• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Return after 4 years of absence.

J

jayar

Hello Everyone,

I recently reopened my account after 4 years of inactivity and have decided to start playing again. I lost my old houses, which I expected to, but would like to get a new one.

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on where to start on catching up with the changes, and maybe where to look for a plot in Trammel, preferably on Fire Isle to place a large house.

Malice Faldain, The Mage

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Everyone,

I recently reopened my account after 4 years of inactivity and have decided to start playing again. I lost my old houses, which I expected to, but would like to get a new one.

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on where to start on catching up with the changes, and maybe where to look for a plot in Trammel, preferably on Fire Isle to place a large house.

Malice Faldain, The Mage
My advice, take the 13$ Loss from reactivating, and thank me for saving you from wasting more next month.

It's not worth it.

T

Tazar

You will never know if it is worth it or not - until you try... I have seen many, many returning veterans lately and lots are having fun! It is not the same game that you left so if you are looking to regain lost history, it is not here, but it is still a vibrant game with lots going on - as long as you keep an open mind and try everything!

E

Escobar_TDT

Don't listen to Nox. If the game sucks so bad, why is he still playing?

You can find small plots all over in Fel. But if your looking to get a big house, it's better to buy it because it's rare to find an empty spot for a large house. Buying houses can get expensive on this shard.

There is a lot of things to do now that your back and the best way to learn them is to probably join a guild and participate in their events.

J

jayar

I noticed there's a huge effort for RP here now. Was a bit confusing at first when I asked what's changed in 4 years and someone blinked at me and spoke in a scottish accent heh. I take it the entire shard is RP now? Or is there still a venue for OOC PKers?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

You don't see many RP PvP'ers at all. Most are KeWlDeWd types that gank and spew 1337 speak.

But I agree...don't listen to Noxi. He is mad because the EMs took his toys away. :D

M

Mairut

A lot of new things to get used to, but I'm sure you expected that. Its not what I would term an entirely new game from what it was 4 years and it isn't that hard to get caught up. Just look at some of the guide websites around and talk to other players if you get confused about something...people are still as helpful as always.
......You can find small plots all over in Fel. But if your looking to get a big house, it's better to buy it because it's rare to find an empty spot for a large house. Buying houses can get expensive on this shard.

There is a lot of things to do now that your back and the best way to learn them is to probably join a guild and participate in their events.
Ummm...Actually...

...There are still places to put houses in Tram and Malas, you just have to get lucky and keep your eyes open and/or have really awesome friends.
Examples:
A friend just put up a 15x house in Tram a day ago, didn't have to buy it as a plot from another player or anything.
A guildie put up an 18x18 in Malas about 3 weeks ago that another guildie of ours showed him.
Another friend showed me a place I could put an almost 18x18 up (maybe 17x16?maybe more?), but I was unable to place because I just bought one.
And this was all in the last month or so... 0_o
My first house was where a guildie of mine found the spot and gave me the extra cash to build it.
Keep your eyes open, talk to people and you'll find a spot.
Heck, someone might even give you a house! (srsly!)

And yes, joining a guild will help you out a lot.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You won't find many players who can tell you how to PVE, where to find just about anything in this game, and be a force to be wreckoned with in PVP, I was one! This has nothing to do with the EM's taking "away my toys", it has to do with a program I was very excited to be a part of, only to find that I'll get a "blessing" dedicated to me, in a place no one visits.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is still lots of players around that will be willing to help you around,

granted I am no pvper so I will not be able to show you , but how to run for safty, but other then that I am all yours :)

Mr Grump here knows that too, and he knows what i think about him quitting...

other then that lots to do in Game, EMs just started up again and are alive and kicking, and aye before someone else will ruin that one , they have been "nerfed" so dont expect no 200 mill event rare handouts.

Champspawns just had some very nice additions, we have a huge and cramped Event scedule thats leading up to the SA release.

There has been contests sponsored by EA to make yourself imortal in the UO world, by leaving a named book of truth or your name on the remodeled Bank.

A lot of exploit fixes, and so much more.

All I have to say is give it a try

And welcome home :)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed there's a huge effort for RP here now. Was a bit confusing at first when I asked what's changed in 4 years and someone blinked at me and spoke in a scottish accent heh. I take it the entire shard is RP now? Or is there still a venue for OOC PKers?
You can still find lots of people who don't rp if that's what floats your boat. Welcome back, by the way.

You don't see many RP PvP'ers at all. Most are KeWlDeWd types that gank and spew 1337 speak.
I have to beg to differ on this. A lot of the rpers I know, do PvP in Felucca and do stay in character while doing it. Many of us who do, don't just hang out at like Yew gate all the time because we have other things to occupy our time with too. As far as rp communities go, Atlantic's is by far has the highest density of rpers who do pvp outside of rp wars/plots.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

You won't find many players who can tell you how to PVE, where to find just about anything in this game, and be a force to be wreckoned with in PVP, I was one! This has nothing to do with the EM's taking "away my toys", it has to do with a program I was very excited to be a part of, only to find that I'll get a "blessing" dedicated to me, in a place no one visits.
Oh come on Noxi, I was just teasing with you :lick:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic always was a 100% RP server... It's just mondain's spell who's messing with people head and they get confused. It's funny to see some situations sometimes ; yes folks its still named a MMO-RPG. And less funny to see some people taking advantage of the confusion...

I'd say its worth it too. Always was... I dunno about Noxi's story but it sounds pretty much like mine, exept that to become a seer, I was to work very hard on refining a whole set of storylines I had worked 6 months on and almost failed school for, all in old english, without ONE syntax error, amounting to about a hundred pages in 12 text (which they had been reviewing and saying everytime, work on that part, you're almost there)... only to be turned down by the NEW Ea representative saying : sorry your friends have all been fired, they were using you and made a big much of money selling gold on e-bay (we estimate around 100k USD each). We cannot hire anyone for this until we find out how to protect ourselves in law matters... here well make you a companion, the only thing you can do is talk to the stupid newbies who are too lazy to read the guidebooks that are free on the net.

How little did they know what making me a companion meant. They felt my frustration so badly that they gave me my robe to shut me up without even making me sign the legal papers. Heh, as I ALWAYS was, I acted in an exemplary fashion, giving another 6 months of my time in PURE service, not only lighting players interest in the game, but making them notice there was more to it than met the eye if you started to roleplay properly.

Then I was fired because we all got fired, they had not found how to protect themselves ; I knew exactly how because I studied the question, but they didn't want to because they would have needed to hire one more person and they wanted maximum profit because they tought the game would die (was declining pretty alarmingly I must admit). Yes, they told me this, and I didn't even ask to be hired, heck I even paid to work for them.

So yes, I was the only one who ever paid to work as a companion, and the only one not bound by the sacred contract.

So what did I get for giving one year of my life to making it interesting for others at LEAST 6 hours a day ? Nothing, nada... not even a blessing in a place noone visits... it was thank you, thanks for your subscription.

S

Scarab

interesting how some people come into a thread and try to make it about themselves

anyhow

welcome back!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
? actually. most of the Rp coomunity PVPs.
if you dont want to do that, jut make a pk and go to fel yew. be sure to hack tho.
Rpers almost all pvp due to land claims and rp wars. see you around and welcome back.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm... interesting how some people jump in a thread and make it about themselves by thinking they can judge another's mind.

:lame:

Please spare my eyes and refrain from anymore womanish comments. (no pun intended) Long time ago I remember it was cool to be a pk and hack, just because you killed everyone without discrimination, and most of the time ended up fighting the other hackers (epic who has the best hacks and who has the best hacker friends, genuine stfu noob moments), creating a kind of balance in chaos and order... but these days people love to waste out their charge on a one hit comment, coming from nowhere and going nowhere, while they should keep it for some spicy in-game moment.

Like we are still hoping for ? :rolleyes:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had indeed a chance of witnessing this first-hand in felucaa ! I concur !

J

jayar

While I know UO has changed alot. I highly doubt it's changed so much as to be so blatantly sexist in this day and age. I started this thread with the intent of seeing what was going on and if it was worth it to come back. Please do not turn it into a glorified cesspool of hatred.

It is uncalled for and beyond rude.

I know I'm only back a week, but Morgana and all the other ladies out there, I'm sorry some people still make such ignorant comments. I appreciate you as you have much to offer as an individual and got your back, let's gank him in PK! :)

I hope(though probably vainly) that folks will think before typing, as those types of comments are unecassary.

Malice Faldain.

D

Draken-Korin

Everything I have seen, and heard, leads me to believe Ahu thinks the world of his GM, Morgana LeFay. Not only does she help him get back into the wonderful world of Sosaria, she accepts him with open arms into her guild PoV.

Ahu has a true passion for this world, one that I think we all share to varying degrees. At times Ahu seems to speak before truly stopping to consider what is being said/typed.

In closing I would think there is no need to continue making more of Ahu's comment than what it was, a simple mistake in properly getting his point across.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I definately do, since it seems the only way to properly express the nature of the experience some try to hard to forget, call it what you will, change of ages, tipping of the balance ; everyone even those who weren't on uo experienced SOMETHING, some will gladly call it the internet, but that is a rather simplist view in my opinion.

I really did say what I meant. And I said no pun intented, not every woman is "womanish", and even woman probably agree with me that sometimes woman slip a comment in a discussion or when you meet them like : oh man have you ever noticed, your left ear sticks out more than your left.

Oh yes thank you woman ! If we were to take it otherwise it would be like saying that all gays are ghey, which is definately not true. Oh and I do think before speaking, typing is a whole other story, especially for me here ; mainly because this game is about me. A stranger who has just effected a long time and dimentional travel to another realm where he encounters a sorcerer who has been mingling with the peoples minds from his unknown and "far away" tower and if you recall the video ends with no answers, where the "game" begins. I tell you, I am still wondering if it was an error to shatter the gem, as I might have said before ; and I will say it again... when I striked at it it was a blind strike, I blindly trusted my own intuition so much the dark aura of mondain was confusing my toughts.

Up to now we can clearly see it was a mistake, oh perhaps if I had felt with my hand until I got him by the throat and sliced his head people would be calling me a hero, and times would certainly flow differently. Not only I shattered the gem but even if the disconnection killed his body, he was able to utter a last spell binding sosaria to earth, and we've seen those manifestations. However hard you will try to look away from this simple truth amongst many, it will always hit you right back in the face should you dip your sorry toe in the stybian abyss, and I wont be the one making diplomatic compromise about it !

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Oh yes thank you woman ! If we were to take it otherwise it would be like saying that all gays are ghey, which is definately not true. Oh and I do think before speaking, typing is a whole other story, especially for me here ; mainly because this game is about me.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been brought to my attention that this word is not what I tought it meant.

2. womanish
extremely and utterly childish and insecure.

Thats the urban definition around here for that word, but were not much english speaking so never delved into any dictionary to get the real meaning.

I apologise for any inconvenience my immature insult might have reached... in my head it had nothing to do with woman but only a certain type who throw comment out of context, just like many men make stupid comments here we call them another word which is probably censored here.

I didn't even mean to be serious about it, sorry !

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

It has been brought to my attention that this word is not what I tought it meant.

2. womanish
extremely and utterly childish and insecure.

Thats the urban definition around here for that word, but were not much english speaking so never delved into any dictionary to get the real meaning.

I apologise for any inconvenience my immature insult might have reached... in my head it had nothing to do with woman but only a certain type who throw comment out of context, just like many men make stupid comments here we call them another word which is probably censored here.

I didn't even mean to be serious about it, sorry !
OMG. I cannot believe any dictionary, urban or not, would publish something so offensive.

But I know that you are not a primary English speaker, and we have talked in game...

...I forgive you.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I won't !

look at websters :

2 : suggestive of a weak character : effeminate <womanish fears>

At least you know I really didn't mean to target woman , I had read that somewhere in context where it was used as an insult against a man too. I don't remember which book however...