• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Return to Britain Bank?

C

Cymoril

Survey time!

There has oft been talk of leaving behind the sandstone walls of Luna in favour of returning to Ye Olde Britain. Can we do it though? I mean, do we really even want to, or is it just that we crave the nostalgia that goes along with the times when Banksitting at Britain was the norm?

I'm interested to know who would actually like to see the population (what there is of it) return to Britain Bank, and also your reasons. If it seems a good number actually want to see this happen, I am certain it can. If not, then maybe we can finally put to rest the wistful dreams of those veterans who long for the good ol' days...

G

I would actually love to see all towns used more often...I hate walking through the ghost towns alone.

I

imported_Frost_

I like Luna. Its mage shop, tailor, blacksmith, bank, provisioner everything in one handy spot!

Although I have been known to banksit at Cove...

Its also a good way to pass the time when working compassion.

G

Luna is for lazy people! Seriously Brit has a smith and fletchers and tailors etc, they are just a few more tiles in distance. whats a recall or a few extra seconds traveling time?

G

Jelhom bank is not used anywhere near as much as it should be. It's clean, the staff are friendly and they have some really competative interest rates at the moment...

I

imported_JediSith

Why do we still have this arguement about Brit bank and luna bank... Brit bank is as dead as a dodo.... The reason why 99% of people use luna is the easy access to vendors/bank and moongate.... Some say it being lasy, but i say its managing your time better than running around brit looking for different npv..
The only way i can see brit coming alive is for the moongate to relocated... and that wont happen...

G

Luna has no cooking facilities (unlike Umbra, go the necro chefs..), and no soul. Very bland, poorly laid out, & claustrophobic.

G

What would be nice is a gate on top of the bank instead of half way to wup wup

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nah that was half the fun back in the ol' days (pre-Ren)! The good ol WBB to BMG run sure sorted the men (pks) from the boys (noobs), sadly I was usually one of the 'boys' back then :p was still fun though hehe

S

StarlaUO

The community at WBB was very dynamic with players selling/ buying pets n gears, showing-off their gears, scamming, player-watching, training skills.... but even now if everyone were to congregate at WBB I doubt it will be as lively as it used to. Most will be afk bank sitting like in Luna... there were more 'live' players during last night's IDOC @ Ziggy than most days in Luna over last few months...

Also WBB has a bigger empty space to fill compared to Luna and it will make Oceania looks more empty if its the main meeting place.

G

Highly doubt it will ever happen, as there is simply not enough people on Oceania to make a change like that... unless Luna was evaded, it's pretty much going to stay Luna.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Luna has no cooking facilities (unlike Umbra, go the necro chefs..), and no soul. Very bland, poorly laid out, &amp; claustrophobic.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've actually been using Umbra bank almost exclusively for my treasure hunter. I just like Umbra, dark and... dark. I like it =P