• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

returning player question

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's been about 4 years since i was able to really log any real play time into UO. so, i'm returning from a 4 year absence, so... i could have swore, that "back in the day" one method that i would use to aquire a swamp dragon, was to go find a NPC "swamp dragon rider" (sorry, i forget their names) and after killing it's rider, i would then tame the swamp dragon... well, when i killed the rider last night, the dragon just went "poof" ??? was this a change that was made, or am i just remembering this wrong? ..... also, as a "B" part to the question, i don't ever remember the NPC riders swampys ever having colored armor... is that a new patch as well?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i will sometimes go to tame them in the wild north of trinsic, but i was wondering specifically about if the ones being ridden, seemingly just dissapear after the rider is killed? when did this start?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what you killed was a chaos dragoon elite, you need to kill an ordinary chaos dragon to get a swampy you can tame.
1708690909740.jpeg 1708690931622.gif