• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RESOLVED 12/03/2007 3:15 PM PST) 12/02/2007 7:12 PM PST Potential Updater Errors

• Thread starter imported_LFancey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_LFancey

Since I have three posts about CASTANET errors I am going to open a trouble ticket with Network Operations.

I will keep you updated as best I can.

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

SO-unix is looking to see if there are any problems

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

They are investigating.. I have no information if this is a problem yet or if it is any ETA

Lee

G

Oh.

Mine is updating fine now.

I will edit to let you know if I can get in JP with no problems!

Thanks again!

Edit: Yes, I can.

G

Still having problems, tried nearly 100 times (or so it seems)

And never had a problem updating to TC3 until today.

P

Piratess13

I just tried again to update and I'm still receiving message:

CASTANET_ERROR_UNEXPECTED_EOF

PandoraPlys3 a.k.a .....

G

Probably not until people on the west coast wake up. It's 5:30am there.

G

im having troubles updating and patching over from test 3 to the regular cities could this be part of the same problem????? i can get in test 3 fine but cant get anywhere else the updater wont update... ( firewalls are off)

I

imported_LFancey

<blockquote><hr>

im having troubles updating and patching over from test 3 to the regular cities could this be part of the same problem????? i can get in test 3 fine but cant get anywhere else the updater wont update... ( firewalls are off)

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you getting CASTANET errors?

Lee

N

NightFlyer

This may not be addressed to me, but I am having the same issues and no CASTANET error.

Just keep looping in and asked for verification.

I was in TC3 yesterday and tried to update to production cities this morning. Got the verification that is never ending and looping.

Then tried patching back to TC3 and got the same thing.

G

I'm not getting castanet errors, but I am getting the verification/can't connect to server problem that we had a while back when trying to log in to TC3.

Polly

G

I didnt have to patch but it did skip the updater, said there was a problem and sent me to TC3.

P

pixelmaxiod

Yer mine wont upate either dam
it says theres a error updating the updater? It then says failed to connect (or somthing like that) this could because of servers down, maintence etc.

I

imported_LFancey

This appears to be system wide now and affecting both coasts. I am working on the problem.

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

Network Engineering has identifed that we have lost a network switch in our San Jose Colo. They are working to trace it and move the service to a new network switch.

I will keep you updated as I have no specific ETA as of yet.

Lee

R

Rachael2001

Just out of interest, I'm in the UK. Is that separate from the East Coast/West Coast servers or are we attached to one of those?

R

Rachael2001

Yay! I'm all mended thanks Lee! Not quite sure why I had to agree Terms and Conditions again but that is a minor point!

Ta muchly!
Rachael

R

RZH of DG

Thanks, Lee. All bettah! Also, I never got a "Castanet" error..I just got an error saying that it couldn't connect to the update server, or something like that.

I

imported_LFancey

It was broken for everyone.

No east/west this time.

Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

Service is restored.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, works good again!