heres the good news! Bard scrolls are among the cheapest on the server. The bad news is the mage scroll is the most expensive and complements a bards ability the best...IMHO...

As a 1st toon you are looking at one of the most versatile PvM chars around! You can make some good gold both in lootz and drops cash in on SoTs and work just about any spawn in game. There are very few non bardable mobs but they are all low end anyhow! The real kicker is you will need 120 skill bar none and training can be a bear.

Poo, the moderater here on the bards forums has a ton of knowledge both sticked and in threads just waiting for you to discover! Make use of his trainer threads and it should only take a few days!