• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ReSizing Home

S

Static

Okies, So heres the DEAL. I allready asked in homes forum and NOTHING for 4 hours so......

I placed on an idoc last week.

I have 7 hours left on the house placment tool.

Do i have to wait till those 7 hours go away to resize my home?

Or

Did i just waste a whole week?

U

ultima online

i think you have to wait the full 7 days days before you can resize your house same as if you where trying to place a new one, never done it myself though.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL!!

Always confusion with this one....

Listen up!!! U only get 7 day timed when u buy a house..not when u place one!!

read that again ....

DO U NEED TO READ IT AGAIN FOR THE 3RD TIME....okies it may sink in then

Has long as u aint bought a house in the last 7 days u can place and drop ..place and drop..place and drop to your hearts content.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That reminds me of something - to clarify what THP said, it's not really the buying, it's the transferring.

If a house has been transferred to you, you can't place another house for 7 days. I guess re-size works like dropping the plot and placing another.

U

ultima online

LOL!!

read that again ....

Has long as u aint bought a house in the last 7 days u can place and drop ..place and drop..place and drop to your hearts content.
but it states that is only partly the case right here

true if you place and drop, place and drop (and dont confirm the placement) there isnt a 7 day timer, but what about if you use the "i wish to resize my house" option?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand what are the real rules to resize houses.
I bought one in atlantic some days ago. Then only to try the command "i wish to resize my house" i have sayed that words under the sign only after 5 days.
And puff... the house was gone. Panic!!
The house, fortunately was empty.
I had an house placement tool and i've tried to place one, bigger. Well. i had resized my house :)
5 days after buying it and not 7 days after.....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
??????????????

Hey u can resize a plot u have JUST placed one after just 1 hour........ so stop this crap 7 day ****e....

U ONLY GET 7 DAY TIMED IF U BUY THE BLOODY HOUSE...

B

BartofCats

i too will confirm that you have to wait an hour AFTER PLACING to use the resize command. I just did that 2 days ago. I can still resize my house every other hour of every day if i want too. The tool tells me so. well, the ingame message did anyway.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okies, So heres the DEAL. I allready asked in homes forum and NOTHING for 4 hours so......

I placed on an idoc last week.

I have 7 hours left on the house placment tool.

Do i have to wait till those 7 hours go away to resize my home?

Or

Did i just waste a whole week?
u wasted a whole week

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup wasted a week i just hope that nobody blocked u while u waited...go place that keep or castle now!!!

K

Kiminality

??????????????

Hey u can resize a plot u have JUST placed one after just 1 hour........ so stop this crap 7 day ****e....

U ONLY GET 7 DAY TIMED IF U BUY THE BLOODY HOUSE...
I'm sure you're right, and you're certainly emphatic.
But, you're not making a world of sense...

Am I understanding correctly that:
1.) If you have a house transferred to you, then you have the 7-day wait on placing a new one.
2.) If you place the house yourself, there is no 7-day limit at all.

Or, is the 7-day limit reset upon demolishing the house you place?

D

D'Amavir

LOL!!

read that again ....

So what you are saying is that if you drop a house you have to wait 7 days to place another one? Or am I just confused?

I kid of course. And, not that I don't believe you because I am pretty sure you are right, but is there anything anywhere on an official UO site that states that? Because, a quick search of the EA support site shows the following:

QUESTION
Why do I have to wait to place a house?
Answer
If you place a house, have a house traded to you, or set a house to Primary, a one-week timer begins. During that time, you may not place another house, have another house traded to you, or set another house as Primary. However, you can still give away any number of houses on any number of shards without restriction.

That seems to state fairly clearly that if you PLACE A HOUSE, you will suffere the one week timer. Now, I would hate for someone to get banned for using a bug that allows them to place another house without having to wait through that timer. So, a little clarification would be helpful considering the above response by EA itself on the subject.

Haddy G

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you place a house you will have to wait 7 days to place another house. I placed a 18x18 in July and had to wait 7 days.

I believe the resize function works the same way. So if you resize your house then decide to resize it again within the 7 days of the first house resizing you will be screwed out of placing until the 7 days pass.