• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event RESCHEDULING OF CLAUDIUS EVENT TO SUNDAY

EM Claudius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Due to circumstances really quite out of my control, I have had to reschedule the event this Saturday (the 21st) to this Sunday (the 22nd), at Noon.

Revised announcement follows:

There will be an EM Claudius Event, on Sunday 22 September 2013, at Noon Eastern.

Gather at the call of Lord Ibolin, at the West Britain Counselors' Guild Hall, to fight against The Cult of the Mutilator -- a demonic cult that has been attacking the capital city.

This event will be called "Trail of the Mutilator."

The revised time and date will be reflected on the Town Criers very shortly.

Also continue to be on the lookout by attacks on Britain in the days leading up to this event, and attacks on Britannia's overseas cities both before and after the event.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good deal!!! I couldn't come on the 21st as it's my 39th birthday!!!! But I can come on Sunday. Woot woot!!!

EM Claudius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Overseas cities refers to cities not on the mainland. So, Moonglow, Serp's Hold, Jhelom, etc. So far they've only raided Jhelom, though.

There's some fiction here:

http://stratics.com/community/threads/lamentations.304303/

That talks about their plans:

Cronn calmed down. It amused Mors Gotha how easy it was for her to control and manipulate Cronn's volatile emotions. For all his cunning, for all his strength, for all his practiced ability with weapons and the other tools of violence, his heart remained that of an evil, selfish child. “Tell me again our plan.”

Simple. We attack their non-core cities, the cities of their outremer. Their cities not on their mainland. We keep them off-balance, make them have to defend those cities, have to defend their outremer until it weakens their core. When we are ready, we strike their King's castle with our Blackrock weapons. Those weapons will cut through the castle's magical protections. We then enter the castle....And do as we wish with their King.”
The term "outremer" is from the Crusades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outremer

It sounded like an appropriate term to use in UO. Sounds all medieval and stuff.