• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returned but dumb as ever... help me.

M

Mcflyguy

I logged back in after a few months (i was confused then too) to check out imbueing. I find bags of weapons and armor I piled up for unraveling(?) all over the floor of my house.
Before the SA release, I was under the impression that only unenhanced or plain iron/leather could be imbued. Is that the case now?
I'll do the footwork (research) for the details later but Im really wondering if its worth getting the expansion for imbueing.(im really not interested in being a gargoyle,must I be?)
I have come to the realization that I truly stink at this game but I enjoy the crafting. I PVM full time due to my limited playing time (silly hours). I also know I'll be limited to defeating monsters many consider weak because I only use gear Ive crafted myself (call me old school or stupid I dunno, but if you saw me in RL when i killed my first paragon titan solo you would have thought I defeated the entire game :) ).
Do you think I can do better with gear that imbued? Is runic crafted stuff still better overall?(besides lasting forever?)
My warrior is a old stye tank.
36 mon. account
715 skill cap.
250 stat cap.
110 swds.(110cap)
110 tact. (110cap)
100 anat.(100cap)
100 heal. (120cap)
80 chiv. (100cap)
100 resist(115cap)
110 parry(110cap)
Yeah I know it was good many years ago and Im going to start training bushido but I hate that my parrying becomes so useless that the sheild slot is(almost) for show.
Could anyone list the relevent mods (min to max) I could obtain on a decent suit of armor
that would maximize this template? I cant trust what Im reading to be up to date. That has caused me too much heartache in the past.
THANKS TOO ALL.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I logged back in after a few months (i was confused then too) to check out imbueing. I find bags of weapons and armor I piled up for unraveling(?) all over the floor of my house.
Before the SA release, I was under the impression that only unenhanced or plain iron/leather could be imbued. Is that the case now?
I'll do the footwork (research) for the details later but Im really wondering if its worth getting the expansion for imbueing.(im really not interested in being a gargoyle,must I be?)
I have come to the realization that I truly stink at this game but I enjoy the crafting. I PVM full time due to my limited playing time (silly hours). I also know I'll be limited to defeating monsters many consider weak because I only use gear Ive crafted myself (call me old school or stupid I dunno, but if you saw me in RL when i killed my first paragon titan solo you would have thought I defeated the entire game :) ).
Do you think I can do better with gear that imbued? Is runic crafted stuff still better overall?(besides lasting forever?)
My warrior is a old stye tank.
36 mon. account
715 skill cap.
250 stat cap.
110 swds.(110cap)
110 tact. (110cap)
100 anat.(100cap)
100 heal. (120cap)
80 chiv. (100cap)
100 resist(115cap)
110 parry(110cap)
Yeah I know it was good many years ago and Im going to start training bushido but I hate that my parrying becomes so useless that the sheild slot is(almost) for show.
Could anyone list the relevent mods (min to max) I could obtain on a decent suit of armor
that would maximize this template? I cant trust what Im reading to be up to date. That has caused me too much heartache in the past.
THANKS TOO ALL.
Welcome back - a lot has been added and changed in the past several months so there is a lot to re/learn. The expansion is worth the upgrade for many reasons least of which is imbuing, especially for a crafter. I do not imbue myself, but I know many that do and LOVE it. The new dungeons are very cool and the list goes on. The good news is that you can play just fine with out the upgrade, you just don't have access to the new stuff.

Also the writing/editing staff here at Stratics have been doing a smashing job the few months adding the new stuff and updating the old info on the main UO Stratics pages.

Best of luck!

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a template very similar to yours but with focus instead of resist
I followed an advice and dropped focus to add bushido and it's really much more efficient.

And with 100 or 120 Imbuing on one of your crafters you could have an excellent suit, much better than any done with artifacts.
You can even add skills and stat points so you don't need to worry about the 715/250 cap

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're on Europa, give me a shout and we can pop a char or two in the guild for you. Instant advice from experienced players, as and when you need it. And we have the Goddess of Imbuing - she's got spread sheets and everything! We have players across pretty much every time zone too, so no matter when you play, there's usually someone about :)

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll try to answer some of your questions. Enhanced and items crafted with special materials can now be imbued. This feature is not retroactive, so only newly crafted items can be imbued in this manner. Since you do not seem to be into hardcore pvm, you can probably do just fine with runic crafted armor and weapons. Imbuing allows you to really specialize your armor and weapon so you may want to offer this service to other players.
I think your template is fine, but I would advise you to either lower tactics or maybe chivalry and raise your swords as high as you can afford. There are lots of opinions as to what to include in your suit. I recommend you visit the warrior forum as it is very active and the info is pretty much up to date.

Paps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you happen to be on ATL shard look me up and i`ll help ypu out.

M

Mcflyguy

"And with 100 or 120 Imbuing on one of your crafters you could have an excellent suit, much better than any done with artifacts.
You can even add skills and stat points so you don't need to worry about the 715/250 cap"

This is what I want to hear. From what I am reading aquiring the ingredients will be much more challenging (fun) than BODs (chewing glass and drinking vinegar).At least part of the time. But ofcourse, I will have to do BODs for the PoF since I wasted MILLIONs worth on....
Anyway, thanks for responding :).

Im look at Bushido now but without max HCI(45?) I cannot acheive 10 straight hits. I can MISS 10 times, for sure :). This worries me. I need to soulstone Chiv and train to 60 again to make room for at least 60 Bushido.( Thoughts? )
I guess this is an age old problem for others but its new for me. Im looking for a template of a SUIT worn by a human male. I dont know (notice) if passive MR makes that much difference so I run with a combo of non mage armor with MR 3 (total) relieing on Chiv and weapon leech. I wont be getting a 120 sword PS anytime soon so it is what it is. Im hoping some combo of skill/equip can bridge the gap.(in the form of damage)
I cant seem to put together a balanced 70s suit without a MOD that is pointless by itself. It looks like imbueing could finally help me past that and maybe improve my game. Im just not sure which MODs at max,half or partial strength will compliment my char development.
Is it a Stamina increase(8 to ?) Mana Regen(2 to ?) LMC(8%to ?) combo? What might be excessive or just plain useless?

LibraII

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off, welcome back.
It is probably worth your while looking on the Profession>Warrior forum and Reading up on a Sampire build. Probably the most effective type of dexer right now. Basically you run with wep skill, bushido, parry, necro and rely on leeches to survive in Vampiric Embrace.
With some imbued armour and a marti or 2 you can make a reasonable lower end suit until you build up some cash for the more expensive items.

M

Mcflyguy

Well I read a while in the Warrior forum. Most players discuss which artys to use in tandem with 120 this or that. Unless the market for PSs tailspins downward (and I mean worse than now) its unlikely I will ever get millions gold together without needing it for something else. Most I ever had at once was 4 mill.
As for a Sampire, I really dont think its a warrior (IMO).Necro conflicts with Chiv/Honor/karma and that path. I dont recall Conan turning into anything strange if you know what I mean.
Thanks for the replys. I may have answered my own questions (in my head). Ive got some big ideas now. YES YES its all clear to me now...... not really :).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Go with a Paladin or Samurai/Paladin combo build for now, if you don't like the idea of playing a Sampire or Whammy (the Whammy being the Wraith version of the Sampire, requiring much lower Necromancy, but much higher Spirit Speak).

Weapon Skill
Parry
Healing
Anatomy
Tactics
Chivalry
Bushido
(the latter two you won't have to take over 80, but I prefer a little higher)

for gold, find other people doing the Oaks champ spawn. Don't kill the Pixies, ki-rin or Unicorns, to minimize karma loss, going for the wisp types and Centaurs. On the 4th level, you'll have to kill Serpentine dragons (some karma loss), and the bosses are positive karma as well, so you'd have to go back out and work karma back up.

The Ilshenar champs put out a LOT of gold these days, and it's easiest to find a group for that one.

IF you want to stay totally in character good (as opposed to being good with an irrational hatred of the Fey), you can opt for the humility & valor champ spawns, but getting a party together for them is a bit harder.

These will get you gold, and maybe some of the good replicas to use or sell.