• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning for a look..

G

Glowbug

Howdy folks.

I used to play UO aaaaages ago, my characters where Kazander, Welok, Cazar and I can't remember the rest. Was in C^T for a while before they disbanded.
Saw that 14 day trials where being offered with Kingdom Reborn so I installed it and had a look around last night. Boy does everything look different! Its like playing a new game. A lot of changes from the old client that I used to remember. Looks better too.

Are there many active players around still? If I decide to stick with it I'll be looking for a guild to join. I'm not going to renew my old account because the templates I have are probably useless these days, plus it feels good starting afresh anyways.
I started a char called Glowbug with 50 magery and 50 necromancy. I have no idea what a good template is so I'm just winging it for now. Still in Haven till I learn how to get about again. Is Luna still the main bank?

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A good template for your new char would be

120 eval
120 magery
120 resist
105 necro
120 spirit speak
115 meditation

Thats working off the 700 skill cap whcih I assume you have because you only started the account. Perhaps it might be ideal for you to reactivate you old account and adjust the characters to suit you needs. That way you have a higher skills cap.. Of course if the account is more then a year old.

K

Katlene

Yes luna is the main bank for now, but there was recently a comp to redesign WBB and our very own Miss Echo won and the bank will be rather swish sometime soon and hopefully it will be the bank to be!!
LONG LIVE BRITAIN!

There are a few great guilds on the shard always will to take in someone the 2 that stand out the most are EOB and POC
But there are many smaller guilds that would be just as happy to help aswell

Welcome back :D

G

Glowbug

Thank you Kathlene and Clog.

Question Clog, what part does SS play in that template?

Glowbug

S

siyeng0

Umm.. ok.

I'm kinda scared now..
Oh, my sincerest apologies.

Your username is HIDEOUS. I will slash at it with my imaginary halberd until it explodes into a great steaming rain of pixelated blood! Look at it run! Listen to it squeal! Ahh, how good it feels to kill, to butcher, to feel the blood of another on my hands!

G

Glowbug

Ok, stupid question.

How do you talk ingame now?

And how do people manage the hotbar? Is there someway to switch quickly between the different numbered rows? I need some advice on setting it up.

Glowbug.

G

Glowbug

Ok, stupid question.

How do you talk ingame now?

And how do people manage the hotbar? Is there someway to switch quickly between the different numbered rows? I need some advice on setting it up.

Glowbug.
Nevermind, I got it sorted I think.

K

Katlene

I wish i was a glowbug a glowbug's never glum
cause how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out ya bum!!

If you are playing on KR you have to hit enter to speak or in the options some where theres a switch to legacy gump and you can just type as before :D

T

Teeshy

The KR forum on here has a lot of useful bits and pieces too =) Definitely think about downloading one of the user made "skins" (the BB enchanced one is really good, and has lotsa usefull features!) MissE has a lot of really useful hints and instructions to help get things set up too, on her site (helps me heaps setting up macros and hotbars, even though I dont use KR much =))

Welcome back to the game BTW =)

F

Fink

There's also a Kingdom Reborn Forum, and the Modder's Exchange where you can pick up interface upgrades ("mods") with added functionality.

Default_Enhanced would be the first one to try as it looks identical to the regular game but has all the extra functions created to date. Then there are graphical updates that also include thematic or visual enhancements ("skins"), depending on your tastes.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Kathlene and Clog.

Question Clog, what part does SS play in that template?

Glowbug
Spirit speak compliments Necromancy like Eval Int compliments Magery. It is a must. That and it gives you another source of healing

G

Glowbug

Another question regarding KR, how do I separate bunches of things??

ie. If I want to divide a bunch of Garlic into 2 bunches.. I can't figure out how to do it..

Glowbug

T

Teeshy

It's the exact opposite of the 2D client =) Shift-drag is to move one thing at a time (or to select less than a stack =))

G

Glowbug

Ok, question about my old account. It only has Renaissance and OS registered on it. I currently have KR installed on my PC that I am using the 14 day trial on. Can I just reactivate my old account and keep using KR or do I need to do something else?

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, question about my old account. It only has Renaissance and OS registered on it. I currently have KR installed on my PC that I am using the 14 day trial on. Can I just reactivate my old account and keep using KR or do I need to do something else?
I'm pretty sure you can still use it. But perhaps someone else could give you a clearer answer.

if not goto www.uogamecodes.com and buy the Mondains legacy upgrade code. I think its on $20 US which works out about $30-$35AUD