• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

returning player - help on char builds

S

satan

hey all,

so basically i've been gone since t2a lol, anyone have some fun builds to try out the 'new' classes....

i'd really like to try something with a necro, but any others would be great!
(i guess keep PvM in mind, i'd like to try some of the dungeons out etc.)

thanks!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does your gold situation look? Do you have untold millions or are you a bit strapped for cash?

The reason I'm asking is that some of the things you'll need to make what I'd consider a good character will cost a lot of gold. Power scrolls, for example. If you have a few million gold, you could make the perfect necromage... otherwise you'll be saving up for a while.

But for less gold, you could make a good necromancer/mage or a good samurai/vampire (referred to as a sampire) or a wraith/samurai (referred to as a whammy).

But until you can afford the power scrolls, I would recommend this:
100 in all skills, magery, meditation, evaluate intelligence, necromancy, spirit speak, spellweaving, resist spells. You could also interchange other skills for weaving such as inscription (10% spell damage increase at GM) or alchemy (improved potion effects at GM), but those are more expensive to train.

The first scroll you'll want to buy is a 110 magery scroll, and plan on eventually dropping either resisting spells or spellweaving.

The template I used when I returned last year after a similar absence was 110 in each skill: magery, meditation, spellweaving, wrestle, evaluate intellgence, resist spells with the rest of my skill points in focus (except when I did the inscription newbie quest which you absolutely should do in order to get an undead slayer spellbook). I've improved my suit and my template as time went on, which cost a mere 14 million gold for an all 60's resist suit and magery and evaluate intelligence at 115 and the rest of my skills at 120.

Another good necromancy starter template is this:
110-120 swords (other weapons are good, but finding swords is easier)
100 tactics
100 bushido
100 parry
100 necromancy
100 spirit speak
and the rest in either focus for faster mana and stamina regeneration or anatomy for higher damage output or chivalry for a few great chivalry spells.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Shard are you on? I can help if its one of the ones i play on...

S

satan

@Farsight:

I don't have much left hehe - maybe a couple mil.

Could you maybe give some examples of these mixed necro/samurai, bushido, chivalry builds?

I have some crafters that can make me plenty of armor etc. (i hope lol)

Thanks!

@Bardie:

I'm on Atlantic