• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player sampire advice.

Murzam

Visitor
Sorry if you guys get these type of questions often, but I just came back a few days ago and need some advice to refine my template to a good all around temp( I have no soul stones)

So first things first I am noticing parry has been dropped to 60 recently on a lot of builds. Is there any reason at all to go beyond 60?

Second I have seen these dragoon posts and I know it is a build that drops necro but am not sure for what or if it changes any of the other skill values(ie more or less of some skills).

third my samp has anat and not resist spells.(at one point I had soul stones and was swapping them out, he had the anatomy when I lost my stuff apparently) the advice I need hear is Im not exactly sure what resist does, I once thought it would stop or reduce curses also I think it prevents para?Any explanation is welcome.

Thanks in advance for anytime and/or effort in helping me out with info guys and gals!

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Basically more parry = more defence but you have to work with the skills you got

For example.
My samp run

120 sword
120 tacs
80anatomy or 80 resist depending on enemy (+30 on jewels)
100 Necro
120 chival
120 bushido

I use bushido for confidence and evasion

120 chiv i use for the full bonus of divine Fury ( 15ssi 15hci 20di )

If you go with less chiv you can have those point in Ana or parry.

I love the benefits of divine

Regarding to your question about resist.
Is des multiple things.
First of all. All curses are smaller. And shorter
Also it help a lot with getting paralyzed. Somewhere around 80-100 is enough to not getting paralyzed from regular spawn
It also avoid that you kill yourself when some damn Necro critter Cast bload oath on you. Which is very important when I comes to high end Necro enemies like Prime eval Boss and Level 3/4 spawn and Dark father's for example.

You can do a baracoon or rikktor with anatomy for more output but it's actually a bit smoother with resist. Ofc you should have a trap Box when running anatomy just in case.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My advice is drop necro, use life leech instead ;)

You either use

120 swords/bush/tacts
100 chiv/anat/healing
60 parry

or

120 swords, chiv, bush, tacts, anat, parry

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here is my template:

100 Swords (120 with the Capt. John's Hat)
120 Tactics
100 Necromancy
120 Bushido
100 Parrying
100 Resisting Spells
080 Chivalry

I have 100 Anatomy on a stone that I occasionally swap in for Resisting Spells.

Here is some information for how Resisting Spells helps:
Resisting Spells - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Personally, I find this very useful if fighting a champion spawn with a lot of casters.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is my template:

100 Swords (120 with the Capt. John's Hat)
120 Tactics
100 Necromancy
120 Bushido
100 Parrying
100 Resisting Spells
080 Chivalry

I have 100 Anatomy on a stone that I occasionally swap in for Resisting Spells.

Here is some information for how Resisting Spells helps:
Resisting Spells - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Personally, I find this very useful if fighting a champion spawn with a lot of casters.
How many damage points do you lose without the Anat.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Damage with Anat or without anat is minimal although it says 55%, Maybe between 5-9 per hit or so.

Theres many ways of building a sampire, some people will agree with others and some not.

120 Chiv, is only good for EOO and length of buffs if you have high karma, Divine fury also has a negative of - DCI which can work against you, anyways if you had your weapons correctly made, wont need to cast Divine fury just EOO and consecrate weapon, you will leech stamima, so you wont fall in Stam, and if you using correct weapons you wont need the SSI you get from it either IMO.

60 Parry is only used to achieve the 300 skill point, for the special move mana reduction and also as a little defense, but because most sampires dont use a shield the Bushido skill is triggered before the parry skill.

My build for you is this:

120 Swords, 120 Bush, 1oo/120 Chiv, 100 Resists, 100/120 Tactics, 100 Necro, 60 Parry

You can switch Res spells out for anatomy for bosses that dont cast spells.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
120 Chiv, is only good for EOO and length of buffs if you have high karma, Divine fury also has a negative of - DCI which can work against you, anyways if you had your weapons correctly made, wont need to cast Divine fury just EOO and consecrate weapon, you will leech stamima, so you wont fall in Stam, and if you using correct weapons you wont need the SSI you get from it either IMO.
Sorry mate but that is just wrong.

Ofc Divine Fury got some requirements. Like 18.5k Karma and u have to make up for -10 dci but the benefits are huge

15ssi
20di
15 hci

This free 1 Mod (the DI) on the weapon AND let you come along with 1*hci on one of the jewels

Also its bollocks that you "only need" proper weapons.

You either need a load of stamina or use sall weapons like a Katana.

If you want to swing big weapons full speed with reserve it makes the whole thing easier.
For example.
Double axe. 35 ssi at 151 stam

20jewels 5town 5ranger. Oh wait now u need cameos

I use full chiv in all my pvm warrior.
The samp.
The paladin (got 55ssi) wihout any on the weapon ( i use longswords with max swing)
The Archer. 7 mod weapons.

If wanted i can paste some details

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Sorry mate but that is just wrong.

Ofc Divine Fury got some requirements. Like 18.5k Karma and u have to make up for -10 dci but the benefits are huge

15ssi
20di
15 hci

This free 1 Mod (the DI) on the weapon AND let you come along with 1*hci on one of the jewels

Also its bollocks that you "only need" proper weapons.

You either need a load of stamina or use sall weapons like a Katana.

If you want to swing big weapons full speed with reserve it makes the whole thing easier.
For example.
Double axe. 35 ssi at 151 stam

20jewels 5town 5ranger. Oh wait now u need cameos

I use full chiv in all my pvm warrior.
The samp.
The paladin (got 55ssi) wihout any on the weapon ( i use longswords with max swing)
The Archer. 7 mod weapons.

If wanted i can paste some details
Yes please, Id be interested in seeing what kind of weapons you are using.
I do understand the theory of not having to add the HCI onto a jewel, but the you need to be casting Divine all the time to keep up the HCI to 45, unless I got confused with your explanation and 100 DI is easy achivable.
I used to use Long swords too but have switched onto Bladded staffs and it seems to be working better as I dont need SSI on the weps and suit has 20 built into brace/ring, tho also running a 815 skill suit.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dont get me wrong. There are a lot ways to Rome

My sampire is using bladed staff for AI and double axe for WW and double swing with onslaught.

My paladin runs 1handed longswords with shield. I use him for corgul osiredon and blackthron Captains. Where the vampiric is not working good

The archer run 211 stam with a M&S and 7 Mod elemental bow. But I think about to redo the weapons for reforged overcapped hml

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Dont get me wrong. There are a lot ways to Rome

My sampire is using bladed staff for AI and double axe for WW and double swing with onslaught.

My paladin runs 1handed longswords with shield. I use him for corgul osiredon and blackthron Captains. Where the vampiric is not working good

The archer run 211 stam with a M&S and 7 Mod elemental bow. But I think about to redo the weapons for reforged overcapped hml
Same for BLSt and DA for WW, on my sampire.
Whats your temp on the Pala for the captains? I normally just take my archer there as they are hard hitters and I like to kite them along a bit.
Would be nice to take something to kill them a bit faster.

Please also share your 211 stam suit, I am trying to slowly make one eventually, just have a 214 PVP stam at the mo bit dont wanna use it for PVM