• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Member

E

Enkrypted

Hey,

I am a returning member. Played, and am currently playing on Atlantic. I played from the time the game started up until about 4 years ago. I have tried to re-activate my old account with all of my characters on it, but was unable to do so. I was able to verify (over the phone) the old account login, credit card number, and owner name, but was unable to provide them with the old e-mail account. I was told that without the name of the old e-mail i could not re-activate it. The email was from when we had a dial up service provider...:coco: I think it's a little crazy to not be allowed access to my account over an e mail address that doesn't exist anymore.

So, needless to say i have created a new account, but am unable to upgrade or buy any codes for 30 days. Basically, i'm STUCK with nothing for 30 days.

I have noticed that the game has changed quite a bit since I last played. I find it interesting, but also hard to grasp. There's so much new information, and along with trying to remember the old knowledge is getting to be a bit too much. Guess i'll have to just stick with it I guess. Or at least, until I can come up with the old e-mail address to give them...

E

Enkrypted

Okay...well, after sitting down for a few hours and thinking about my old e-mail, I remembered it. I now have my old account back. Thanks for the website, though. :D

B

brundlefly

Hi ,welcome back. You will notice things changed a bit :).
Regarding the problems with you old account , dont bother talking to them its a waste of time. I spoke to many players about their return and they were all just like me. I had every peice of info they required of me and answered all questions they asked over a 25 min phonecall. Ofcourse my pateince ran out as the person told me "we dont have access to all the accounts". I didnt know what that meant so, I asked why I have been on the phone so long giving you personal info that cannot apply to anything other than my old account without them actually finding the account in the first place?
A few moments of dead-air later, I was put on hold.
A minute or so later, It was explained that the account maybe too old for their archives.(true it was 97-02) Also, there are many thing you are entitled to with old accounts and they are leary of activating them without proper verification.(OK but I provided it.) If I was interested in advanced charactors to make up for the lost time I should goto the website and check out stuff I could buy.(its all clear to me now thanks...CLICK)
I would be interested to know if you get yours activated. I will be glad for you if you do. We need more players.
After all that I am still playing (no tokens) because I love/hate it. (All I really wanted was my ethereal horse back)
Dont worry about all the new stuff. You'll figure it out in time. Just make sure you ask all the smart people posting here, not me :).

E

Enkrypted

Yes, I did get my account re-activated. However, I logged in to find that almost everything I have is gone. My gold, my house (which decays) and a lot of my rare items. So, instead of having the 30 mil before I left, I am now working with just over 2 thousand gold pieces. Wow...

Well, if anyone wants to meet up online, let me know. I'd love to get to know a new group of folks. All the old salties I used to hang around with are all gone now.

Any pointers on how to get some gold? Can't seem to be able to do much without it.

T

T_Amon_from_work

If your characters are decently developed (old-style at least), hit the legacy dungeons ... Shame top level is earth elementals for starters. NPC quests bag 500 gp per run, max 5 runs per day I believe.

Find a tailor on your shard needing bulk Spined Leather, hit Despise upstairs for Lizardmen, carve the corpse for the hides and cut them for leather. Lake Austin (my shard) I would bag 25gp each 4 years ago. I think going "wholesale" price now is near 35 each. My "wholesale" is 5gp under the per-piece cost in Luna. Dire Wolves also produce Spined as do some other critters (I want to say alligators but not sure).

If you can travel there, go to Malas and hunt Crystal Elementals. Be wary as they are casters of mage and necro spells. I used to do Dragons in Destard for just the fame and gems, but the Greaters they introduced make toast of my Paladin in seconds. <shrug> So my crafters make the cash periodically.

Painted Caves S of Trinsic is good for Troglodytes and Stratics could use info on stats and resists if you feel lilke gathering it. The Dungeon list on uo.stratics.com can guide you there. These can do pack attacks ... I've had up to 4 come at me at once. Be wary of Lurg and Grobu in there, Lurg hits HARD (with specials), Grobu (the bear) can destroy your armor. Trogs appear to drop average 450 gold, 15 bandages, some armor and stuff - go with bandages and keep healed.

G

GFY

If your looking for old salties, head over to Empath Abby. Teleport (or recall) onto the roof and talk to some members of The Syndicate. (LLTS) We may be able to help you get back on your UO feet.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, if any of your characters are crafters, there were some changes to the way that BODs can be handed in, that occured shortly after you left (around march 2005) (turn in a BOD, and get a new BOD gotten immediately after a turn-in, without waiting 6 hours - still have to wait if you don't turn in). This increased dramatically the chance to get good BODs.

Then, this past February, they made it to where smiths at 110 or 120 skill get a lot less iron armor BODS (still got to put up with the 50% that are weapons BODs), upped the bottom bounds of all the tailor & smith runics, and took the upper cap for all of them to 100% (meaning that you can actually craft decent things with a spined runic or copper hammer now)

combining the two sets of changes has made it a lot easier for a small-time crafter to get better tools, and craft good stuff.

More detail can be found in the Craftsman forum

E

Enkrypted

Wow. Thanks for all the info. I've got a hold of some gold now, and purchased a house. Actually, LLTS use to be a guild that I was in, but it was with my other account back when I first started. Years ago... I may have to swing by and see some of you soon. Once I get my house situated here in the next week or so, i'll stop by and see you guys.

Thanks again, all. :D:thumbsup: