• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Resource help

C

ClanBeviin2

So I'm looking to make some advanced assault cores and need a couple of resources. Why buy when you can harvest with some high-quality harvesters, right? I was getting frustrated at not being able to find Alantium Carbonate Ore and Plexite Amorphous Gemstone. I took a peek over at SWGCraft Project and found that no variations of either of these have been available since the middle of 2007!!

WHAT???

I understand the need to keep certain resources rare but seriously -- a whole damn year or more?? That really doesn't make me happy.

Any advice? (Other than buy them for my pixelated first-born?)

B

BadgerSmaker

The resource system in SWG is a very random and particularly "hardcore" game mechanic.

The algorithms that dictate what resources spawn and when are a coded in such a way that they are extremely dynamic and unpredicatable.

This can be frustrating for new traders, but it is also rewards those that keep an eye on resource shifts in the long term.

One other thing you can do is buy up a veteran reward that allows you a crate of any resource of your choice. You can use these deeds to select any resource that has ever spawned on your server and it will create a 30k container of that resource in your inventory.

Keep an eye on your servers trade forums for any traders that are leaving the game and having a sale on resources, you can also pick up real bargains that way.

C

ClanBeviin2

Thanks.

I'll tell you one thing: When I finally see that they've spawned I'm gonna harvest like the dickens and then horde and sell for other's pixelated first-borns.

I had my crate of free resources, but accidently hit "OK" a while back and got stuck with some very high-quality steel. If I'd known... In the meantime, I guess, I have to save up the 40 mil to buy two more so I can get my resources.

Like I said, though, I understand the need for rarity, but more than a year between spawns is a little too hardcore, IMO.

B

BadgerSmaker

Like I said, though, I understand the need for rarity, but more than a year between spawns is a little too hardcore, IMO.
The thing is, the resource spawns are completely and utterly random, the Devs can't even influence what spawns.

By the law of averages, eventually you'll get what you're after one way or another though.

C

ClanBeviin2

So I know the shift are random. The other night I caught a shift in progress... I checked my harvester and all was well, then checked again in an hour and the copper was gone. But my other harvesters for wind and water were still plugging away. I know the shifts are random, so does that mean that each resource has its own shift schedule, or do they all shift at the same time with some resources rolling a "no change"?

B

BadgerSmaker

Each resource has it's own unpredictable shift.

Keep an eye out for large fields of harvesters when you travel around the game, odds are that something interesting has spawned there and some players are sucking as much as they can out of the ground.

Drop a harvester near by and grab some as it must be useful stuff. ;)

P

Penti

I've had spawns of geo energy last anything from 3-4 weeks to 3-4 hours. There's no predicting it, but its always worth putting down harvesters on high percentage spawns of low quality resources if there is nothing decent to harvest. Cant hurt to sell the crap stuff for 1-2 cred per unit?